NEW GROW SOON BUT WHAT STRAIN ?

ClosetGrower

Hi All, im going to be starting a new garden soon and need a bit of advice as too what strain to start with,it has to be mainly an indica as very short on space as using a small closet so also needs to be as short plant as possible, im in the process of just finishing of painting  the closet a matt white,very very difficult painting over veneer.

The plant can be auto or photoperiod not really mivered as have a scrog net available, i will also be trying a bit of LST, i have everything ready to go just need some help on choosing a strain for a beginner .

Cheers

I have been looking a at few different plants but the choice list is getting bigger as when i research about 1 strain another tends to pop up and i start researching a different one so many to choose from but not all beginner friendly, just need abit of grower knowledge help from the kind strainhunter members

Just picked up my Beans, they are Big Bang auto hopefully should do well with these I'm going to get all 3 and choose the best 2 to keep growing.

Also strainhunters I received a free auto diesel x auto blueberry from breeder Spanish seeds, I'm finding it very difficult to gather any info on this particular strain, is there anyone who has grew this before or has any info on it, would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Hey there Closet grower, the info iis in the name Blueberry for example speaks to me like DJ Short Blueberry, a really good medical grade Indica, the diesel would likely be a generic diesel type plant with a fuel like smell, research diesel, and one of the relatives of diesel is Chemdawg. Honestly though if they are Auto Freebies they are likely generic Genotypes of the suggested Diesel or Blueberry.

If you are in a closet I would keep the veg time short, (what are the dimensions of your closet) The longer the veg the larger the plant. Grow the Big bang to 2/3 the size you want it to be and then flower the last third will be the stretch. Give her some extra calcium during the stretch this will help with cellular development and prevent the plant from cannibalizing the lower fan leaves to soon in the flower phase.

Do lots of reading of the various grow journals and various cannabis literature and you will do fine.

And very important not to love to much, I have killed a lot of plants early in my growing career by loving them to much.

Cheers :)

Cheers for the Reply sativa dragon & thanks for the info, how would I go about adding extra calcium as I'm going to be growing organic using the biobizz range so wont be using chemical cal/mag, was going down the route if dolomite lime but have not the slightest clue in how much to add.

• Like 1

Cheers for the Reply sativa dragon & thanks for the info, how would I go about adding extra calcium as I'm going to be growing organic using the biobizz range so wont be using chemical cal/mag, was going down the route if dolomite lime but have not the slightest clue in how much to add.

Organic calcium can be made from eggshells, roast them for a bit and then add some apple cider vinegar you will see it bubbling. One the acid in the vinegar breaks down most of the egg shells you can strain the liquid and use it as PH down, or you can mix it with water and add PH up to the desired PH and water with it.

• Like 1

Also just silicon sealed it all in, now to make a diy filter or do you think filling the top section with air fresheners would work

I wouldn't use air fresheners it will wash out the natural smells that you will want to enjoy while your growing, it is part of the experience, go with the Filter, and if there is any detectable smells deal with them as they arise, I would use air fresheners by doorways and naturally drafty areas if need be.

If you want to know where air is escaping from your room or any other place in the house you can light a incense stick and hold it near gaps in doors windows etc.. see where the smoke goes and put air freshners there.

Cheers SD

• 2 months later...