I'm not sure about a couple things

gugonaldos

Hello, I had two plants and I burned one of them with nutes and the other got some minor leaves tips that turned yellow.

anyways, she is flowering for a while a now, she is at week 2~3 of flowering, and went through 2 weeks of pre flowering.

I don't know how longer should I wait before I chop her down and if the orange on the bud hairs is natural and normal or because of my mistake with the nutes, any help on when to harvest would be nice.

I've been planning to harvest when the buds stop growing and getting denser, but I've read people saying that it should be done when all hairs turn orange, when the leaves are very thin and many other techiniques, which one should I follow?!

post-36818-0-46816500-1430964701.jpg

post-36818-0-23323600-1430964705.jpg

post-36818-0-80314400-1430964708.jpg

post-36818-0-95172800-1430964711.jpg

• 1 month later...

"One of the ways to tell that your plant is ready to harvest is to look at the calyxes. In the final stages, they will swell and ripen as more resin glands develop on the surface. This creates a mushroom-like cap commonly called the “bud.” Chemical changes are occurring in the THC development during this stage also. The pistils or little hairs that grow inside the calyxes will change color from white to red. The ratio of red to white will determine the type of high you will get, whether it’s a “head” high or a “stone.” As the harvest time gets closer, usually in the last couple of weeks, the pistils will change color from bright white to rust-colored orange or even brown. This signifies your plant is at the end of its cycle and is ready for harvest."

@royalqueensseeds

I just leave this here, 'cause in the end you should see, when your plant is ready.

Hi, go buy a jewelers loop on ebay or High Times sells a small scope for looking at your trichomes. They start to swell and turn cloudy and sometimes change color. This is the part that takes practice so many people harvest to soon or to late, you have around a 6 day window once they are ripe. Harvest earlyer and you have more of an up high harvest later and you get more CBD's, normally your top flowers are ready before the ones lower. You can take the tops and then wait till the rest are ripe it's what i do and i hate trimming so i do it in steps. I hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

<Right. Don't wait too long. If you got a potent strain once a good portion of white hairs have turmed into red/brown you can start harvesting.  If a third of the white hairs have turned colors it is the time you can start taking samples. Just dry a few buds fast and try if you like the high or not. If it is not strong enough for wait another week or 10 days and try again. Once half of the hairs are brown chances are high the product is just right between cerebral high and a relaxing body stone. If you wait longer you wil get a stoney weed with little potency as far as the head high goes. If all white has turned brown the THC already degrades ... If you want to see the trichomes best get an USB microscope - easier and mre precise imo.

• 4 weeks later...