Autoflowering problems

SmoKeBall

Hello guys....

I´m new to the forum cause the reason i joined was not the best...

Unfortenatly i have issue with kalashnikova auto-flowering. Among other strains i bought 10 of those.

At first 4 plants i put on soil, 2 have grown well, while other 2 have been to waist...first ever i didn`t get any smoke from a plant.One with 10cm and the other with 5cm. While the others have grown up to 40/50 cm. All planted in same spot under the same exact conditions....

Well was my first auto-flower, so i gave it a discount athough not happy with result did not toke pic, cause i gave benefit of dought(due to that i have no pic).

Next 4 seeds ( i read even more about autos, cause i hate to complain like i am now)

They are still young, but i find them slow to grow and i have one that toke ages to germinate and now lokes like a "winblower from a plain"

I  grow on outside, but since you guys say that first 15 days plant grows like mad, is not what i am seeing, not to mencion that the regulars "arjan`s haze1" and "Super lemon haze" are 5 or 10 times bigger...one leaf is the size of the all kalashnikova auto flowering

SEE AUTOFLOWERING KALASHNIKOVA

24042016171[1].jpg

While the none auto AH#1/ SLH are beautifull like this (next iu`ll put a lighter next to it for you guys have better perception of real size, when there is not container to match25042016175[1].jpg

Now the problematic more detailed

18042016161[1].jpg

24042016170[1].jpg

As you guys can see this ones are awesome, and the containers of the auto are inside this manual green house of mine ;) (same conditions)only removed to take pics

Ok the autos are not directly iin  soil, that counts but still, the 3 legs palnt is odd, never once saw it before in my plants...to be honest even the previouse ones that grew well, have not that much to smoke any way....

Question are auto flowers all like this?

Or do we have some strains with more resistent bushy growth?

Any question?

I would like to ear your guys opinion on this one please :)

Stay cool lads and see you around

24042016169[1].jpg

ALL THE PLANTS WERE GERMINATED AND PLANTED AT SAME TIME, AH1(2)/SLH(2)/ and AUTO-KALASHNIKOVA(4)

Well, autoflowers are in some method or another a cross or back-cross or somehow a descendant from Cannabis-Ruderalis.  It does require a bit of work to stabilize any new cross, and especially an Auto.  Initially, an Ruderalis-crossed strain will have the undesireable qualities of lower THC-content, but as the strain is crossed-back with other higher THC/CBD/CBN strains, the desired qualities begin to re-appear.  Every new cross (using male plants) produces seeds with many-fold phenotype differences.  Only by growing those seeds and throwing-out the plants with undesireable growth characteristics, then cloning the rest and re-testing the flowering results can further selection be made.  The female plants with the best growth and content characteristics are selected and then those females are crossed against each other using techniques that cause the female plant to produce pollen-sacks (that contain female genes).  This is the path to stabilizing a strain that leads to eventualy producing a stabilized-feminized product.  Eventually, one female with the absolute best characteristics is selected and crossed against herself.  If she can consistently produce the desired characteristics again and again and again, then a stabilized feminized strain is born.

Many times, as the strain is not perfectly stabilized, some seeds still exhibit undesireable characteristics.  And we, as buyers/growers can expect some problems from time-to-time.  But that is why sometimes GHS/SH announces a Test-run and asks for volunteers to test some new seeds.

We had just finished a test of 2 new strains, GreenHouse Kush and SuperLemonHazeExodusCheese (aka. SLEX).  If you would like to see those grow journals, click on "Browse" above, then scroll down to the "SLEX and GH KushTest".  We all had lots of fun with that.

If you would like to be considered for a future test-grow, read the test rules (always subject to change, of course), and post some grow journals of your own so that GHS/SH administrators can see your skills in growing and posting.  I do not know when another Test Grow will be announced. 

Hi Cannabissapean 

Hi believe this strain is with another one besides ruderalis, (not sure though)or if it`s origins are ruderalis still , is only crossed with one that was already auto ( i think is NL5)

Perhaps NL5 auto was made with ruderalis...that i don`t know, but following the genetics, does not sound like first borns of a cross.

Most of autos are cross direct with ruderalis, but not the case on this one...But thanks now i have better idea what could going on... ;)

As i also know auto`s are more delicade, and yes like you say, on regular bases, faster means weeker, and slower means stronger, and yap they do crosses trying to achieve the best from bouth or thye best outcame possible.

So if kalashnikova is a cross between-withe widow & AK-47, is bases are indica mostly....not the strongest but should grow faster, not to mencio that WW is one of the strongest among Indicas...That`S why i fought it was a good strain to try, comming from WW. But despite what you said, wich i no w have better idea, i`m a bit desapointed...that`s why i asked if it`s all the same with auto`s or there are any with diferent behavior

I know they always loose to their original, if not for something else, because they are faster, but perhaps some behave best then others, also depending on charactereistics matching you envoirament, grow type etc....i used to have an int. GH but now only on outside...anygood strain for me to try, and perhaps better outcame then this ones for exterior growth?

About the tests...like i said i grow on out side, do not know if is what they want, but if they like to aim for diferent grewth types and in diferent locations, i wouldn`t minde at all...i have tons of time to take care of thems and take and post pic`S ;)

Thanks a bunch mate ;)

That's wonderful if you have the time to be able to devote to an outdoor grow.  And doubly wonderful if you have the land and the privacy to do it.

My problem is that I don't have enough land of my own, nor is there anywhere near enough land nearby where there isn't someone farming, hiking or snooping around the edges of the treelines almost every day of the week.  And the forests are simply too dark to have a decent grow.  Otherwise, to find such a place, I would have to drive such a distance that it becomes no longer feasible.

Regarding my autoflowering experience.  Most of what I had written above is from my deep studies.  In the past, I have always avoided the Autos simply because of their Ruderalis genetics.  But after hearing some other growers praise their Auto-grows, I did relent, and I did buy a couple Auto-strain packets of seeds last year.  I figured that maybe the cultivators had finally succeeded in producing Autos with better and better characteristics.  I only just recently germinated a couple of the seeds, and so far (up to ~25cm tall), I see virtually no difference in the growth pattern as compared to about 5 other strains germinated at the same time.  They haven't yet started flowering even 30 days after they popped.

For your outdoor grow (I don't know what your weather or lattidude is, so it's kinda hard to make a suggestion), if it is hot and dry there, then the Sativas should fluorish better than Indicas.  If it is warm and muggy (wet), then the Indicas might be a better bet.  If it is cold where you are or if your lattitude is relatively extreme north or extreme south, then maybe the Ruderalis-crosses are the best for you.

However, our friends in A-dam and some in Sweden have developed some strains of crosses of Indica&Sativa without the Ruderalis that seem to fare well in the northern cooler lattitudes.  One that comes to mind immediately is Northern Light.  Mine from Bulldog Seeds was a bit Sativa-like, and it did make some nice sweet little popcorn buds, really tasty and effective, just not a lot of weight, but I will say it is quality smoke.  I have had success with growing Northern Light outdoors (middle Europe), except the deer and slugs got them.  If you haven't seen that grow, it is found in the Grow Journals Outdoor:  "Disastrous Year..."

With some seedbanks that sell online, you can read about the genetics and the preferred growing conditions.

And, yes, GHS/SH does enjoy outdoor growers too.  Also in the tests.

Have fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for carying mate...last week i did not even toke pic...it`S bheen raining here a lot...a Spring like i never saw before in my country, tha looks like winter...by the way i leave in Portugal, in a flat area, agracultural, near the tagus river...are soil is poor, so i use purchase one to cultivate...our clima cab be dry on summer and very hot, but with moister...on winter is impossible, but we have good sunny days ;)

Now back to my plant...if you see them last week was even starngier...some leaves that do not have Marijuana shape....passed another week i know have pic...i lost time reading new clone tut, but after lunch i will post it...now we can see some colas are going to merge but the leaves and the develop and growth and simetry of the plant sucks...I believe is bougus...fake/broken whatever...the others are groing ggod, developing hairs on heads already, while that one is shorty and still looks funny like windblower :( i`m thinkin to perhpas try the only starin autoflower haze from GH...i believe is Northen lights auto. Cause right now im not impressed...on oposite :/

And the fact that thsi Kalishnikova auto need to be cross with  some other crosses instead ruderalis direct like NL, makes me wonder if crossing direct ruderalis went bad so the y had to try with other plnats already crossed and stable...im guessin

Do they give refounds...is one seed, but by now 3 have gone to waist...not urgent, but in next order i wouldn`t minde they replace this one to me

later today i will post pic`s 

On oposite despite the bad water the SLH and Arjan`S haze 1 are beautifull...one of the sLH i can see have not so powerfull genetic like brother but still very good, and remains one those yeah impressed me...one of SLH and the 2 od AH#1

See ya and thanks for carying, once more ;)

I have not heard of GHS/SH giving any refunds.  However, I have heard that they have sent replacement seeds to some growers.  It always helps to hold onto your receipt and any delivery paperwork.  And I would think that it would be a good idea to document your materials and methods as proof of the failed batch of seeds.  In other words, upload a grow journal here in this forum.

I have never had problems to the point that I would ask for replacement seeds; I consider most of my seedling failures to be my fault.  And if one or two seeds never germinate, I consider that a "roll-of-the-dice" anyway.  But if after using very carefully selected materials and carefully performing the correct methods, about 50% or more of the seeds do not germinate, then I would be tempted to ask for replacement seeds.

Hello Man and thanks for coming around here to try and find a solution!

Your plants do look nice the AH and SLH and for sure being in plain soil helps them a lot.

There is one thing you have to take in consideration with the auto growing, in my experience so far with the autos anf from what i have seen, the size of the pot is the most important to get a decent sized auto. the way the root grow with autos is a bit diferent and acts a lot on the growth and flowering of the plant. the larger your root ball  can be the bigger your plant will be, and also i have noticed personally that they seem to like higher pots than the regular plants, as high as possible even if it is a little bit thinner. And as long as the root will not reach the bottom of the pot and start to fill the plant will keep growing.  

In your case the plants look pretty healthy beside the middle one that seems a little bit slower to go but she should fasten when she starts to make normal leaves around stage 2 3, and so beside changing for bigger pots earlier in the growth i dont see what could have caused this. Especially because the kalash auto is still one of the biggest yeilder i have seen in the auto line, especially in outdoor i think the record here on the forum was 260g with Powderfeeding and a 50L pot ^^

Have a good grow man hope to see these plant fasten up ;)

Yes i do need bigger pots ;) about thye height, never fought about it...im having some tecical dificultys in my life that have been comsuming my time to post pic`s...i`m only comparing to the others, thye brothers, that have been put in soil at same time, with the same pots...i think i have pic from last week...anyway this week she`s exaclly the same...the leaves are funny...wait will will search my mobile to post for you guys to see...

And yes by the info this should be one of the most productive strains...the others are looking good with buds forming already, while this one is stuck...At this point i don`t care about it anymore, cause is just waited time...no problem is just one bad seed, but surely does not look like Marijuana ;)

Thanks for replying guys...and yes at least for the Ato`s i must purchase 50 or 60l pot...the thing is that i normally plant in soil so never invested more on pots once i sold my interior green house...now i might have to...and higher ones ;)

See ya guys thanks

seraching for that photo...

08052011200[1].jpg08052011201[1].jpg08052011202[1].jpg08052011200.jpg

In the RED circles you guys can see some mono leaves like the first 2 litle leaves they normally grow...after a bunch all she could do were those in blue circle like 3 fingers hands :)  the blue circle under was the first 2 that have this strange look and feel like she was burned or something...the other one on oposite side i already removed it

As you guys can see the brothers are completly diferent, and they are always together under the same conditions...im not complaining about not producing what was suppost to...i know it has many variables and those infos are under optimized conditions...i know i can never reach that so my golas are not that high, but when comparing to others exacly the same i must get to thye conclusion that this one have completly diferent genetics, behavior and ultematly production...

Sorry about written mistakes, i speack good english but the write haven`t practiced for years now :)

If i go take pic now she looks the same

See ya

Mean while the Super lemon haze & the Arjan`s haze are groing like mad :) already hiting my green house roof...need to remove it and make new one higher :)

Soon as i made support for them and the days start warming up, at least one of the Arjan`s haze grows a lot each day...like centmiters per day, she was under roof by 10cm or so and although i never mesured it, in 1 or 3 days she is hiting the top floor :)

And the SLH is a joy to touch and care, cause even without buds already smells so F.....ing good :)

So is not all bad, don`t get me wrong, but the reason i posted is because by sharing and exchanging knoledge and experience we can all grow as growers :) and these were my first autos ever

See ya guys

• Like 1