Canna EC+ vs EC?

toaor

Hi Guys & Girls, peace to all.

I have a quick question on EC+ vs EC measurement quoted on Canna Terra range.

This is what is says on Canna website about EC+

EC:
EC+ value is based in mS/cm when EC water = 0.0 at 25ºC, pH 6.0

That said the EC difference between EC and quoted EC+ is quite high.

Example during 1st week of flower EC+ 1.2 vs EC 1.8.

So which should I be working towards EC+ with lower score or the higher EC.

Link to their information http://www.canna-uk.com/growguide

Peace y'ole.

Toaor

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I use exactly the dosage quoted but my total EC is around 1.4 where Canna say it should be up at 2.0 at this point in flower.

How can I raise EC, simply by putting more of everything in the mix?

If so, more of what the Flores, Cannazym, Boost, Rhizotonic?

I'm sure I can get more yield once I get the EC right.

OK so I use exactly the dosage quoted but my total EC is around 1.4 where Canna say it should be up at 2.0 at this point in flower.

How can I raise EC, simply by putting more of everything in the mix?

If so, more of what the Flores, Cannazym, Boost, Rhizotonic?

I'm sure I can get more yield once I get the EC right.

i would not get too hung up on those recommended ec values as they are  way way too high anyway in most cases, and they are def high in cannas case far away from the ec ranges for growing seedless buds.

the values would fit more for growing big fruit plants despite the companys name...

it is far more beneficial to visualize the plants nutrient needs and to follow steady ec level than following the blind numbers they give as almost every brand will tell you to use too much with few exeptions

what i mean by steady ec is when you put nutrients in reservoir and water level goes down as plant drinks it you will still have same EC in there, or when you take runoff measurements from pots

you dont want it to build up in time, rather get lower than up

the brand im using says i should push it over 2.1ec also but im always maxing at 0.9-1.2~ with my buds, if i followed them the ec would build up rapidly in toxic levels

the total ec is made up of your tap water ec + ec from nutrients, the usual maximum ec you should ever need for growing seedless buds is around 1.1ec~+tapwater ec in most cases

so lets say if your tap is 0.3ec you than would max the feeding around1.4ec(prob even lower)  and any more would lead to rapid nutrient build up that will couse trouble in long run

giving them more than they need is actually counter productive with yield and quality of buds, even if the company tells you to use higher heroic:D ec values it only creates problems and lowers the yield in the end. there will be nutrient buildups that leads to toxicity and lockouts when not following balanced ec level

simple analog i can give to this is you cant build house any faster by pushing more building blocks on site (nutrients)  only way you can speed up the building speed and use more material each day is to get more workers (light&co2)

in fact you might even block the working space completely:)

• Like 2