100% pure organic soil mix recipe's

I talked about organic soil mixes in some of my other posts where I said I would post some mix recipes, so here they are. These mixes are specifically designed to have all the necessary ingredients in the mix to provide all the necessary nutrients, not only for the plant but for the actual soil mix itself to get all the fungi, bacteria and everything else needed for the bio-reactive process to occur in conjunction with the plants roots, which work similar to our stomachs by secreting enzymes and chemicals to help break down the "food".

I am listing a couple of mixes, one is a variety that I made and the other is very similar using different ingredients that break down slower. You can mix and use my recipe immediately as the ingredients are more readily available to the plant than the second, which requires(or is recommended) composting before it's use. The second recipe is used by a very well known grower and breeder, T.G.A. Subcool, a member of the High Times Hall of Fame.

Both mixes are designed so that all you have to do is add water throughout the entire grow cycle, no matter the length. These mixes have enough ingredients to last long enough that it is highly recommended you compost and reuse it a second time, but the decision to do that can be up to you depending on your ability to compost or you would just rather spend more money on a fresh mix everytime to be absolutely sure you don't have any problems. Although not required, using a low PPM(such as RO), ph adjusted water is always best but there are ingredients in the mix specifically to combat any water problems so it isn't necessary.

My recipe;

4.0 cu. ft. of any good quality basic organic potting soil mixad. I personally use the 3.8 cu. ft. Promix bails.
6 cups Bone Meal
4 cups Blood Meal
4 cups kelp meal
3 cups Dolomite Lime
1 1/2 cups Epsom salt
1 small bag Worm Castings
1 bag Perlite

Then you can add one or all of the following optional ingredients from either group. You can also use any similar product if these are not available in your area;

6 tbsp. Plant Success Granular
3 tbsp Soluble Seaweed extract 
3 tbsp Rare Earth
or my new personal preference;
3 tbsp each of Roots Organics Uprising Grow, Foundation and Bloom. 

Here is T.G.A.'s recipe;

8 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
25 to 50 lbs of organic worm castings
5 lbs steamed bone meal
5 lbs Bloom bat guano
5 lbs blood meal
3 lbs rock phosphate
¾ cup Epson salts
½ cup sweet lime (dolomite)
½ cup azomite (trace elements)
2 tbsp powdered humic acid

These recipes are as good if not better than anything you can buy and at less than half the price, which is it's main advantage over other mixes. A lot of the ingredients are very fine and it's very important they are mixed very well, so I recommend using a composting drum or renting a cement mixer, which is only around $30 a day to rent to mix all the ingredients in.

If you notice, I use perlite to aerate the soil and T.G.A., as well as others use coco. What you use and the amount you use is up to you based on personal preference and how often you want to water. I personally have used both individually and combined and I also add additional perlite for more aeration and frequent waterings. With my mix I can get yields within 85% of the best hydro method I've compared it to.

Just water them and there is basically nothing you can do to fail or not have great identical harvests every time no matter the strain. No flushing required and I guarantee some of the best smelling, tasting flowers you have ever grown. If you ask most of the winners of any Cannabis Cup, including T.G.A., their entry was grown organically in a mix similar to these.

• Like 1