need new 600 ballast , advice plz

slide

Yes they are better according to me. They run more silent, cheaper run cost, less heat, more complex bulbs that allow a precise wavelength/colour and prob some more advantages that i forget.
That said, the old magnetic still does a great job plus they also have a wide range of nice bulbs. 

• Like 1

You can use what ever bulb brand you like but most of the time they come with a tailored bulb that is made to use all the advantage from the digital ballast. It´s way more easier to control the electrical conductivity in a digital ballast and that's why they can make pretty awesome bulbs.

But as i said, you can use what ever brand you like. A few of the digital ballasts comes with mixed settings, 400-600-1000w. That's a handy things when you want to cut down on electricity cost. Run the ballast in 400w when you start the grow and go up to 600w when you see the need.
Talking about run cost, they also run cheaper than a magnetic ballast. I think mine runs about 12% cheaper than the magnetic ballast i had back in the day's

• Like 1

I prefer my digital ballast is a lot quieter and love that I can switch it from 400/600 watts. Mine is a lumatek and has a slightly different bulb to the magnetic ballast. With a higher ignition rate.

• Like 2