How long can I leave a DWC?

Bandz

Yes Hydro with the timers or just soil with  a dripping system and timer, it is a good solution too, if nothing happens like light cuts, or fail of the equipment. You could also think about the Autopots that use only gravity and a balance system so it is pretty self suficient but it needs some refill sometimes..

Good luck in your quest for solutions!

• 5 months later...

I do dwc and use 25ltr buckets they will last a week on that easily just make sure you got the right ec and it's well ph'd. I sometimes found some went lower and some went higher in the week so just adjust it accordingly and they should stay within range it's always good to allow a little swing anyway helps with uptake of certain chemicals

• 1 month later...

Glad to hear everything went ok. I do Hydro myself and i think you can leave them if you really, REALLY have too. It´s when things go south all happen fast. That is the only risk as i see it.
But it warms my ole grower heart to hear you doing good.

Perhaps a photo on your fine girls?

• 4 months later...

Ok, heres what i have done in the past with hydro & DWC (current). To be fair its easy to maintain your water values at a plants first growing stage. Make sure you have your Ph5.5, light on a timer, air on 24/7, and monitor your E.C values. I have had plants do fine with no nutrients for the first few weeks of the grow and only found PH values jumping around as the plant really matured. I have only changed my DWC water twice this grow due to just being lazy.

• 1 month later...

i will be traveling for work.. Just 5 days at a time.. What can I do to keep my plants from suffering. I have not started a grow yet need some ideas on how to handle this situation. I want to do DWC but am open to other options.