Ph in soil run low

Official_sirgrowalot

I'm growing in gold label special mix and forgot to check the ph value of the soil, plants are really healthy. I've been using advanced nutrients ph perfect line and ends up ph 6.4. I've reached day 26 and the soil run off is 5.4 should I leave it or add dolomite I'm a bit weary about adding it as there seems to be plenty of magnesium in the plants. Plants are lush green and crystals developing all over the place but to me the development doesn't look as much flowers as I'm used too but then I used to use canna products before in coco! Many thanks in advance

Hi slimjim thanks for response. I've sorted it now and you hit the nail on its head it's what my shop told me to do probably Coz he wants to sell more of the stuff haha! I've given nothing but water since till they show signs they need something and ph has gone back up to 5.9 already so won't be long till back on track. They weren't badly effected just hadn't put on what I've been used to in coco! I'll put a pic up of them Cheesy headband and banana split.

post-37945-0-01609900-1445625619.jpeg

post-37945-0-59697400-1445625696.jpeg

• Like 1

im using the 3 part ph perfect line also and i find the recommended dose  4ml from each bottle gives way too high ec levels for feeding on every watering or for hydro reservoir, that also leads to the lower ph levels and nutrient buildups you are getting

typically with normal hybrids i use about 1-1,5ml from micro and 1-2,5ml grow and bloom per liter depending what stage plant is with some exceptions, maxing the EC around 0.9-1.2 with my tap ec starting at 0.14 and feeding on every watering

at those levels im not getting much salt build up issues

the plants look really nice, glad you found the problem in time

• Like 1