blue mystic autoflower

sixpiece

Guest superbluehaze

hello my friend,

I would give your plants a good flush with plain water, and then lengthen your watering cycles.

The roots need to go through a wet and moist cycle, even when using a hydro system such as yours.

You see most strains of cannabis cannot tolerated wet roots, but need them to go through a wet and moist cycle;

the roots need contact with oxygen.

I know the theory behind such systems, but that is theory,

in practice these systems have to be very finely tuned to grow healthy vigorous cannabis.

Once fined tuned they do work well, but the watering cycle is not as simple as some may make it out to be when using these systems.

what are your EC levels? what is the ph of your nurtrient solution?

happy growing,

john

• 3 weeks later...

It's hard to germinate the seeds in this aerogarden system because you have to make sure the water levels are correct and it was new to me. I lost 1 seed this way. 2 plants left technically 3 if you look closely as there as 2 plants in 1 of the containers. One died cause it was the strongest and demanded the most water when the water ran out was the first to die:

P1010136.JPG

pH is around 5.6-5.9, not sure what the EC is. Last week I used 0.6 ml of flora nova grow to 750 ml of water and 1.25 of flora blend. This week I switched into the Advanced Nutrients Iguana Juice Grow at 3.5 ml per liter with Jurassic Nutritional supplements: grow and veg booster as half strength for each of directions on package. I added lots of supplements too, thanks to cinagro, Jurassic, optimum,grotek, GH. AN, Cantek, Biobizz.

also for foliar, last week I used a whole mix of fulvic, very high output (vho) and many other things.

this week it's just algamic for foliar or neem oil.

if I were to assume ppms, I would say last week was around 650 or so. This week, say 1000ppms, crude estimate I think it would likely measure 800-850 but hold a actually value of 1000-1200 due to carbon covalent bonds.

Guest superbluehaze

be careful my friend with the additives;

in the end it all comes down to salts, either organic or inorganic.

To high a solution of salts draws water from the plant, and the plant dies.

organic nutrients are not totally soluble,but once broken down they can cause the EC levels to rise dangerously.just be careful, you can kill them if you give them too much.ok mate,happy growing,john

Not only is the salt a concern in adding all the additives but for example, adding too much humic acid can be problematic also I assume.

My goal with all the additives was to make the plant strong,large and resilient

my experience is with the iguana juice it doesn't kill them if you give too much, it suffocates them. But some formulas like biobizz for example seem to be largely mineral based as oppose to slow release so this rings true, that the Biobizz would kill certainly easily like any other mineral based fertilizer. I experienced burning plants for the first time with biobizz. it really is like natural minerals etc.. or something, ammonical nitrogen is available instead of a solid form of nitrogen as fish, yucca extract, worm castings, kelp. Both are definitely good formulations but took that adjusting. Biobizz has a fish mix that behaves differently, I assume this is more similar to the iguana juice. The other thing is if I don't like what i'm seeing in the water system you just dump it out and replace it with something your more sure about.

I appreciate your advice. Here's my plant today:

I am now trying to initiate flowering using Cinagrow Bloom stimulator, King Max, and Monster Blood by BC Plant Products. Thanks to everyone who is helping make this project a sucess. Now I'm hoping for 45-50 days to make an incredible flower. :).. I also plan to foliar spray with a magic bloom sprayer from Cantek and I've sprayed it once with Distrival Fresh not dried but processed Acadie Kelp.

P1010141.JPG

Guest superbluehaze

Humic acid is electrolytic;

it allows the plant to absorb the elements, by making it easier for an electrical currant to flow through the moisture,

and thus facilitate movement of the element ions.

It will not kill the plant because it contains no salts.

it should not hurt, but is only a waste if you use more.

I have not used the nutrients you are talking about, and without knowing what they consist of, it is very hard for me to say;

you would know better, because you use them.

She is looking very healthy;

she is no where near having toxic symptoms, in fact, she could take a slightly higher dose of nutrients,

and you are right about the bloom,

she does need potassium;

I use a lot of Fish emulsion, and it is very high in organic nitrogen and can burn easily if you give too much;

my water when it flows out of the pot is sweet smelling;

if i leave unused nutrient for a day or, it stinks;

the secret is benificial bacteria;

they keep every thing clean

I aim to do the same; that is; use additives so that a plant has all it requires to grow rapidly and strongly;

good luck with it;

happy harvest,

john

Thanks for comments and suggestions.

Here's the recent photo of what's going on. I switched it up into the Grotek nutrients because it wasn't working out as good for King Max in terms of flower production and that's what I want the plant to focus on. So I gave them blossom blaster, bud fuel, solotek bloom and vitamax. I sprayed them with Magic Bloom sprayer it doesn't seem to like being sprayed it's maybe strong or not even sure what it is. It has an effect but it might be too strong or maybe it's needed to get these girls into flowering so who knows. I suspect it's high in potassium or something and it doesn't need anything more.

Here are the they are :

bluemystic.jpg

P1010150.JPG

I note that the Magic Bloom Sprayer was only suppose to be sprayed once a week. And I learned it the way without reading the instructions by seeing some slightly sad signs as shown above. I just gave it a dose 2ml of AN Bud Candy right now to make up for it, so it looks like it's recovering a bit. :) close to fill line.

added 1.25 ml of sensi cal and 2.5 ml of fulvic acid grandma engys going strong

the water level went down a bit and added 1.25 ml of cinagro bloom stim

Guest superbluehaze

my friend,

Do not push them too much.

Plants have limitations.

it pays to be aware of them.

she will flower in her own time beautifully.

in HER own time.

happy harvest,

john

P1010152.JPG

It's doing better now since it got that break from that Magic Bloom Sprayer. Next week I'll use it again (Sunday)

It hasn't drank the water as fast as it could but still going strong.

I am worried about it flowering for 3 reasons, flower food was applied later than I was suppose to, there is limited height in these machines, and these machines use 17 hours on and 7 hours off which is different from the natural cannabis cycle of somewhere between 11 hours on (sativas) and 13 hours on (afghanicas).

Thanks again for your comments and I will do my best though not to overnuke the young ladies. So far my mix by default is just going to be the grotek 6 pack for the moment and supplements are added as needed. For example, the bud candy helped to alleviate stress and the fulvic acid helped the plant to metabolize faster, that was much needed at that time. The bloom stim just gave every bit of assurance that the plant will focus on producing flowers.

This photo is so much better on the eyes for me than the previous one. :) Good day.

• 2 weeks later...

The plant is near dead so now I will make my final conclusions:

It was a fun experience.

Do not use autoflower:

- this is a genetic modification of what you are actually seeking

- it requires the same effort as the real thing and your not getting the same quality product

- plants will die if they don't mature in the set time

Do not use aerogarden

- lots of seeds were pointlessly lost

- system is expensive to run for 3 seed pods to plant your own seeds it costs $10-15

- system is very small so you should set it to flower immediately and your yields will be small

- bulb is not going to yield a lot if it's even capable to take plant to flower

If you decide to use autoflower make sure to flower it soon enough

Project concluded unless something magic happens with plant.

• 1 month later...

Another reason not to support auto strains, yes they have a place, but whenever possible you should try to grow the real thing:
I think this applied to my batch as to the reason why it didn't work as I intended. But in general these strains are error prone, it is a bit against nature.

Autoflowering strains

IMPORTANT NOTICE ON OUT OF STOCK STRAINS:

Time to cut the BS and inform you on what's really going on. There's a lot of nonsense doing the rounds about our decision to put four of our auto-flowering strains out of stock, so here's the truth, straight from the source.

Since introducing our four new auto-strains, reactions were mostly positive. We would like to stress that many of our customers have successfully grown these strains to their full satisfaction, as photos on many online cannabis communities will prove. There was one small batch of faulty Blue Mystic autos sent out, but we replaced seeds for the few customers that were involved. Lately, however, we have been receiving more and more complaints about a failure to flower in these four strains. This is why we have decided to temporarily stop selling them. We are currently doing some major quality testing to ascertain which batch or batches caused these issues. Since a lot of people still reported successful grows, and since testing is done regularly, we do know that not all batches were affected.

For all our customers who've ordered auto-flowerers from us, here's what you should do: First, don't panic! Rumour-mongers most likely have never even ordered from us, and are often not properly informed. Your seeds may very well turn out to have nothing wrong with them whatsoever.

Begin by making very sure that any problems you are experiencing with these strains are not due to grower mistakes! Common mistakes include:

- using nutrients intended for use in the vegetative period. If you're using these, the plant will not get the necessary nutrients to start producing flowers. Solution: switch to flowering nutrients immediately.
- using a 24/0 light cycle. The fact that auto-flowerers are not photo period dependent, like regular cannabis plants are, does not mean that being bathed in light 24/7 is right for them. Many growers make the mistake of thinking plants need to be exposed to light as much as possible to grow bigger, when the dark period is actually when plants use that built-up light energy to develop roots and leaves. (obviously, using a dark period also means far lower electricity bills and heat output). Solution: switch to an 18/6 or even 16/8 light cycle.
- using too high temperatures. Tying in with the issue above - if plants get too hot, flowering may be affected. Slightly lowering the temperatures simulates the ending of the growing season, thus stimulating flowering. Solution: carefully lower those temperatures.

The above should fix issues experienced with seeds from all good batches. If you believe you have received a bad batch, and you've tried the above solutions and still have problems, please contact us through the Help Desk and we will sort things out. If, on the other hand, you've been driven to panic over what someone wrote on a forum, we would urge you to verify that your growing conditions are correct with the help of the list above.

In the meantime, as mentioned above, we will focus on batch testing to find out which batches were affected, and on quality control to make sure this doesn't happen again. As a safety measure, all batches of these autoflowering strains will remain set to "out of stock" until we can be sure that the batches we have are flowering properly. Thank you for reading, and our apologies to all customers who were affected.