Pesticides: The Ultimate Case for Growing Your Own

I'm just getting into growing (for personal use only) but reading stories about the lack of pesticide control is really what makes it imperative for me. I respect that Colorado is trying to keep this in check, but it's still a bit like the wild, wild West out there and I imagine it will be for at least a little while longer. The only way you know what you're smoking is to grow your own, organically. 

Agree 100%, the only way you'll ever know for sure is go grow it yourself.

Yeah, it's pretty insane - I was all for dispensary weed until I started reading about the unregulated pesticide BS. Like I said, respect to CO for trying to wrangle it, but I guess easier said than done. Until then, I'll be in the garden LOL

I'm on the medical marijuana program here in Canada, so I have access to "Licensed Producers" and do use them to try some stains I've never tried.  Here in Canada, they have to send out all harvested marijuana for testing before they get approval to sell it. So I feel pretty confident no pesticides are involved.  I don't like the fact that most LP's irradiate their "medicines" to avoid any mold or fungus issues during the approval process.  So I grow my own, using my "Cultivation License" from Health Canada.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...