Possible Nitrogen Tixicity; Any Tips

BlackJesus347

Hey guys, this is my first grow and I'm not too much of an expert, but my buds wont really fatten out theyre really airy, in some of the pictures you can certainly see some nitrogen toxicity, but most of the plants dont have the claw symptom, now I'm not trying to find an excuse for the majority of the plants that dont have the claw and at the same time are still airy colas but I'm trying to make sure it isnt something else with them. Ive already flushed them with neutral ph, but does anyone know how long until sings of improvement and whether or not I can make sure that they can be saved rather than waste time trying to revive the few that have the claw. Theyre all about week 7-8 into flowering but my first batch (I know i said this was my first grow but I tried one before that flowered into really airy buds) was showing the same signs that this batch is showing, so I switched some routines over in this flowering of this batch that has drastically improved the quality of these plants ( shoutout to tokage and Ghost grower) but the nutes are the same and I can guarantee that I have been giving too much nitrogen didnt know you had to tone it down for the flowering stage. 

ANY AND ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED

IMG_4646.jpg

IMG_4647.jpg

IMG_4648.JPG

IMG_4649.jpg

IMG_4650.jpg

IMG_4651.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_4653.jpg

IMG_4642.jpg

IMG_4643.jpg

IMG_4644.JPG

IMG_4645.jpg

IMG_4594.jpg

IMG_4595.jpg

IMG_4596.jpg

IMG_4597.jpg

IMG_4598.jpg

IMG_4599.jpg

IMG_4600.jpg

• Like 1

Hello,

It's nothing serious I was expecting worse than that.

They are looking pretty good on the pictures and they will have some more weeks to go.

In the other hand, I may be wrong but I can notice some little dots on the leaves, I'm pretty sure you have mites on some plants. That slow down the process.

And maybe overheat or nutrients burn on some pictures.

Check under the leaves if you see some mites or something.

Can you tell me the temperature and humidity of the room ?
What feeding are you using ? At what EC ?

-Peace

Im sitting at about 25C with a nice air flow in the room using GH Floranova bloom, the thing is the few last pictures at the end of the pictures  are a different strain and under the same conditions shes on the right tracks, Im guessing the genetics of that strain could handle the given nutrients but could one strain handle it and another be suffering from nitrogen toxicity? Im just bafffled about how one strain is doing well while the other is suffering and not flowering even tho I know Ive been giving too many nutrients (I felt so bad for them :clapping: like I was hurting my children unintentionally)

yea it does have slight N toxicity symptoms but its now far, one way to lower N availability is to use higher ph range and if you are using the powderfeeding getting PK product will help you adjust overall npk also

and the tiny dots look like calcium deficiency that is more than likely coused by the high nitrogen locking it down and low ph

also if you are using pf remember that it doesnt have any calcium so you must have it from tap or add separate

with the overall EC i would never go higher than 1.1ec + your tap ec ,  like in powderfeeding guide they got 0.7 tap+1.1pf max feeding

im using anywhere from 0.65-1.0ec + tap 0.14 so overall 0.8-1.2~  in DWC setup i never go over 1.0 overall ec or it starts to build up in long term

always measure tap+food ec and talk about tap +food or it will confuse everyone

Im gonna check all this out for sufe, so Im gonna finish off their flush and tone down their nutes, just grabbed some bud booster and Ill try and gradually add that in with time, gonna update some pics this weekend to see if theyve made any progress

Thanks for all the help guys

15 hours ago, GreenQc said:

You got more potassium toxicity then nitrogen (they claw in on them self). and for those little brun spot they can apperd when you mist some Magnanes(Ma) or phosphorus (P).

no that is not foliar feeding damage(it is common to think so for some weird reason but no)  they are calcium ''dots'' that is caused by other nutrients locking it out it and/or low ph and/or lack of it.

foliar feeding doesnt leave ''burn'' dots looking like that. only thing that resembles the dots is a rust fungus that can come from excess spraying/moisture, the fungus  you can rub with finger and feel on the surface of leaf unlike the calcium deficiency

more common damages from any kind of foliar feeding is larger bleached areas in the leaf instead of tiny dots, but no foliar feed damage on pics

potassium overdose is never clear case and it is quite rare thing(this is not it), they dont claw from it either, it shows up in multiple micro element deficiencys same time usually iron manganese,magnesium, zinc, calcium etc show up same time in random patterns on the plant in same leaf, this plant is clearly not showing any of that or we would spot it from mile away

he is using FloraNova Bloom 4-8-7 that is very very low potassium level for bloom nutrient it looks like there is too much phosphorous for the plant needs if looking at the npk, the potassium could be alot higher vs others and the phosphorous could/should be lower... albeit the nutrient availability from floranova is not clear cut or directly comparable to full synthetic mix since it has both organic and synth

im using sometimes 3x more potassium than nitrogen in mid bloom and twice more than phosphorous. hell in coco it is probably even more than 3x  closer to 4x the amount of nitrogen i would assume and even than im not getting potassium tox. floranova does not provide even close to the usual potassium needs in bloom and i have seen the potassium deficiency left and right with people using floranova because it lacks it so badly, like santas grow while ago had potassium deficiency due to floranova

that dark green hue and clawing leaf means excess nitrogen not potassium and you probably need even more potassium at this moment as it blooms rapidly now and less nitrogen and phosphorous overall

im not trying to be rude but it is never helpful if blind are trying to lead blind people and start guessing random things even if you are trying to be helpful it harms the thread and forum, when people start guessing 10 different things op doesnt know who to listen,  it is extremely frustrating to try help anyone here with people guessing on the side... it prevents any possibility of real help from coming to rescue because first they need to plow thru the clutter and point out the errors of other people before the thread can move forward

op, i must say the floranova has coused alot of headaches for other growers here and also for me while helping them, it needs quite a bit adjusting  to get working for the plants since the stock NPK levels are just completely wrong for most cannabis plants and setups

you should prob use lower amounts overall / higher ph(if you add less nutes the ph is higher also) to get calcium uptake working and the nitrogen uptake lower since they are getting a bit too much of it now

also since it is half organic mix you want your medium to have lots of life(beneficial bacteria and fungi)  to turn those organics in to food or you will just have useless organic matter building up,  even in the fully synthetic setups the beneficials are great help for plant and as preventative measure

and if you get separate high K product like bigbud for example you can adjust the npk a bit more freely allowing you to keep lower nitrogen levels and to get more appropriate pk levels for flower, but after you run out of them i would recommend you get any 3-part nutrient mix or anything that allows modifying NPK levels according to plant needs,

floranova and there additives just dont have right numbers to give cannabis good life

• Like 1