Green House Kush Test compared against Kaia Kush, each comparing Short Powder Feeding against Advanced Hydroponics Nutrients by Cannabissapean

Cannabissapean

28 Dec 2015

And here is my drip system for this phase.  Five drippers for each plant.  I can easily vary where the drippers drop the nutrient simply by shifting the drip-ring or by twisting the individual drippers inward to drip onto the rockwool (at first), then outward to drip onto the Ton balls as the roots expand outward.Image079.jpg

Image080.jpg

Image081.jpg

Image082.jpg

Image083.jpg

Image084.jpg

Image085.jpg

OK, the lamps are raised, the four GHK's are returned to their respective places, the KK1PF and KK2AH are raised on pedestals to be closer to the lamps.

I filled again the reservoirs:

10 Liters rainwater plus 10grams Powderfeeding Short-flowering.

10 Liters rainwater plus 10ml of 1-Grow, 5ml of 2-Bloom, 5 ml of 3-Micro, 10ml of Root Stimulator (because I want to help the roots expand outward into the Ton balls), 10ml of Enzymes+.

I adjusted both reservoirs pH from 6,8 to around 5,3.  I trust that as every time, the pH will rise with time.Image086.jpg

Temps and humidity are normal for an open tent, so I closed everything up, ensured all the timers are correctly set.  We'll see what happens after a few days, and then the topping will occur.

See also Deer-forced clones.  Here's the link.

http://forums.strainhunters.com/topic/9334-northern-light-from-bulldog-seeds-clones-forced-by-the-deer/page-2#entry136890

Image087.jpg

• Like 2

Hola Cannabissapean!!

Eres un campeon y la verdad que estoy siguiendo muy de cerca el sistema de lana de roca y deapues con arlita y en hidropinico.

En buenas manos estan peei ay una que se a quedado floja ¿no?

Saludos y suerte!!

Feliz 2016 tod@s

Arrankeddj

Hello Cannabissapean !!

You are a true champion and I am following very closely the system of rockwool and deapues with arlita and hidropinico .

In PEEI are good hands to and one that is to become loose right?

Greetings and good luck !!

Happy 2016 everyone s

Arrankeddj

• Like 1

Arrankeddj,

I am very happy that you are following along.  Things are getting interesting now.

For the GHK's, I had to raise the lamps again and again and again over the past few days.  The internodal distance remained short for the first 3 or 4 internodes, but now the newer nodal distances have become longer and I have almost nowhere higher to set the lamps....

TIME FOR TOPPING !!!!Image000.jpg

Image001.jpg

Take a close look at the girls.  Each of the lower tight nodes have a pair of branches.  These will become the broad branches of these bushes at the latter stage of their lives.

Now, see the upper 2 or 3 nodes have tiny new growth with a bit greater distance between the nodes.  I will cut these away from the plant and they will be cloned into the next plants.Image002.jpg

Image003.jpg

OK, I need a good cloning gel.   That's where the Aloe Vera plant comes in.  I'll just snag that juicy leaf... Image007.jpg

OK, next I set-up my bubble-cloner, sterilize my snips with isopropyl alcohol, and then get busy cutting....

The Kaia Kush plants are not yet ready for cloning.

Image004.jpg

Image006.jpg

• Like 2

I squeeze and then split open the Aloe Vera leaf to expose that gooey goodness inside.  I set that aside and then turn to cutting the tops.

I select a node about 3 or 4 nodes below the upper-most growth node-group.  Then I cut just above the next node lower than that one (above the 4th or 5th node).

Now, I am working only with the tip.  I now cut the lower tip of the stem 45°.Image011.jpg

Then I rake the tips of my shears down the length of the stem multiple times to cause light scratching.Image012.jpg

Then I cut the bigger fan leaves and their associated new growth away from the stem.

I slip the scratched stem into the juicy aloe vera to coat it with slime, then I insert it into its foam holder and set that into the water of the bubble-cloner.  I repeat this procedure for each GHK.

Image013.jpg

Image014.jpg

Image016.jpg

• Like 1

The bubble-cloner is filled with rainwater, then about 20ml of old-used thinned-out cloning gel.  Image008.jpg

I crushed-up what remained of the aloe vera leaf and threw that in.Image017.jpg

Image018.jpg

And I put in 2 or 3 drops of the kolloidal dispersion enzyme - Triacontanol.

Image025.jpg

• Like 5

From the remaining smaller fan leaves, I cut away about one-half to two-thirds of the leaflets.  Even the smaller growing leaf-tips are cut away.  The clone must now concentrate it's energy on producing roots instead of producing sugars.

OK, here are the clone babies GHK1-S1, GHK2-S1, GHK3-S1, and GHK4-S1.  ("S" stands for "symmetric" = = "not a branch-clone, rather a clone from the central-top of a plant").Image009.jpg

Image015.jpg

The GHK2-S1 clone has a bit shorter stem and does not reach the water, so I will have to watch this one more closely.Image016.jpg

I misted all the clones and all the topped GHK candidates, closed up the tent and reduced the exhaust ventilation to allow the build-up of humidity and warmth. Image023.jpg

Image019.jpg

Image020.jpg

Image021.jpg

Image022.jpg

Image026.jpg

I'll return after 10 hours or so and check on things, AND to perform the first branch-LST'ing on the topped GHKs.

• Like 2

10 hours later

Both reservoirs had started 4 or 5 days ago with 10 Liters.  Now they are at ~5 Liters, so I added ~8 Liters pure rainwater into each reservoir.Image027.jpg

The GHK2-S1 is a bit more stressed than the other clones because it is not in direct contact with the water in the bubble-cloner, so while I manicure the main plants, I put GHK2-S1 directly into the bubble-water for a while to float in its foam holder, hopefully to soak up some water and recover somewhat.Image028.jpg

Image029.jpg

For each of the main plants, I removed their feeder rings so I could work.  Starting from the bottom, I snipped away all fan leaves attached directly to the central stalk except the four fan leaves of the two upper-most nodes.

Then using coated wires, I bent all the lower branches downward to the rim of the pot.  Some of the wires grasp the sides of the pot, others are simply shoved into the rockwool to hold the branch down.Image030.jpg

Image031.jpg

Image032.jpg

Image033.jpg

Image034.jpg

Image036.jpg

Image037.jpg

Image038.jpg

Then I used further coated wires to begin training the upper branches downward to rest on their associated big fan-leaf stems.  Those wires are simply hung onto the upper branches and they straddle the stem of the big fan leaf.  Where it seemed strong enough and appropriate, I also performed a bit of bending of the fan-leaf stems downward as well.

Then I re-assembled the feeder-ring around and over the depressed branches.  I tested the feeding drippers again.Image040.jpg

Image041.jpg

Image042.jpg

Image043.jpg

Clone GHK2-S1 seemes to have improved, so I set her back in her bubble-cloning place.

I stem-LST'd KK1PF again to the front to strengthen her stalk.  That's KK1PF, all bleached-out by my camera's flash.  We'll watch for another response.Image044.jpg

Then I sprayed all the plants in the Vegg tent with a heavy mist of distilled water, like a heavy downpour of rain.  And closed up the tent. 

We'll check on things tomorrow morning.

Image045.jpg

• Like 1

R.I.P. GHK2-S1.Image050.jpg

Other three look OK on top, but still no signs of roots underneath.Image051.jpg

Image052.jpg

I tied the top two branches of each of the four GHK's down to tthe stem of their corresponding fan leaf to begin their long cycle of training.  As they grow in length, I shall continue to train these top pair-branches further downward away from the light.  As their height and light intensity is reduced, eventually the leaves of lower branches will attain greater light intensity, and then they will receive increasing amounts of growth hormones from the plant enabling their increased rate of growth.Image053.jpg

Image054.jpg

Image055.jpg

Image056.jpg

Similar training shall also be performed to the next pair down from the top.  Training shall continue until each plant has basically a flat canopy of tops.  Then it will be time to flip to the flowering tent.Image057.jpg

Image058.jpg

KK1PF has been released from its last stem-LST, and after a couple days it has stood nicely, showing good growth and tight internodal distances.  Gotta watch out for stretch now in the new growth in the next weeks.Image059.jpg

KK2AH is looking great, and is approaching time for her transfer into her lava-rock / hydroton pot.

Image060.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks.  I'm really enjoying it.  But yeah, it takes time.   More time than one normally spends to grow one's stash. 

I know that some are saying that I'm wasting time and energy, but I enjoy experimenting, and I am really impressed by the versatility of this plant, not just in its survivability, but also in its many uses.

Examples: For anyone who may not already be familiar, you will be pleasantly surprised about Hemp's versatility if you do a bit of Youtube research on the following subjects:

-     little girl named Charlotte, her affliction and the strain called Charlotte's Web

-     the life, the transformation and the activism of the man named Jack Herer.

-     his book called "The Emperor Wears No Clothes"

-     the potential of Hemp as a building material, paper, plastics, fuel, food, clothing, medicine

No wonder it was made illegal.  It was made illegal by an industrial/governmental conglomerate in order strengthen their market position by doing many things with a single stroke of conspiracy with the lawmakers of the time.  The results were many-fold: 

The government was able to have an excuse to require a greater budget for the newly-formed enforcement agencies.  Dupont and a host of other businesses (plastics, mineral oil companies, steel, forest-products, certain food companies, etc.) benefited from destroying a competitor-industry whose products had already proven a wide-versatility. 

Elimination of hemp oil from the market contributed to the rise of oil prices, enabling the giant oil concerns to broaden and deepen and tighten their energy-grip on the world's resources and distribution. 

Elimination of hemp paper contributed to the widened logging practices which continue even today to rob future generations of forests throughout the world. 

Elimination of US hemp from the ropemaking-, clothing-, materials- industries contributed to the rise of synthetic materials industries, although that would have certainly forged ahead anyway, but now we no longer have many wonderful products made from the superior hemp fiber (That list is too long to begin listing here). 

Eliminating hemp oil from foods means that people are no longer receiving the natural cannabinoids that mankind had been receiving for thousands of years; we did evolve with this plant among us.  No wonder we are now being afflicted with increasing statistics of autism, MS, Alzheimers, Parkinsons, allergies, various neurologic conditions (Bipolar), etc.  Our society has been denied a vital component of our natural defences. 

So today, we have fracking to satisfy our insatiable thirst for mineral oil. 

Today we have millions addicted to pharmaceutical poisons, and we are paying that system for those synthetics in order that we can endure the conditions resulting from that lifestyle.  Stress at work, polluted air, water, land.  And we have overzealous police forces who act as if they are the masters of the populace. 

The destruction of the hemp industry enabled those conspirators to increase their profits from their synthetic-based (and entry-barriered) industries, while condemning the former hemp-industry farmers/workers and the associated hemp materials industries workers and their descendants to lives of pollution, pharmaceutical and food-based poisoning and capitalistic enslavement.

• Like 3

08 Jan 2016

I set both KK2AH (at 35 days agter germination) and KK1PF (at 65 DAYS! after its germination!) into their lava rock / Ton ball pots. Image000.jpg

Image001.jpg

Image002.jpg

Image003.jpg

Image004.jpg

Image005.jpgImage006.jpg

The three remaining clones are still surviving, although one of them is struggling now.Image007.jpg

I replaced both reservoirs solutions:

Advanced Hydroponics Reservoir:  11 Liters rainwater plus 11ml 1-Grow, 6ml 2-Bloom, 6ml 3-Micro, 10ml Root Stimulator, 10ml Enzymes+.

Powderfeeding Reservoir:  11 Literrs rainwater plus 11g Green House Short-flowering Powderfeed

...and that was the last of my stored rainwater.  From now on I shall use straight city water, without any filtering or softening.  I know that this will increase the Calcium content for future mixes of the nutrient solutions.

• Like 2

Cloning conditions...Image022.jpg

Image023.jpg

Image024.jpg

Woohoo!!

One of the clones GHK3-S1 has sprouted roots.  So, I planted it in its first clone coffee cup.Image026.jpg

Image027.jpgImage028.jpg

Image029.jpg

Image035.jpg

Image036.jpg

Image037.jpg

Another clone GHK4-1 hasn't sprouted roots, but rather its stem has rotted away below the foam plug.  So, I planted what remains of the cutting into its first clone coffee cup.  This will be its last chance.  Make roots NOW or die!Image030.jpg

Image031.jpg

Image033.jpg

Image034.jpg

The clone GHK1-S1 hasn't sprouted roots, but it hasn't lost its stem, nor does it look to be stressed, so I will simply leave it in place on the bubble cloner for a while longer.

And... it has been 5 days since the last reservoir change.  Each reservoir started with 11 Liters, and the ladies have been sucking it up, as well as the evaporation.  Each reservoir has only 5 Liters, so I added 11 Liters of unfiltered/unsoftened city water to each reservoir.  This water contains much more dissolved calcium than the rainwater, so we'll watch for the response in the plants.

By the way, the use of these perforated clear plastic cups to cover the clones has significantly improved their stress levels.  I'm sorry that I had not used them before.  Maybe I could have saved GHK2-S1.  Oh well...

• Like 4

Buenas tio todo sige su curso, que pena lo de los esquejes sacados pero almenos algunas exaron raiz yi soy de los que utilizan la tierra para enraizado pero ay una técnica que es muy buena y es la del acodo aero es de cojer la rama sin sacarla de la planta y acer todo el proceso sin cortarla de la planta y asi no sufre el estres.

inbpkn.jpg

Aque te dejo una foto y lo verá mas claro

Good guy all sige course , that shame about the cuttings removed but at least a few root exaron yi I am among those who use the land for rooted but alas a technique that is very good and is the layering aero is grab the branch without removing acer plant and the whole process without cutting of the plant and so does not suffer stress.

• Like 3

Aha Arrankeddj,

That is a  really neat trick. 

I had performed a similar method on Azaleas before, with success.  Although for the Azalea, I didn't use a plastic bag.  I simply buried 4 or 5 branches into the ground around the plant, and it works!

I haven't used that technique on cannabis before, but now that you have sparked my memory, I now want to try your method on my cannabis plants the next time I decide to take some non-symmetric clones.

Thanks for the reminder.  I cannot wait...

• Like 2

Me alegra saber de que te he despertado el recuerdo ya saber comañero eatamo aqui para ayudarnos entre unos y otros hoy por ti y mañana por mi.

Saludos y suerte.

Arrankeddj

Glad to know that you have awakened the memory and know eatamo comañero here to help one another today for you tomorrow for me.

Greetings and luck.

Arrankeddj

• Like 2

R.I.P. clone GHK4-S1

I didn't expect it to recover.  So, as is normal for MY bubble cloner and MY solutions and methods, I have a consistent 50% cloning success rate.  But I'm not disappointed.  My space limitations prevent me from creating a Cannabis-Army anyway.  Besides, too many plants in a tight space could lead to infestations of spider-mites or mold.  Don't want that... Image025.jpg

Image026.jpg

But at least clones GHK1-S1 and GHK3-S1 are doing well.  I forgot to make pictures of the roots, but clone GHK1-S1 developed a nice array of roots, so I planted her in her coffee cup of soil.

The central growth node of GHK3-S1 has now begun to expand and shoot out new leaf-tips, so I am sure that she will thrive.

The rest of the GreenHouse Kush plants 1, 2, 3, and 4 (the original seedlings) have all recovered from their heavy LST.  Now I am beginning to again heavily LST the top two dual branches of each GHK plant downward, in hopes that the lower branches of each plant will soon take the lead.

The two Kaia Kush specimens KK1PF annd KK2AH are growing rapidly now, forcing me to adjust the height of the lamps for them.  They are now nearing their time to be topped.   I shall attempt to clone their central tops as well.

My ladies are in fact getting very fat and round.  And I will very soon have a space problem.

I'll post pictures of all the healthy ladies later.  But for now, say bye-bye to clone GHK4-S1.

• Like 2

Very nice homemade system bro...I really appreciate his work, as well as all the plants have a healthy appearance.
Excellent technique cuttings with aloe vera .. never tried with her, I used an extract from willow branches, and I got the same result, there are many plants in nature that serve these applications.
good fun to continue  ;)

• Like 3

No sabia que la aloe vera sebia para enraizar.

Gracias por la información y estas en un buen mometo las G.H.Kush.

Saludos y suerte.

Arrankeddj

I did not know that aloe vera sebia to root .

Thanks for the information and are in a good mometo the GHKush .

Greetings and luck.

Arrankeddj

• Like 3

So far all my attempts with raising clones failed. So I am grateful for this detailled info. Did you really cut off the tops of the plants for the cuttings ? It looks like that. I usually picked new srttems, that will turn into buds in flower and tried to grow them directly in Eazy Plugs etc.

Never satisfied with the clone gel  you can order over here I came across Urrban Remo's new nutrient line and from watching various youTube videos that stuff seems to do excellent. I am not interested in the complete line up for 234 Euros but the Clone Gel looks superb and is said to improve the time it takes from cuttings to full root development from 2 weeks plus to about 1 week (and with more roots). Anyway.

I will try that out next month, when it is time to do some fresh cuttings.

The stuff is available online from Holland 2 ounces= 60 gram of a dense blue gel 8not just some liquid) for 23,41 with free shipping inside europe. Plus you can pay via paypal.

In case you are interested.

Here is a link for Europe.. Headquarter is in Canada - this is for all of europe - http://www.kmctrading.com/RemoNutrients.htm

REMO's ROOTS - 56 gram - 21,43 Euro

https://www.kmc-trading-europe.com/home/39-remo-s-roots-56g-2oz.html

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info, photos and reviews. They look great :)

About clones, I guess everyone has their style. I started years ago with gel, powder, etc ... in short: hormones roots. But long ago I do not use anything, just rock wool and a greenhouse. In 15 days all clones have roots, is just give them a little white light, high humidity and very quiet (not move).

Greetings and good luck!

• Like 2

What's neat is, as your plantation grows, suddenly there are so many clone-donors available, that things begin to become numerous...

@Bam-Bhole, I looked-up that cloning gel from Remo.  Your pricing quote is ~right on the mark.  The problem is that Remo imposes a minimum dollar amount per order, which makes it so that one cannot order the gel without ordering a whole bunch of other products that one didn't plan on buying (or that starter kit) in order to meet the minimum.  That turned me off to his products.

Maybe later.

• Like 1