Indos Autos and Photos

IndoChronic

Damn,  too much heat and moisture usually attracts them.

Once it looks like that I doubt there is a cure but to kill'em all, plants and pest by chlorine and 7-10 days EMPTY room without any plant material in there, if possible cool it down as much as you can to freeze the eggs to death.

Buy Neem oil, spray every f. corner, lights, switches, etc etc... and wait 5-10 days before putting plants in again.

It is not uncommon to not get rid off mites. A friend had them 6 month until he emptied & cleaned the room for 2 weeks.

They can be really nasty

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Had to do just that with the flower tent. I couldnt bring myself to throw the plants out so i just but them outside and the new growth on them is looking good. Im thing about repotting them into the ground outside since them need repotting but it abit dodgy, they could just take of growing and smell abit to much. I got rosemary extract in a 10ml small bottle and put 1ml to a half litre for spraying and the plants seemed fine with it. I could see some dead black mites but there were stil other crawling even after a good spray.

Anyway some new seeds Candy Kush, CBD strain, and 3 Think Diffrent auto. And the candy kush i noticed first had 2 tap roots ...? iv never seen this before and was thinking its a magic seed or something haha. then i noticed one of the T.Ds had 2 taps aswell ??? so strange :)

THE CANDY KUSH DOUBLE TAP ROOT20160510_125304.jpg20160510_125339.jpg

20160510_125320.jpg

AND THE THINK DIF. DOUBLE

20160510_125614.jpg20160510_125628.jpg

there is a couple STIILL on just one plant tho :( my Rose mary mix didnt seem to work, maby i should make a stronger one with added stuff with the rosemary.

iv a mint plant that im gona make a  juice from the leaves and add that with the rosemary hope it helps :D

• 3 weeks later...

some pics of the new babies with small problems.. over watering and im not sure about the wrinkled leaves and the curling. also the mite are building up again in the hydro tent, i spray with a rosemary mix almost everyday when light are off for 12h. im gona make a stong fresh bit and keep sprsying from tomorrow to

20160603_194245.jpg

20160603_194346.jpg

20160603_194427.jpg

20160603_194445.jpg

20160603_194508.jpg

20160603_194522.jpg

20160603_194534.jpg

20160604_014205.jpg

20160604_014529.jpg

20160604_014608.jpg

20160604_015154.jpg

20160604_015218.jpg

20160603_194600.jpg

Indo...

I have the same spider mites BS in my flowering ladies...home made disaster as we didnt steer against early in time...and now its too late to fix.

What I did to minimize the damage is take out ALL of the lower 50% -2/3 of your plant where no buds of usuable size are but lots of mites down low.

Cut it all out and thus get rid off 80% of your mites maybe.  

Thin out the top colas, take heavy infested leaves off but give more air and light to the plant...will also drive the mites away if too bright, hot and dry.

From there on...we all just hope we get it done as we dont spray neem or such 3 weeks before harvest, under no circumstances I would !!!!!!

The error was my own lazyness...very simple..no guilt to search elsewhere...you pay for what you dont do  pretty quickly in CannaBiz

Despite my infestion, I have exceptional buds in quantity and size on those remaining ladies ( JH,EC,MM,BK,PK,KT..all GHSC seeds ) thanks

to good light, good coco & ewc/guano/dollime mix and having them trimmed so they boost it all up to the highest 1/3 where the main colas are. the lower 2/3 are taken off and naked legs :)

The biggest is a BubbaKush with a Bud beyond a coke can diameter, ultra rock hard, sheer uncompressable, and already almost 20cm long....3-4 weeks still to go.

Never seen such a bud in all my grows , never ever..neither ID nor OD.  So mites do not nec. mean your grow is lost...heck NO...keep on fighting and WINNING !!!

Fim

• Like 1

Mites like dry conditions.  If you had allowed your flower tent to remain too dry during flower development, that could be a cause.  (In my Flower tent, I have scheduled 3 x 30-Minute periods (coincides with 3x15-Minute Ebb-N-Flow feedings plus a 15-minute delay before exhaust is again ON) during the lights-on time each day whereby the exhaust ventilation is shut-off.)  During those periods, the humidity rises from ~45% up to 75-80%.  When the ventilation returns, the humidity drops again.  This sharp rise and fall of humidity 3-times daily has totally eliminated all my infestation problems for 2 years running (knock-on-wood).

Mites also like lots of places to spread to and to hide.  Therefore FIM's suggestion to thin-out the lower parts of the branches is right on.

I use Neem Oil in the Vegg tent as prophylaxis to prevent infestations in the first place.  Then during the transfer from Vegg to Flower, I do a good clean-up and thin-out and spray with Neem Oil before the plants go into Flower tent.  If I see any gnats or other crawling infestation during early flowering stage, Neem Oil again.  But once the flowers have begun developing, no more chemicals.

If you can get to your farmers co-op, you might be able to buy a box of lady-bugs.  They will hunt and eat the mites.  If you don't have a farmers co-op, then go into a field with apple or cherry trees.  Right now, at this season, they are filled with lady-bugs hungry for aphids and mites.  Use a Mason Jar or Bell jar in which you have made a small hole large enough for you to put the bugs in without injuring them and a bunch of smaller holes for air.  See if you can catch 20 or 30 lady-bugs.  Hold your thumb over the hole to close it while you hunt.  Bring the jar full of lady-bugs home and open it in the tent under the plants.  If you are lucky, some of them will mate and lay eggs in your basement or attic, and you'll have your own brood for next year.  From time to time hang a small rag or towel over a bowl of water in the grow area so that they have a source of water and won't try constantly to fly away seeking water.  Similar measures can be performed for small hunting wasps.  Also, you can buy in the stores little bug hotels to encourage populations of lady-bugs and huning wasps in your garden for the coming years.

Have fun.

• Like 2

Oh, I must have been wrong then assuming mites like it rather humid and dont like the dry end of the range. 

Since we have severe rain for the last 3+ weeks humidity was over 70 for more than 2 weeks constantly and now slowly drops into the 60's range

I must have been lucky then even so I thought it's vice versa.

It's hard to say how the mites do, the buds look great and big so there seems to be now damage at all but ask me when it's done, you never know ;)

Dont the lady bugs fly into the hps bulbs pretty quick indoors ??  I know that OD you can have some sunflowers along with your weed to attract them

and thus stay away from chemicals ( Natural Spirit Tobacco claims to do it that way, organic ). I dont know if the wasp works indoors, aka flies into the hps.

Any idea ?

• Like 1

FIM: Yea it really is BS,  i did get rid of some leafs before floweringing(but not enough). I did the same today and got rid of some natural dying leafes and badly effected ones   so theres abit more air all around.  Iv had a fan on 24/7 the past couple weeks, and theyve been growing more and more. So the fans going off lights off too.

Also sprying them with more rosemary water just to help. its hard to tell if they like humid or not the plants i have now are under led and in a drip system, and i think the humidity is between 70-90H lights off. abit high for flowering. But last grow i had some mites in soil plants and i trid keeping the H low 40% -55%H .

C.S:  Il be doing a fimming on the next plants, to help prevent the mites and get rid of the smaller buds. Iv been looking for some neem oil to try with the rose mary even Iv heard theat works good . AS for lady bugs iv looked for some in stores but no luck, so if i  see them outi throw them in the tent. Iv onnly ever put 2 or 3 at a time in since i cant find them that often, but putting some water out for them is a good idea they never seem to stay on the plants .

The best i can do now is just to continue what im doing and if there loads still around at the end, worst comes to worst il just do a bud wash

Cheers :) 

some update. mights are still going Tones Now under nearly every leaf, so even tho i know im not gonna completely get rid of them this grow. Im just gonna keep killing them every way possible and as much as possible too. Its very humid the past months couse of the drip system and comming into summer its getting hotter.  So theyy musent mind the little bit of heat and humidity :/

This is the time of year i always seem to get mights at least one grow a summer. Thats something i need to fix :)

20160621_013656.jpg20160621_013758.jpg20160621_013816.jpg20160621_013829.jpg20160621_013936.jpg20160621_013952.jpg

And a close up of the problem leafs. I havnet watered them in nearly over a week because the pots are quite heavy compaired to the others the same size. So it could be to much water, or lack of (N) so next watering im gonna feed with 1.0 EC. when there lighter. They dont seem to be looking for water either, no droopy leaves or the likes.

20160619_230037.jpg20160619_230109.jpg

Not 100% happy about this turn out again, even tho i said it for the last one aswell this one seems abit more of a loss. Apart for the mites in hydro thoes are doing great, ill be doing a grow in hydro for seed if i can next time around :)

and just a cool random shot i got of the led light leaking out of the tent like this

20160616_225020.jpg

• Like 1