Help? What happens if i make my cannanutter with bad qualoty weed?

Bugra

Helle there, i was wondering what if i make my butter with bad weed but they still have some tricohomes of the leaf and some resin on it. But when u smoke the bud its just okay. So if i make cannabutter. Will i improve the effect for more strong? Thanks

If it is not top-notch weed for smoking, who would want to fill their lungs with all that tar just to get a mediocre buzz? 

Making infusions with the less-than-optimal trimmings is one of the best things you can do to extract the cannabinoids from bad weed.  But sure, every problem that affects the taste of the weed will affect the taste of your infusion.  It is my experience however, that the taste-effects are not so bad, especially considering that you will be using your infused butter or oil in a recipe where there will be a number of other very tasty ingredients.

As to the question of "improving the effect for more strong", every process of handling cannabis destroys some of the cannabinoids in some way; that is just a fact.  And the use of cannabutter in any recipe dilutes the effect or strength, directly proportional to the mass of other ingredients into which you are mixing the cannabutter.  Obviously, to get the strongest effect, one could eat the cannabutter as it is; but YUK!  Who wants that?  Or one could cook a particular dish and double-up on the amount of cannabutter used; the resulting dish would be stronger than it would have been, but then you might not enjoy the dish as much because of too much butter or the ganja taste might overpower the taste of the other ingredients.

Don't forget, the purpose of our cooking with cannabis is enjoyment.  And as is the same with cooking without cannabis, part of the joy of cooking is the experimentation.  If one attempt with a particular set of methods and ingredients turns out to be a flop, well then there is always the next chance to make improvements.

Enjoy cooking with cannabis.

• 1 month later...