Super Lemon Hell

Jose.gh

Hi,

This cicle is to be performed entirely in indoor, with LED lighting, to temperature controlled. 

I'll just use sativas seeds, you have a light cycle of 12h on 12h off always.
With the different tests, in my opinion works very well this type of crop. By staying at 12/12 from the start, save electricity and mean. Not gleaning plants both during flowering, branch not too much and offer very acceptable final results. Everything as a whole makes it perfect for indoor cultivation of summer.

Variety: Super Lemon Haze
Indoor: 60 x 60
Lighting: 90w Leds

PLantas-en-el-mini.jpg

I use coconut substrate, because it is the one I like, provides a rapid root development and I can control the nutrition 100%.

I'm using Powder Feeding Mother plants, when i´ll see flowers begin to form, i will use Powder Feeding Sativas.

The LED lamp is homemade, and is made with Osram Golden Dragon LEDs with a very acceptable bin (in his time ... hehe has some years but it works like the first day). 

The temperature does not rise above 25 degrees thanks to the LEDs.
The humidity is over 55% but when the LEDs shut off  75% - 80%, perfect for growth (in flowering I will activate the extractorl).
And the cycle indicated 12 hours light 12 hours darkness from seeds.

planta1.jpg

Super Lemon Haze is my favorite variety since from some time ago (long). I have many other varieties within my favorites circle, but SLH is the best for me.

There are nine germinated plants, when they grow I'll rotating them with another mini vacuum, to make cycles in batches of 4 and 5 floors respectively, more plants would be too many. 

A  curious, I have selected from many seeds of this variety, the smallest and the largest. Super Lemon Haze is a hybrid formed by Lemon Skunk and Super Silver Haze, so the fattest seeds should be more Indic (supposedly Lemon Skunk ... but neither is an indica) and smaller seeds should pull over to the Super Silver Haze, in theory ...

planta2.jpg

Cheers :)

• Like 8

ive got this going at the minute and had a few problems. keep your nutes low and build to 600 ppm. watch the feeding too. ive found 1 feed every 3 days is fine.

hmm you aint getting no arms from 12/12. atleast try to let arms grow a lil and supercrop or even sog.

Nice set up. this is hardy strain so should be fine. I cant even remember which 1s which in mine since i put them in there bigger buckets.

I also got the white lemon too.

if its sativa dom id let arms grow a lil. last thing you want is 1 cola when you got room for 8. ;)

good luck. i been vegging 4month now lol not worth flipping till they all a equal size pluss the veg will 100% give you bigger and stronger in every way.

your flowering with out a root system too. id let that grow some too before 12/12.

I recon you can double your harvest with a good 4 week veg.

• Like 1

I agree with Rix about giving a little more Vegg-time, if it were my grow.

Buuut, I have seen some others here (jankahar, or was it Nordic Grower) had also switched to Bloom photo-period almost directly after germination, and he did have a decent harvest. 

Curiosity leads to experimentation.  Experimentation leads to discoveries.

Discoveries can be successes or failures, but if we learn something new, even from the failures, then it is worth it.

• Like 2

Hi mates, 

The plants continue apace, these are some photos of today

todas2.jpg

todas.jpg

When they are larger, I separate them so that while 4/5 sleep, others 4/5 take the led light.

It is not possible to do a SOG with these seeds in 12/12, sog I not really recommend for anything in 12/12 (except if you make cuttings, but with previous grow for roots).

Here are some photos of my last cultivation, with super lemon haze also and makes 12/12 from seed. Plants with final size of three feet.

slhfin.jpg

without led light

slh-fin2.jpg

And this is my lamp led, made by me at home with Osram LEDs (golden dragon high quality). She consumes only 90w and offers similar results that 300w HPS.

I test many LED lamps (a lot), many. And for me, this is the best by far much better.

panel.jpg

Cheers!!

• Like 4

Hi, 

@Jan.gh  Thanks mate,  7 liter pots with coconut, I use coconut fiber for root development, like air or water, is very good :drinks:

I only do some crops with this system, the first being a disaster lol, but it was because I made mistakes. The rest all very good, good results now.  Without doubt this is my favorite for sativas. (Indicas need cycles)

@jHumbert , sorry mate... my english isnt very good, really isnt good haha   Let me try:

Now are 9 pots, but when they are older (1 month +/-), 9 are too many for  a small closet (60x60cm)

I have another small empty cupboard without light.

When this 9 plants grow (approximately 1 month old), I will do shifts (12-hour shifts).

When 4 plants are taking light in this indoor, the other 5 plants will be sleeping in the other empty closet. And backwards.  They only need 12 hour light, is perfect for shifts

Cheers, Jose

• Like 1

I've been working off-n-on on building a reflector-shade with LEDs.  I too shall look into those Golden Dragon LEDs from OSRAM. 

Thanks for the tipp, Jose.

I was also performing shift-transfers there for a while between the Vegg-tent and the sunny balcony, just to give the girls a good sunny boost after the night of CFL lighting (basically, raising my photoperiod from the timed 18 hours daily to nearly 24 hours daily).  The boost does work, but it is a lot of work.  Sort of defeats the idea of total automation, though.  LOL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello mates, 

Today I have bad news, my closet was attacked by my dog. He loves bite plants and play with the earth, so it has enjoyed a pleasant afternoon games.

So, I start from scratch again :)

I germinated seeds Super Lemon Haze and Lemon Skunk.

These are the first pictures, only two or three days from germination.

armario_5294.png

semilla_5290.png

Cheers

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

very good setup man,  and congratulations for self-produced lighting
He chose 2 nice strain ,I like lemon skunk,  there are 2 main phenotypes, one is odor and taste of citrus, and i generally do not like plants with these shades.
The other phenotype skunk pheno, is something exceptional, taste and smell are something unforgettable, and also produces substantial buds.
Take care of these little girls. ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi again, 

Sorry for the delay, for the second time the dog has eaten my plants. Now it has 100% forbidden to enter my room. 

So for the third time, I germinated seeds, I have grown to 12/12 and now are starting to bloom.

They have already shown the flowers, I am applying nutrients for fattening. It is the first watering with this.

IMG_6034.png

All have more or less the same rate, except for a Super Lemon Haze is a little slower

IMG_6028.png

I have no idea how many days are to 12/12 .... so simply, I will be guided by the buds :)

Cheers

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...