worst coco grower in the world please help major problems!!!

smoke2470

hi guys really appreciate help and if arjan or franco could give any help would really appreciate it, if they are arouondbut any help would really be appreciated from any coco grower who knows what they talking about..

600w hps canna coco a and b rhizotonic

canna coco

ph 5.8

feeding everyday

I was advised on other forums to feed everyday in coco keeping medium wet at all times.. but I am getting nothing but problems, tips are curlingand I was told by grow shops I was over feeding, so I gave them canna flush, which brought runoff ec to 0.5

so I started feeding with a 0.5ec solution, which consists of 5ml calmag, 6ml a and b ec 0.5

iv fed that twice now the runoff is 0.3

but my tips are still pointing down, do you think it could be overwatering, as im really unsure if it nitrogen toxicity, anyone help, im more than happy to put pics up

this is my last resort, I really don't want to have to cut them up, I need professional advice thanks

• Like 2

alright mate thanks for the reply, they were on 0.6ec feeding everyday, runoff was coming out at 0.6-0.8ec

I was getting holes in leaves, no bugs, and rust spots, I was told calcium deficiency

so I sprayed them with calmag which was a bit to much for them I think, leaves twisted a little.

I foned the local grow shop told them tips were pointing down, they said I was over feeding, so I gave canna flush,

then a straight water, ec came out 0.5

so I started feeding 5ml calmag and canna a and b 6 ml ec came out to 0.5 fed that twice, ec went down to 0.3

so I thought good they are feeding, but the tips were still curling pointing down like..

im really starting to think it could be something else other than nitrogen tox..

10 plants big Buddha cheese

10l pots with canna coco and perlite, and 2 inch layer of clay pebbles at the bottom

temps 22-27 humidity 40-60 mostly 50-55%

they have got bit of a mag deficiency so I sprayed them with Epsom salts tonight, so when they come back on in morning

ill put some pics up for you, I thought over watering but overwatering usually the whole leaf droops don't it?

the leaves are still flat but the very tips point down.. im at a loss iv tried absolutely everything, from feeding everyday lowering highering ec

nothing just seems to be working, they are still growing slightly but not how they should be..

leafs that curl down and look dark green indicate Nitrogen toxicity, the canna nutrients are really strong at there recommended feedings also

and when over watering leaf gets completely limp and the stems too, with N tox you will just see the clawing on leaf blades

try to keep your normal feeding in the 1.0ec range  0.9-1.2~ or so, cannabis is not high EC plant at all its low-medium to medium feeder but most nutrient sellers recommend toxic doses

oh yeah you dont want your coco allways totally wet that is a bit wrong info you must let it dry out a bit between feeding, you dont want to let it go really dry either but you still want the wet/dry cycle  i water after it looses maybe 50% of weight that is usually every second day but it changes during the plant lifetime

these are on 6ml a and b canna and 5 ml calmag, I really cant see it being n tox.. I just dunno what to do..

im letting them dry out now to rule out over watering, if you look at the pics without flash they look really dry, some leaves feel really firm,

im thinking underfeeding and phosphorus deficiency but awilling to here anyones opinion..

now stop watering with anything for two or three days. let the pots dry at least 50% or half the current weight. your plants are great, to me a bit underfed. raise your EC to 1.2 and water every two days. later in flower add some P and K till 1.5-1.6EC and flush the last two weeks. but don't water every day. let the leaves tell you, pointing up-great time, pointing down-overfed(overwatered) or just right, means don't water again.

all in all nice grow, clean and white, good work

• Like 1

tap water 0.0ec that's what levente said to do 1.2 ec that's what I will try next, their gona take a few days to dry out

tho because been feeding everyday.. let em recover a bit then il hit them with higher ec.. thanks for your input guys,

really do appreciate it been losing sleep over this..

Those plants look great. Your temps and humidity are perfect. Could bump up your ppm a bit. Other wise they look happy to me.. Here are some Jack Here I have in flower week 4. Dwc 600w hps. Lucas 5/10 feeding program with Dimond Nectar, Kool Bloom, flora Nectar, Floralicious plus.. 1400 ppm at .7 Hanna conversion. 5.8 ph . Day temps are 78-80 night temps 71-75. I struggle with humidity it sits at 35%

post-36277-0-48711500-1454481255.jpg

post-36277-0-04730300-1454481301.jpg

Yeah, same as the two guys before, dont overdo anything as the dont look bad at all, not 100% perfect but hell, I have seen a lot worse with people having less concerns that theirs goes south..LoL.

I havent used Canna in decades but stick to the labels and dosis on the bottle, rather less than more as rule of thumb.

In coco you have to feed with each and every watering until the final flush and water-only period comes. Coco is almost inert and has nothing for the plant to offer, so you really have to

have a proper nutrient(s) and secondary nutrients so you give it all.

Coco has some advantages but it also has drawbacks, depending on perspective. Your water-cycle will be faster in same potsize compared to soil, this is good and bad, depending on

your personal sitiuation. YOu need to work more but your plants get more oxygen through the roots and you have more options in general. The complete opposite is a pot that only needs watering every 7-9 days. That is easy works but only leaves a few cycles to work with, totally different game with salt based fert that needs a flushing that also fits in time etc..

In coco, usually, you have to water every other day as it is a faster medium than earth in general. 20L coco may go 3 days, 30L may 4-5 max..also HEAVILY depending on how much

wattage you hammer down from above, humidity and temperature and last not least strain of choice, week number...veg or flower  etc...  endless.

The key is to let AIR go through the pot...which happens AFTER you have completely saturated it with water/solution and the water slowly drips out, gets sucked up or evaporates, any

volume released is filled by freshly sucked in air....good for your roots...and the root is the key to a nice plant. Mess it up there and you already lost the game before it started !

Lift them, judge them by weight and water or don't water according to the felt weight. Educate your roots !  Dont let them get lazy :)

* The last guy I visited had 10L pots, soil, Canna fertilizer AND NO HOLES IN THE POTS !!!   Now go figure what that looked like !  ...and how it tastes !!!!!

...he also watered 1L every day, always with fertilizer,   still...he had some good weed that "ONLY" had a side taste for fertilizer and spider mites etc...  

Your's looks 10x better, just relax and obey the golden rule of watering pots...wait until they are light !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...and then, water until 20% of what you put in runs out as run-off !!!

Fim

• Like 3

I agree with Grimreaper. I think they look great. Usually a severe problem shows itself a lot more and the old growth sometimes doesn't recover, only the new growth responds.

After growing with pure organic soil and nutrient amendments, inert mediums with nutrient solutions, pure aeroponic spray and just about everything in between, the greater the benefits of using a technique that may yield the most, the greater the possibility of error and failure. A really good organic soil mix with all the right ingredients can be as simple as just adding water and nutrient wise, you can't go wrong. You can dial a system fed with only the solution and out produce using soil but not only do you have to dial it in, it can differ from strain to strain and any mistake could mean total catastrophe. IMO the difference in yields don't justify the risk and time it takes to reduce the risk, so go organic soil and just grow another plant or the existing ones a little bigger to get the same yield and taste is usually preferred.

I know it doesn't answer your question and may not be what you wanted to hear but I always advise the people I help that if they are not prepared to deal with the stress and failures that can come along with the learning when it comes to pure nutrient solutions techniques, than go with the system that you think you can handle when it comes to your risk and stress levels. Kind of like investing. Don't go for the longer higher risk bet unless you are prepared to take the possibly bigger loss. 

Good luck and hope it all works out for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so... are you using 50/50 cocoa/perlite mix? Are you hand watering from above?

Now - What size are your pots? And how many Litres are you feeding them each day?

DO you have an out-take fan?

With the nutrients you are using - Is pretty much 'paint by numbers' - just give the correct dosage and do not over feed... 

If feeding from top by hand - make sure the top soil is dry before further feeding.... Dont let your plants feel settled or they will just think - 'Yah I need to do nothing and this fool keeps giving me biscuits' - Make that bitch work for you... Dont feed her for couple of days then be nice to her again

• 1 month later...

I expect that by now, these girls are in flowering.  Do you have any update pictures?

I saw nothing in particular to worry about in the previous pictures.  A little clawing, but that comes and goes 2 or 3 times in my grows too.  What really counts is that through crisis we learn lessons, and when improving our grow-techniks, we avoid the previous mistakes and reach for ever better methods/mixtures/controls/automation.

Above was mentioned the word "dial-in".  I enjoy the use of timers.  Even for soil grows, I have used timers with success.  For soil/coco mediums, one can use the weekly-timer (instead of the daily timer).  This allows one to dial-in 3, 2 or 1 times per week (instead of the minimum of 1 every day with daily timers).  I use a 5-Dripper-Ring pumped with a small waterpump (often used with water-play fountains).  The reservoir should be of sufficient volume that the run-off from the plant's medium can dilute rather well into the volume of nutrient solution.  In flowering, I mix batches of nutrient solutions of 35-Liters for 3 plants.  I call this hybrid-configuration "Hydro-Soil".  That volume-to-plant-ratio works well for me.  Usually, the solution is consumed/evaporated, nearly down to the pump/(noise)-minimum level, at which time I could dispose-and-remix; but I usually simply re-fill the reservoir with ~30-Liters rainwater or city water, adjust pH, add just enough nutrients to bump the EC only half the way to the target EC.

I agree, allowing the pots to dry-out somewhat is beneficial for cannabis.  In light soil, I usually wait each time until the leaves have "just begun" to wilt before the next watering/feeding.  Sometimes I catch it a bit early, sometimes a bit late.  But Cannabis is amazing in how it can re-hydrate itself, even with leaves that looked like they had no chance. 

In my journal "Deer-forced Clones", one of my Northern Light plants had dried to a point to where it had to drop most of its fan leaves because of an excessively long dry period.  After returning to the normal watering and feeding regimen, the new-growth (which sprang back from only a few growth tips and numerous surviving nodes) performed well and produced nice buds during flowering.

Stay with us Smoke2470.  Show us some more...

You can post your comments in our threads, too.

• 3 months later...

They wet!!! Coco is NOTORIUS for it. Ive had it ruin entire crops. Worst shit in the world in my opinion to use as a medium. Hate it with a passion cause of the time , energy, and money it wasted me. Let em dry out and be careful going forward how much you give them. Only give small amount and let it feed and dry out again. Then, get rid of Coco, its shit.  Dont think even ONE commercial size grower here in Canada is using that shit. Its garbage. Cant say it enough. And, if people dont think the commercial guys here in Canada are on their game, think again and book a trip to Canada. lololaphria-marijuana.jpeg?quality=55&strip=a

• Like 2