Super Soil Indoor

jHumbert

Yeah, you have way too much nitrogen and not enough of everything else.  Blood meal is 11-0-0, the bat guano im used to is 9-3-1 or 10-1-1 earthworm castings are 1-0-0.  kelp meal is 1-0-2.  If you suspect potassium deficiecy ita probably a nutrient lockout or actually deficiency.  cann twrra bloom is 2.1-1.7-3.4...next time replace blood meal with crab meal. and replace canna rerra with bone meal, for a more diverse and less potent vegetative mixture.  Id also find a source for abundant potassium. Search Subcool supersoil for a more complete and properly ratiod mixture.  For future reference, when making a soil shoot for a veg micro ratio of 3-1-2 and a bloom micro ratio of 1-3-2.  You can read my outdoor grow journal in the ourdoor grow journal section Titled  Dank Cali Bagseed NY Outdoor.  I used a phlethora of similar soil amendments throughout my grow mainly through top dressing and have had great results.  Theres a few paragraphs explaining exactly how and when my plants got fed along with plenty of pictures to demonstartae current results.

• Like 1

Also, when making super soil, consider biomimicery.  Blood meal (animal blood) by product is not naturally found in high concentrations in natural soil.  Earthworm castings, however, are found abubdantly in healthy soils.  Personally I used fox farm happy frog with mycorrizae as a base medium. I transplanted with a handful of bat guano 9-3-1.  (extra phosphorpus is good for making healthy roots in young plants) My first fertilizing was done with a pre mixed bag of organic soil amendments. It was Fox Farm Premium Lawn 8-2-6.  (potassium boosts hardiness, sturdyness,  and plant immune system)  My next fertilizing was done with Down to Earth Crab Meal 4-3-0 (also high in calcium).  Transition feedings were Fox Farm All purpose 5-5-5 and FoX Farm Fruit & Flower 5-8-4.   For full flower feedings Ive given them feedings of Fox Farm Bulb Food 3-8-8, bone meal 3-15-0, a custom mixture of crab meal, bone meal, azomite, fire place ashes, FF Bulb Food, and FF Fruit&flower which was mixed to be 3.1-7.5-5.4 and most recently were given kelp meal 1-0.1-2 after noticing early yellowing (nitrogen deficient) and early purpling (potassium deficient)

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your explanation lansingking! Compliments for your garden, very nice outdoor plants!

I followed more or less the Subcool Supersoil recipe, but I think you are right: too much nitrogen and not enough of potassium and phosphorus (Tangies are almost perfect anyway...).

Crab meal....interesting, I will definetely try it!

I read you did a transition feeding for the flowering stage, I didn't do that. I made the SuperSoil and then I gave to the plants only water from the veg stage. Do you transplant before blooming in an other pot with the Supersoil for bloom? So do you prepare 2 different supersoil (veg and bloom)?

• 2 months later...

Hi guys! This is the result of my first Supersoil crop.

Buds pictures: Alien OG, Tangie #1, Tangie #2 (one of the best  - top5 -  I smoked! PURE TANGERINE!!!:clapping:)

I'm very happy with this crop, I have nice and clean tasty buds with a wonderfull smell!

The hash you see in the picture is the result of 5 gallons Bubblebags (from 120 to 73 microns, I didn't use the 90 microns because I did two cycles)

I didn't take the 25 microns hash picture, it was about 4 grams and it was clearer...

See you soon for an other grow session!

alien.jpg

tangie1.jpg

tangie2.jpg

hash.jpg