PH & EC testers Maintenance...

Romeu9

Hi guys! It's good to be back! :gamer:

So I'll start of with a question..
How do you guys keep your electronic ph & ec testers working good?
Ph testers are more sensitive than the Ec testers...
You just rinse after use or you use any solution to clean the probes after using?

Would love to know all about it from you personal use!

Thanks in advance!

Take care!  :music: 

Welcome back my long lost friend. Been missing you bro. Where have you been?
I'm not around as much but you should start using skype again so we can keep in touch?
For your question, i only rinse with clean water after use and from time to time i clean the pens with a solution i buy from the same place i got the pens from.

• Like 1

Hello man welcome back!!

For the PH tester personally when i bought it the guy always advised me to let it soak in some demineralized water or PH 4 solution when you dont use it, this way the mesh of the pen never gets dry, and he says that you keep it more acurate like this and more long... i dont know if it was true i always did it and never had problem with my hanna, but it could be not related to this haha.

Same for the cleaning he advised demineralized water at least to rinse it, before and after the use, just to make sure nothing stay block on the mesh that would modify the readings later. I would do it by filling a plastic glass with a little bit of the demineralized water and just stir the pen in it and let it the time to take plants out etc...

Have a good day!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i clean mine with  distillate water 

Thanks Sizla!

The info that came with the new ph tester I bought says that we shouldn't use distillate water on it.. But what you wrote makes sense to me too, if I didn't read the info I would do it for sure!

Take care

• Like 1

Good to know for sure  :rabbi:  and what do they advise? There special pen solution they sell :D ?

The advice is to use a cleaning solution or storage solution (wen in storage), but if we don't have any of those two they recomend to use tap water instead of distilled water.