Big Tooth grow on balcony

Etrius

Hello Strain hunters, this is my first grow in many many years.
i live in Santiago, Chile where the policies are just begining to bend over to cannabis legalization. So, in the fact that i don't own an Indoor neither a house (i live in an apartment) i choose to grow in my little balcony knowing that i can be catch, taking some little safety mesures like making a very DIY scrog for my two little ladies.

I have to mention that this grow was VERY difficult, because i leave in an area where lots of horses are stored near my place, that mean a lot of flies over here. the plants suffered from three and maybe four different plagues; first was the fungus gnats that came with the soil, then leafminer flies, then caterpillar from the moths, then some spidermites and finally one of those plagues infected the ladies with the Mosaic tobacco virus, also to mention that was one time when accidentally a black fabric came on top of one of the plants during day causing several burn to some of the youngest leaves.

it sound very frustrating and exhausting fighting against all this little monsters no? but im here to tell you that the power of landraces is mighty against all odds!
The ladies endured all this plagues and the MTV. i belive that Big Tooth is one of the hardest to beat strains in the Strain Hunters seeds, because now im in week 7 (finishing) and the ladies are showing some great flowers and smells in my balcony, there is only 4-5 hours of direct sun to the plants but i think this is great for this conditions.

here are some pics from the begining of the week 4 of flowering till now.

1feb1

1feb6

1feb2

then 10 days after and with some love the buds grows

11feb1

11feb2

11feb6

This is how i located and trained the plants for better security

11feb4

Then a week later

15feb0

15feb1

15feb2

15feb4

15feb5

then some more days of flowering

19feb5

19feb4

19feb2

and from the begining of week 7 of flowering, even some lower buds are taking shape

27feb2

27feb3

27feb5

27feb6

so i wanna share this kind of miracle with you guys, i'll update with more photos next week!

• Like 1

You got big Cahonas that dare to grow on your balcony! Respect.
I do know what you are talking about when you write about horses and flies. I used to grow outdoors with soil made from horse shit. Actually the soil was awesome but it had so many flies and bugs in that i had to fight them on a daily basis.
Your plants look like they are in a good shape. 
I have to ask, are you not afraid that your neighbors will smell the Cannabis and call the cops?
And what would happen if the cops would "bust" you and take your plants? 

At first i was a little bit concerned about the cops and my neighbors, but i think that past this point they no longer care about my plants and me, they saw me many times feeding and taking care of the girls and i think they know im not a drug dealer or any kind of criminal, im just a photographer who like to smoke cannabis. despite of that, i currently live with my mother and she suffers of fibromyalgia so in a hope of making some medicine for her i need the plants. in the case of a bust that would be one of the main reasons to defend me. 

im no longer afraid of a cop raid, because many cops live in this building, i guess more than one know i have my plants and like a said before, the politics of cannabis regulation are being discused in this very moment so the decriminalization of the grow soon (i hope this year) will be a fact. 

hope that answer your question dear Tokage! 

Peace!

• Like 1

Hello Strainhunters! now im finishing week 8, the ladies are begining to mature so i think that in a week or two they will be ready for harvest. recently i've discovered a plague of aphids in one of the plants! but the plant is though and it resist the sap sucking little bugs, ive cutted some of the most affected leaves for control spreading.

here are some samples of the begining of the week

MG 3313

MG 3314

MG 3316

MG 3319

MG 3321

MG 3324

MG 3327

MG 3328

MG 3333

MG 3334

MG 3337