Philips CMH - Ceramic Metal Halide

ManUbuntu

Fellow growers!

I stumble upon a "new" way of light, Ceramic Metal Halide. It's in the HID family and promises a lot. Went trough an extensive and painful topic on icmag but I like this company a lot more :)

so the Q is: does anyone grow with this kind of light. I found them on Philips official page, they come in diff types of wattage and color, what cought my eye was this one:

http://download.p4c.philips.com/l4b/9/928601172201_na/928601172201_na_pss_aenaa.pdf

so can anyone help me around this one? does anyone use it? where can I get them in EU?

and much nore important Q, where can I get the ballast for this lamp?

thank you and bless you all

man

Hey Friend,

It is interesting.  I went to the Official Philips Online shop (.de), entered "Mastercolor CDM-T Elite 315W T12".  Even Philips Website does not recognize their own product.

Reading the specifications again, I noticed that it is advertized to comply with American Standards and Canadian Standards, but that neither European Standards (CE) nor Deutsche Industrie Norms (DIN) are listed.  It may be possible that it is not allowed to be sold in the European market.  Philips (of the Netherlands) may have developed these bulbs only for the USA and Canadian markets.

Aha!  Try Alibaba.com.  But dont be surprised if your order gets stopped at Customs if this bulb or Ballast is forbidden in Europe.

Uhoh!  Alibaba seems to have only the ballasts and lighting fixtures for this bulb, but no bulbs themselves.

OK, found it.  Try www.gogrowhydroponics.co.uk   But have a seat first...    It costs a whopping 110 Pounds per bulb!!!