I need help figuring out what is causing my leaves to die

Gsmoke

I have searched everything I can think of and can't figure out what is causing the leaves on my Northern Lights Special to get little black dots on the stems and leaves then start turning yellow/brown and die off. I've used a magnifying glass and my pocket scope and can't find any mites or anything like that. Maybe I am just not seeing it. But I am growing in FFOF and I am using the simple line of Nectar for the gods nutrients and I keep the ph at 6.5 and ppm's around 400 and my runoff is always between6.4 and 6.5. It's grown outside on the balcony and the temperature on average is around 85. I always give straight ph'd water between feedings and give the nutrients about twice a week. 

20160711_180656-1.jpg

20160711_180530-1.jpg

20160711_180435-1.jpg

20160711_180452-1.jpg

20160711_180329-1-1.jpg

• Like 1

Hello man, well to me it looks more like your plant is just a little hungry, the green on your leaf is a little pale but nothing to worry much about, just put your ec a bit higher 400 is pretty low in my opinion a plant like this could take 700 already easily if you only give it once every 2-3 waterings ;) and if you have some growth boosters like Bioheaven or whatever with some micrinutrients, when you do not feed the plsnt you can give them once a week or so some booster so they will have a bit more variety of food, your carency looks bit like a zinc carency  but its maybe just because your EC is too low.

Just my opinion ^^ Hope it will help

Have a good grow

Can you post pictures of the black spots on the stems, please?

That part of your description sounds a bit like some kind of mold/fungus attack.  There are anti-mold/fungus solutions available at garden centers that you can mix with distilled water to spray on the foliage and stems.  That might help.  Better to do that now, rather than spraying on your blooms.

If you do believe that this is a mold/fungus infestation, in addition to spraying, it would be a good idea to remove the yellowed leaves, especially those with the black and brown spots.  Any leaf with the brown spots as seen in your photos is of no further use to the plant.  Such a leaf cannot contribute further photosynthesis, and if it is infested with mold/fungus, the mycelia could grow through the stem of the leaf into the twig or branch and infect further leaves.  It would be better to remove such leaves before the infection spreads.  Also try to not allow the removed leaf to touch any other leaves during the removal.

nothing to worry about, old bottom leaf..

Maybe more N   and less PK  no flowering yet so...

Stop fertz twice a week (once will do) it's only bush now...

Keep Growing:)

You fellas could be right.  I was under the impression that Gsmoke was talking about "black" spots on the stems in particular, which were not shown in the photos.  That's why I was asking for photos of the "black" spots.

Gsmoke, if you were referring only to those brown spots on the yellow leaves, then I think you truly have nothing to worry about.  Those leaves look like just old leaves that have finished their work.  If that is the case, then my recommendation would be to simply break them downward off and continue growing.  The new leaves look fine and the plant looks healthy.

Sorry, I didn't mean to alarm.