gasmeter

Kalashnicova & Passion #1 Outdoor Grow 2016

62 posts in this topic

Hey Arrakeddj thanks I am well pleased with their progress, yeah I have been wondering if the pots I have used will be big enough, the pot holds 14 litres of soil, so I will be keeping an eye on that as they forward, but I am not going to worry about it, I see people using 10 litre pots to grow and finish, although how big the plants really are is another question entirely.

I love you garden man those plants look awsome, they are trees, it looks like you are in Spain with a much warmer and sunnier climate, so your plants growth will be a lot more vigorous than what we can achieve here in the UK with the conditions that we have to deal with growing outside.

I am updating early today so I can relax this afternoon and watch the Belgian Grand Prix on TV, it should be a great race, I will be rooting for Lewis Hamilton, but I will be watching young Max Verstappen this kid is amazing, he is a very talented and natural driver especially considering he is only 18, he is an absolute joy to behold on track, he will win world championships in the near future, aint no maybe.

Anyhoo here are some photos I took yesterday afternoon.

Kalashnicova

28-august-2016-kalashnicova.jpg

Kalashnicova foliage and flowers

28-august-2016-kalashnicova-foliage-flowers.jpg

Kalashnicova lower stalk and flowers

28-august-2016-kalashnicova-lower-stalk-flowers.jpg

Kalashnicova lower flower close up

28-august-2016-kalashnicova-lower-flower-close-up.jpg

Kalshnicova top flowers

28-august-2016-kalashnicova-top-flowers.jpg

Kalshnicova top flower close up

28-august-2016-kalashnicova-top-flower-close-up.jpg

Passion #1

28august-2016-passion1.jpg

Passion #1 foliage and flowers

28august-2016-passion1-foliage-flowers.jpg

Passion #1 lower stalk flowers

28august-2016-passion1-lower-stalk-flowers.jpg

Passion #1 lower stalk flower close up

28august-2016-passion1-lower-stalk-flowers-close-up.jpg

Passion #1 top flowers

28august-2016-passion1-top-flowers.jpg

Passion #1 top flower close up

28august-2016-passion1-top-flower-close-up.jpg

More updates to follow soon, happy growing everyone.

Likkle more

Gasmeter

3 people like this

Really like the shape of that kalash on the first pic, looks like a nice steady lady, is she making a bit more frost by now?

Passion is looking nice as well looks like it will be a fast girl too.

Have a good grow thanks for the news!

1 person likes this

Hey man,

as I was reading through the updates, I thought, "the pots are too small, they must be rootbound as fuck by now," but then I read on and found out you repotted them, so I was relieved, nice move! For the future, remember that the plant's root system develops rapidly when they go to flower so you should always try to repot before that, into large enough containers. 

Another thing I noticed is that you used WAY too much perlite, it almost looks like a soilless medium. This is the reason your girls seem hungry and you have to feed often. Perlite holds no nutrients and is not necessary in modern substrates which have the right structure by default so I'd avoid using this much of it unless you're mixing your own soil at home using compost or soil that are high in clay particles.

Mandala seeds have great grow guides on their website and I'd suggest it as obligatory reading to everyone no matter their experience since they're so well written, detailed and on-point.

A quote on adding drainage materials in your potting soil:

It is best not to add any additional materials to your potting soil. Horticultural grade potting soil is perfectly mixed for the best air-water ratio. Adding more non-nutritive substances depletes the water retention capacity of the soil, it unnecessarily "stretches" the soil and reduces the total amount of nutrients available to the plant, and it creates dry pockets in the container.

Adding a large amount of perlite/vermiculite (some growers add as much as 25%!) is a completely outdated practice from 30-40 years ago when there was only a very small selection of horticultural potting soil available for non-commercial gardeners. It is one of the unfortunate harmful practices in cannabis cultivation that many still cling to although they do not understand the reason or consequences.

Finally I get to say that I'm very, VERY pleased with your work and I'm happy for you and your girls. It's awesome to see that you were able to pull it off and got them flowering this early! Considering the date and the stage of flowering they are in I'm pretty confident you're looking at a lovely harvest this season. Keep a close eye on them for the mold, don't underestimate it as it's very sneaky and easily overlooked early on! Now you see why I told you Passion #1 was a great choice :)

Sending blessings your way. May the Mold God have mercy.

Happy growing my friend,

G.

1 person likes this

Hey guys its been a while.

Yeah Dust that Kalashnicova was looking nice as you say a steady plant and the Passion #1 was in such a hurry I was well pleased with them both.

Thanks for the kind words Gordon and all the advice you provided I would not have got them to flower early otherwise, inner love man.

So whappen?

Well I had cool runnings both girls were doing great, but then I had a run in with some Johhny Big Mouth on the street a couple of days after my last update and I ended up with a compound fracture of my tibia and fibia and spent 7 days in hospital, which totally mashed up mi plan.

When they booted me out of the hospital I was struggling to move them in and out of the shed being on crutches, and then I noticed some bud rot on both of them right at the top of the main cola, so about the 13th September I gave them both the chop and harvested, unfortunately I forgot to take photos.

I got about 3 ounces of bud off the Passion #1 and 2 ounces of bud from the Kalashnicova.

The Kalashnicova is a heady hit and quite light, nice for the first smoke of the day in the morning, and the Passion #1 is much stronger and the hit is long lasting.

So I am now checking out tents and LED lights ready to set up a small indoor grow.

Gasmeter

Likkle more

damn sorry to read about the fractures, and that it didnt allow to take as much care as you wanted of the plant is ok, health first ;) 

There are some great LED nowadays, im not an expert in the market but i know looking a bit around you can find some nice things!

Hey Dust thanks for the kind words, yeah it was sad that I was unable to care for them properly, but shit happens and we just have to make the best of the situation.

Thanks for your thoughts Cannabissapean and the link a bit of classic rock always goes down well, interesting lyrics.

Well I have bought a Mars Hydro II 400 LED and a 70X70X170CM tent and I am now waiting for them to be delivered then I can get my indoor grow set up and running, I just need to buy some beans I am thinking autos for my first indoor grow and a quicker harvest. 

Gasmeter

Likkle more 

1 person likes this

Congrats on purchasing your first tent.  Have fun setting it up. 

Take some pictures and give us an unboxing and set-up exhibition...

White Widow is a great choice for indoor, and if she gets pollinated, she'll make worth-while crosses too.

MoneyMaker is also nice.  See the MoneyMaker pictures posted by Patricia just a few postings before you in the Introduction category.

For a really fun journal about MoneyMaker, check-out "Gonzo's Money Maker Adventure" posted by Gonzo's Ghost.

Thanks Cannabissapean I will take some pictures unboxing the light and the tent plus tent set up.

I ordered 3 Kings Kush Auto beans yesterday and I am now waiting for their delivery, I got an email today to inform me the light and tent have been despatched along with a tracking number so I can monitor progress, it has yet to reach the courier, the delivery date is for Thursday.

I checked out the MoneyMaker journal by Gonzo's Ghost it is brilliant, I love how he has done it in a comic strip style, well funny, plus Gonzo is cute.

Gasmeter

Likkle more

IMG_20170121_114341.jpg

This is an old post but man I can relate to your effort. I'm on the same boat with 5 plants. Chasing the sun in the yard is only getting me 6 hrs of direct sunlight. Then they go underneath the florescent light. Sunny and Cloudy days keeping an eye on the scattered showers but they're doing great! I germinated Dec 7, 2016. 

The seeds I found in a pound of Gorilla Glue, a pound of Girl Scout Cookies, a full cake of Sour Diesel. Two I honestly don't know what they are they got mixed up. All I know is It was top shelf flowers.

2 people like this

Hi Andres those look nice plants sorry for the slow reply I hope you do a journal to document and record your grow, good luck and happy growing.

Gasmeter

Likkle more