nvmedigrower

when is the best time to harvest high cbd strains

10 posts in this topic

hello out there. i was wondering if any one has had there buds tested for peak cbd content. iv been doing some reading and cant get a clear answer. some say before thc matures some say after. and i dount have access to send mine to a lab. any info would be awsome thanks for your time. 

1 person likes this

Hi mate, 

Medicinal varieties is very much appreciated the CBD and other cannabinoids with medicinal properties, outside the THC.

THC is important to use together with other cannabinoids, but high THC is not really necessary.

The best medicinal varieties to harvest is to let buds ripen properly uqe. Many cannabinoids are transformed over time, so a good curing time is important too.

Cheers

1 person likes this

hey thanks for the response. so i should harvest when the tricomes are at a desired mixture and have a good curing procedure? and it will turn out well.  

1 person likes this

heres some pics of 2015.  cant wait for this year. 

0701151452.jpg

0804150602.jpg

0902151317.jpg

Edited by nvmedigrower
new to site
5 people like this

Wow, you have a nice place to grow :)

Thanks for sharing the photos, I have wanted to see the buds this year!

Indeed, in my opinion, it is best to harvest with mature buds (trichomes about 30% amber).

Regards!

1 person likes this

i aim at mostly milky trichomes with low amount of ambers 5-20%  30% is a bit limit for my taste

the more ripe you make the cbd strain the more cbd will turn in to thc and than finally to cbn,  if you make it very ripe it has lower cbd higher thc and cbn

i would think that it has the maximum cbd potential when it is mostly milky with very low amount of ambers  but im not totally sure about it

i have only grown cbd critical cure so far

nice plants

1 person likes this

hey thanks jankahar. thats about what i did on my last harvest. i might go a little more amber next time. i here they have test for home where you can test the cbd thc. that will be nice if they work

I won't buy feminized seeds . . . ever.

Up  until recently I've always traded seeds with friends or in some cases been gifted seeds to grow out then share some of the proceeds with the seed donor.

I've also sent out numerous free packs of seeds to people I've met in various forums.  Usually 50 - 60 of 4 or more strains.  Just preparing a package for a needy grower that lives in the states so hope these get thru the mail OK.

I keep clones from any new females I grow out and sample so I breed with what I think are the best of the bunch.  Fem seeds have their place but when a company sells only female seeds they won't be getting any of my money.  I just bought some 5 packs of regular BlueBerry, Original Skunk, and Afghani from one company and a 10 pack of one called Green Spirit from another company.  Purchased in stores and not mailed.  I plan to cross any good males I get with an OTTO#1 female currently ready to be flowered but will be donating a dozen cuttings before she goes 12/12.

The Otto is very low in THC, <1% and up to 27% CBD so should get some decent CBD versions of those classic strains.  I also have two females ready to flower that are crosses of the Otto and Cannatonic.  Will be getting cuttings from each of them then plan to send out samples of the buds to a lab for testing on the levels of both for better dosing.

Been growing and breeding for almost 40 years.  Never for profit.

1 person likes this