Delete

Joe From Kokomo

That soil seems very similar to Miracle Grow and will actually do ok for vegetative growth, especially for 4 weeks.

As far as brand of nutrients, there are many that will work and without naming them all and having a lot of good exeperience with Fox Farm products, I'd say they would be an excellent choice. Plus it's organic and I'm an organic guy.

The recommended mixtures they use in in conjunction with their soils which are considered pretty "hot" with a lot more nutrients that are readily available but also run out fast. The soil you are using probably has nutrients that release a little slower but overall less(by %) so I would use a little less than they recommend for their grow nutrients and than the full amount they recommend when you flower.

In the future, if you want to make things really easy and only have to ad water to your pots from start to finish, use that soil as a base and mix the following in. These numbers are based on 4 cubic feet of soil which is 29 gallons or around 113 liters. You can adjust by half, a quarter or multiply for whatever your needs are. All natural organic, stupid proof and you will only have to add just water and really won't even need to adjust ph although I recommend if it is 8.0 or more and even then, I have never seen this fail.

6 cups Bone Meal
4 cups Blood Meal
4 cups kelp meal
3 cups Dolomite Lime
1 1/2 cups Epsom salt
1 small bag Worm Castings
1 bag Perlite
3 tbsp Soluble Seaweed extract

Ingredients are fine a need to be mixed very well. A composting drum or cement mixer is perfect to mix and the latter can be rented for $20 a day.

• Like 1