Ssh nft/dwc hybrid let with scrog

Raven07866

That is how a good looking scrog should look like. I do love this method. if one got the time and patience this way is very rewarding and FUN!
I see even rows with good spacing. You just got to keep updating this one.

On 19/03/2016 at 2:03 PM, Raven07866 said:

Had a few temp spikes here and there where I re adjusted the unit to be canopy level, but over all I'd say it's been a little cold in there due to being in a basement. I've maintained canopy temperatures using a green house tube heater, as I know forced air heaters are just heating the air to have it pumped straight out if the tent (soooo expensive!!.) 

Screenshot_20160324-135645.png

• Like 1

On 3/23/2016 at 5:42 PM, Tokage said:

That is how a good looking scrog should look like. I do love this method. if one got the time and patience this way is very rewarding and FUN!
I see even rows with good spacing. You just got to keep updating this one.

Wait. what? That's not a SCROG, its skeleton support.

badly-done-scrog.jpg

23 hours ago, Joe From Kokomo said:

Wait. what? That's not a SCROG, its skeleton support.

badly-done-scrog.jpg

Yea what you're showing there is SOG. I have used LST early on and bent the plants backwards, tucking ad I go. The first picture I posted does make it look like it's just a support from the front though, definitely see what you mean. 

Screenshot_20160326-082740.png

DSC_0017.JPG

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FIM said:

WHat are you using to monitor the temp ?  DIY Arduino, RAPi or of the shelf solution ?

I am about to order the new RAPi3 and try my luck programming some envo-control.

*Raspberry Pi 3

Just off the shelf solution. The graph there is from the weather station, It's called netatmo. It's linked using wemo plugs Just keeping alot of things nicely automated. 

4 hours ago, Tokage said:

I'm sorry, i thought it looked very much like one seeing how you branched them out under a net... Its a screen and its green. sorry for the misunderstanding.

I still think you're right. A SOG is multiple plants flipped early on where is scrog is what I've done. Vegged for longer and tucked under until the screen is full. :)

So tonight I've flattened everything out again yo try and keep the canopy at the same level as the runt. Starting to look like spaghetti junction!!! Next time I'm just going to top one plant and train it into all four corners! Im craving symmetry!

DSC_0021.JPG

I true scrog takes a lot of work. That's why i think that method is more fun above other ways of growing. Once you top and train them in the right way you will be rewarded plenty. Using less plants than a regular grow but with same yield. What will you do different next grow, any thoughts? 

I'm getting rid of the nft shelf and making the unit into swc, using an air pot with a bubbler under surrounded by a fine bubble air curtain. I'll then use the secondary redundant unit as a main res with pump and back pipe making the unit RSWC. This unit will be situated out side of the tent meaning I won't have to open the tent as much. Also I won't be doing SSH again!! The one on the left looks like it's got another 10 weeks of flower!! 

Edited by Raven07866
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Left side is still Streching like crazy which isn't an issue, still got plenty of head room. Right hand side stopped taking up and started with the root rot smell. I've given it a 24 hour flush with hydrozyme and now back onto nutes. EC is between 1.8-2 with the added PK. pH slowly rising from 5.8-6 so all is well :) oh and I added a vertical 400w bulb to reach the stumpy git on the right. 

DSC_0155.JPG

DSC_0153.JPG

DSC_0154.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...