Cannabissapean

Green House Kush Test compared against Kaia Kush, each comparing Short Powder Feeding against Advanced Hydroponics Nutrients by Cannabissapean

219 posts in this topic

Thank you, Ghost Grower.

"A nice show" is exactly what I wanted to achieve.

I know that I blab sometimes, but I had fun making this journal.  I hope you'all have enjoyed it as well.

And as many of you know, it takes dedication and a lot of nose-to-the-grindstone to crank out a journal.  My deepest respect to every one of the other contestants.

I just wish that I had better growing skills to produce the giant colas like Mykol76 and Jankahar, and better equipment, lighting, camera, etc. to produce better pictures.

And oh geez, I wish I had the talent of creativity and computer skills to produce something like "Gonzo's Great Adventure", one can see in another section of the forum.  That was to me legendary and comical.  LMAO    

Many thanks to Admin (and certainly many others unknown to me) for your continuing efforts to expand the business and to improve the forum and to correct the flaws in the improved forum.  We all appreciate that.  And thanks for the tipp on how to maneuver pictures during uploading and editting.  That enabled me to improve my presentation, by bringing my pictures and captions together.

Materials are now dried and weighed and again photographed.  They are sitting now in curing jars.  I'll post the pictures of the dried materials and their weights soon.

2 people like this

@Cannabissapean

Our work was really great, many photos many growth details and everything else .. Your plants have been in great form for most of the period ..
But the experience comes with the years, and grown in the hydroponics, it seems easy, but at the same time is very delicate, and it takes little to fuck the system or part of it.
If I can give you some advice, try to keep the roots around 18 ° / 20 °,, above 24 ° the roots die, if the roots die, the plant can not absorb more other substances and water, and then starts to die.
However then again, you did a great job with everything, I enjoyed following your diary, I hope to soon see new jobs.

Mykol,

Thank you for the nice words, and for the advice.  I had not known that the temperature of the feeding-solutions was so critical as that, but now that you mention it, I think, looking back, that there was indeed a noticeable difference in performance after I had moved the reservoirs out of the tent(where it was warmer) and had placed them directly on the floor (concrete in contact with the earth about 1 meter deeper than the surrounding ground-surface) where the floor temperature is fairly constant at 18° to 20°C.

It had been suggested by some others here, that I should install an aquarium heater to raise the temperature of the solutions, while others had suggested (like you), that the solutions should be kept cooler.  So, now you have given me an idea for a future Test Grow.  If invited to participate in another Test Grow for StrainHunters/GreenHouse, I may decide to run a test regarding temperature of feeding solution, all other factors being identical.    Hmmmmmmmm...

1 person likes this

I do not know who  and what we advised you, but as the temperature increases the oxygen diminishes, is a matter of fact.
Obviously it depends on the circumstances, whether to use a heater for the water, or a water chiller, but in both cases, the goal is to keep the root tmp around 18 °. ;) 

OK, here are the dry-weights and some pictures:

The sugar-leaf trim from both the Kaia Kush plants together weighs dry 11 grams.

And Lo and Behold!  While transferring just the sugar-leaves from place to place during the weight-measurement, I found 3 seeds.  And that's just in the sugar leaves.  I wonder how many seeds I will find as I smoke my way through the dried blooms.  I did not have any males anywhere, and I know that I had cleaned the tent very well before these plants flowered.  Is this the result of an unseen hermie stamen somewhere among the female flowers of the Kaia Kush?  Or maybe one of the GreenHouse Kushes had produced a hermie stamen?  I guess I'll never know, but at least I have a few more seeds to try-out.  I hope they remain feminized.

Image000.jpg

Image001.jpg

And the dry-weight of the sugar-leaf trim of all 4 of the GreenHouse Kush plants is 12 grams.

Image002.jpg

And now for the dry-weights of the buds for each plant:

Here is the bud for Kaia Kush #1 fed with Powderfeeding(short).  I got 49 grams of dank sticky purple nuggs.

Remember that this plant is that same poor little seedling which sat in its rockwool cube about 30 days with the folded-leaf syndrome before it produced its first set of multi-leaflet leaves.  Just because a seedling is slow to develop doesn't mean it is a loser.  This Kaia Kush outperformed the other Kaia Kush plant that had developed rapidly.

Image005.jpg

Image006.jpg

1 person likes this

From Kaia Kush #2 fed with Advanced Hydroponics, I got 30 grams.  They were also purple in color, but they were not quite as sticky as that of KK1PF.

I don't understand why this little camera produces different colours when taking pictures of the same object.  Maybe it has something to do with the auto-focus not being completely finished with its task before I press the snap.  Or maybe it has to do with the battery not being fully recovered from one snap before I force the camera to take yet another picture.  Anyway, here are the pictures of the buds close-up.

Image007.jpg

Image008.jpg

Image009.jpg

1 person likes this

From GreenHouse Kush #1 Powderfeed, I got 25 grams.

Image003.jpg

Image004.jpg

1 person likes this

From GreenHouse Kush #2 AH, I got 22 grams dried bud.

Image010.jpg

Image011.jpg

1 person likes this

From GreenHouse Kush #3 Powderfeed, I got 24 grams dried bud.

Image012.jpg

Image013.jpg

1 person likes this

And from GreenHouse Kush #4 (grew 4 big colas) fed with Advanced Hydroponics, I got a whopping 69 grams dried bud.

Image014.jpg

Image015.jpg

2 people like this

wow wonderful pics .. I guess the crazy smell that will have around ...
really frosted buds, I'm sure he will be an excellent smoke.
good luck with the cooking.
enjoy the smoke and peace!! :D

OK, here is the dish I have prepared. 

I used the sugar-leaves from the GreenHouse Kush plants plus a little more sugar-leaves from two previous grows to collect-together 15 grams.  I infused this into 250-grams Cannabutter.

I then used 125-grams Cannabutter and baked a Pineapple-Upside-Down-Cake (PUD-Cake).  I baked 2 of them, one with Cannabutter and one without Cannabutter.

I posted the Cannabutter and PUD-Cake complete with recipes in the "Cooking with Cannabis" Section of the forum.  Here is the link.  Enjoy!

Image043.jpg

Image074.jpg

Image075.jpg

1 person likes this

yumm yumm..... This cake looks delicious !!
enjoy a happy piece. :D 

Yum!  They are delicious.  My guests called-in sick for that weekend, so I wound-up eating the regular PUD-Cake over the past week.

I shall again cook a fresh cake for the guests when they visit again in 2 or 3 weeks.

As for the other Canna-PUD-Cake, I have eaten a few pieces, each time, only 1/2 a pineapple-ring's worth of the cake.  Man is this cake strong and good tasting.  Just 1/2 a rings worth of the cake gets me high for an entire day and overnight.  Then the next day is still a little bit hazey.

Just re-visiting my journal to post a comment to make it easier to find again.