A high hello from brazil

gugonaldos

Helloooo, my name is Gustavo, you can call me gugs though.

I'ven been smoking weed since I was a kid and been planing/wanting to grow my own for a very good while now, I've tried once with bad quality seeds outdoor and did not make it.

I have started another grow with autos and right now they started to flower, I already have some info about growing, but there is tons of things I still need to learn, therefore if you guys could give me some tips that would be aewsome. I have a huge list of questions hahahaha

I also have some pics of my ladies at my own home wich I will be posting here in one or two days ;)

• Like 5

Welcome to Strain Hunters.

If you are looking for grow Information, then you have certainly found the right place.

There is a wealth of Information to be found throughout the Forum.  You can read the existing Threads without having to wait for replies, sort of like self-paced and self-directed learning. 

I had found the "Grow Journals Indoor" and "Grow Journals Outdoor" especially interesting and entertaining.

Also the "Indoor Cup Journals" and "Outdoor Cup Journals" are good.  It's all good.

There are many here who can help.  Just post your questions.  I am also a grower indoors and out; If I can be of assistance, let me know.

You can post to a single participant using the PM (Private Messages), or you can open a Thread in a Topic as you have done here in the Topic "Introduce Yourself". 

You will need however to post a few replies into the Forums before all the editing features are opened up to you. (10) This is a Feature to prevent Spammers from bombarding the Forum with their trash.   So be patient, have fun and post a few replies and "LIKE" the posts of others when they make you smile.

Hey, looking Forward to the Pictures of your ladies. 

• Like 1

thanks for the welcome bro, in 2 or 3 days I'll be back home and I'll post the pics, they are kinda small, but they entered preflowering so I guess they'll grow a lot in the next two weeks and then stop for good.

Is it ok for me to hit you with 831201293 questions?!

My ladies, as promissed! Haha I know that they are kinda small in height, bit its mainly because im doing some LST AMD lateral growth on them. I'm Aldo getting better pics. So, questions:

1- i think they are on the second week of pré flower by the looks on the buds and rhe fact that they are still growing, AM i right?! They are 7 weeks old

2- how long should i wait to harvest them? Any idea about yelds?

post-36818-0-30578300-1429679882.jpg

post-36818-0-83746000-1429679942.jpg

post-36818-0-68675500-1429680056.jpg

post-36818-0-48663800-1429680257.jpg

• Like 3

Hi mate,

Nice photos! Thanks for sharing ;)

Flowers appear three weeks, more or less (depending on the variety may be younger or oldest).

You must wait at least eight weeks before flowering lde tota assess if you need to cut. If you are in the third week and is 8, you must wait at least 5 weeks more

Greetings!

The Theory of Relativity applies also to the art of growing MJ.

Yes, good genetics (good Strain from a reliable Seedbank/Cultivator) is one of the primary factors.  After that, whether you have a good grow or good harvest, it's all up to YOU (and Nature, when growing outdoors).  That's where doing Research(reading the grow journals, for example) and following the instructions for the Nutrients comes into play, among many other things.

The flowering times, harvest times, harvest yield, THC/CBD/CBN ratios and strengths published by reliable Seedbanks/Cultivators are usually established through testing.  Suppliers who provide such Information without proper due-diligence, are generally to be avoided.  Learning which suppliers are reliable (or not) comes through experience or listening to others in this Forum or in other Forums.  In any case, those Informations serve at best as a Guideline as to what to expect from the Strain.  The greater influence on your success is everything that YOU do (or fail to do) to provide the plants with their needs.

Personally, I let the plant tell me when to start the final flush(es) and when to increase/decrease/Change/ or stop a nutrient Regimen.  It has to do with the health of the leaves, appearance of the Pistils, appearance of the Trichomes, etc.  That is fine tuned with experience.

One Thing for sure:  Proper flushing is paramount, for indoor grows especially, in order to have good-tasting, not-harsh, good-burning weed.  In the last 2 to 4 weeks before harvest, you need to help the plant get rid of the nutrients that have built-up in the soil (and inside the plant itself).  By this time, the nutrients have turned into various salts that taste bad and don't burn well. 

By the way, your plants look wonderful.  You are doing something right.  Keep it up.

Next question....