Time to start

Squale

Hey Guys and Gals,

Made my move now based in Cambodia in the Anghor Watt temples area, beautiful garden surrounding a sweet 3 sort of villa right at most 10 mins from center town of Siem Reap. It's a lovely part of the world where my old man decided to retire...

now here I come, got seeds in my pocket and I am ready to do some precious gardening. Since we have sun all year around, mostly and nice tropical weather, I gathered on Google weather forcast if I may say for what should be the weather like all year around in which will determine the time more or less of when I am suppose to throw them seeds in the ground.

well I was kinda of hoping some of you guys could confirm what I was thinking.

find in attachement a graphic and its description and looking at it now I am thinking now is the time to start gardening.

anyone have a look and let me know from his point of vue.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If you look on the graphic right above you see the green color is where the season is at her coolest... ( Mediterranean climat ) which I think would be best suitable to be in budding period. 

I have plain feminised seeds, no autoflowering, no bunch of seed collected left and right just good old seed you find in every proper head shop in Holland.

cheers in advance for your advise.

Regards.

Squale.

hi

yes i think you are right, for flowering it is best to have lowerer humidity,

having been to thailand and knowing they have almost 12 hour days

i believe you are simuliar, one thing to consider is these may flower

at about 4-6 weeks old if planted staight to earth, so maybe an idea

sowing out about mid october and giving yourself 3 months to flower

as even indicas can take 10 weeks

i hope this helps and others correct any beliefs

PEACE

• Like 1

Wow, the weather there is brutal hot and wet.  I think Old Head could be right.  You might want to use your first year there to space-out your germinations, and keep good notes to determine the best time to germinate so that you can optimize your efforts for the years to come.  As for the rain, you might do well to improvise some kind of shelter to reduce the amount of rain that the plants get, but to still allow the sunlight to come through, but not so closed-up that the plants become heat-stressed.  And also, so that the roots don't get drowned, consider using above-ground grow-bags that sit on the ground (like the Mendo-Dope fellas use, seen on youtube).  At least then you will have some chance of controlling how much water and oxygen the plants' roots will get.  Cannabis cannot handle becoming water-logged.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I had a thought at that as well... 

Let me get you through my thoughts process... Ok so I am lucky to have a fair size garden with about 18 mango trees, lichies trees and all sorts of Palm trees and divers plants of different sizes... So I can play around with full sun, semi and shaded location, my plan is to have them in some sort of airpot which you can't find here but what I can use instead is empty fabric bag of rice that will do exactly the same as airpot and will allow me to move my plants around on some sort of DIY fat skate board ?. I thought regular plastic container will be way too hot and planting directly in the soil would be a mistake as due to the dryness of the ground it's basically concrete hard and a lot of work to be done to prep my soil.

it hasn't been this hot here in 90 years, we are in the 40's degree Celcius daily at the moment so mobility is a must!

the second thing, for those who know about life abroad, most of garden have night lights for security reason and mine is no exception... These lights are led types 20w that provides quite a good intensity which will allow me to do what we call a Gas Lantern Routine, basically it's the process to introduce artificial lights for the night to interfere in the budding process, I will post a pictures to show you the intensity and you'll see that should just do the trick.

so that said, I have checked what kind of composted soil we can find and it seems very healthy, got coco coir as well and I might be using some shredded sugar cane as well in the mix which apparently helps building good bacterias and prevents from pets and bad worms over here...

my intention is also to go organic with my nutrients, yet to find out what works best over here.

Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers.

Squale.

" We don't see the World as it is but We see the World as we are! "

• Like 1

This is what I was talking about in terms of security lights that runs all night long in the garden... I think these should just do the trick, what you guys reckon?

Squale.

" We don't see the World as it is but We see the World as We are...! "

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

hi squale

yes it sounds good, the lighting seems enough to keep them in veg,

however you may want to place plants as close as possible, the lighting

looks good to our eyes but is very weak and some dark during veg also

is recomended, if these light your garden all night you will need a dark enclosure to

place plants for 12hrs to flower them.

i hope this has helped and wish you luck would be great to see a journal

for this but not always we can do one

PEACE

• Like 1

Cheers buddy, yes that's the plan, keep them as close as possible. This is why every day they'll be moved around on some sort of skid to place them right where they can enjoy the sun and at night move them slowly to location where they can get my night lights... The exact way of doing this still need to be thinked but that's my plan anyway

Now when they need to flower I thought of a different approach, I was thinking to introduce green light instead during flowering time, this way I can still have light for our own safety reason and checking on them while I won't interfer with my precious... What you say?

• Like 1

And Defo will do a grow journal on this with all my process as precise as I can be... We all learn till the end and I have a lot to catch up still!

Squale.

"We don't see the world as it is but we see it as we are!"

• 4 weeks later...