Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'blim burn'.
Found 1 result
Starting a new grow of 16 Masa Critica BCN. The description raises a lot of hype of high yield with short flowering time but with taste, aroma, and potency. I purchased this strain with the intention of using it in a low clearance for root to fruit, aeroponic, vertical, scrog but decided I would also run some through ahead of time to size it up against with my most successful to date growing method and the BDS Special and Kush plant I've been harvesting with great rewards! Anyway, here is the 1st tote, already starting their week of Veg before flower in their habitat. Already, they're quite healthy with a very short inter-node space. They're a 75/25 Indica dominant Big Bud crossed with Afgani Skunk These plants are currently under a 600w MH being moved there from a table with a 6 bulb T5 seen here: I just finished the other growing chamber this evening so I have the opportunity to show you a little more of how I assemble it. First, this is made of a 27 Gal tote which I purchased in the US at a Home Depot. I modify the top of the tote as seen here: Notice above, the very edge of the lid is black and the majority of the lid is white. As the lid starts out as Yellow, I paint it black to block out light and then paint it white to reflect light and avoid unnecessary thermal energy in my res. I just ran out of white paint for this lid so I'll finish it next cycle. In this design intended for a very short veg period, I have 8 3" net pots with neoprene plugs and two 1 7/8" holes for wires, gauges, air hoses or whatever else I need to pass into the res. I use a basic window and door self adhesive seal found in the weatherization aisle of Home Depot like this one which can be peeled into two separate seals which cover two boxes. It also makes it easier to turn corners without creasing the seal. Notice the light blue mess around the outside of the seal? That's OSI Quad petroleum based caulk. I use it often on homes and is an amazing product! Sticks like glue and remains permanently flexible. This stuff is blue, left over from a house I worked on. I'm lucky that 3" net pots with the lid available to me is perfect for this lid and hole size to easily be able to chisel out a retaining notch where I can clip my net pots into which secures the plant for the duration of the grow! I built this pvc manifold and attached it to a 395 gph submersible pump. When left on the floor and the A/C running I can maintain a res temp between 63*F and 70*F I will be using the entire GH Flora Seriese and additives but I suppliment with super thrive, House and Gardens root stimulater, Shooting Powder and Cal Mag if necessary; I have a relatively high ppm in my well water tap at 240-280 ppm and don't normally need it unless using coco. Most of the GH Flora nutes will be at or near 1/2 streingth as it always seems high for some reason. Beginning PPM is around 800 however 250 of that is from the well water. PH is currently set to 5.6 and I'm fine with anything from 5.5-5.8 at this time. My next cycle to compare is likely to be with the powder feeding line. I hope it can show up the GH stuff so I can KISS! I use two large air stones for the res Lastly, I swear by this short cycle panda timer where each slot represents approximately 40 seconds. I start with fresh clones at 40 sec on / 40 off and gradually work up to 1/6 on up to only 40 seconds every 20 minutes later in flowering. They are part of the reason I can get this on only my 4th day. I will be filling up this new unit with 8 more of the best of the critical mass plants from this cloner which a friend got started for me. I will keep you guys updated on my progress as I can. I hope you enjoy the show!