dick

Stress factors of male plants?

6 posts in this topic

Hi hunters

As we all know stress affects female plants causing hermie tendancies.

Does the same apply to the male, if breeding with a stressed male does

he pass on the stress to new seed as in produce hermie off spring. One

could assume it does as its seems quite likely that the male would not

hermie and grow female parts.

Any info or papers to read on this subject would be helpful.

THX hunters and happy growing.

PEACE

Hi friend, 

Stress causes all kinds of problems in plants and also in people (aunqeue people do not hermi, I think .... haha).

The male plant can develop a small female flower, but only as a sign of being a hermaphrodite.

I would never use a stressed male pollen to make seeds. Because the offspring most likely also be hermaphrodite.

Just my opinion, be good sabaer more reviews :)

2 people like this

I agree 100% with the above too

Once they show that hermie trait in any serious fashion, the party's over as far as using the pollen I would think

I am certainly no expert generally or on breeding in particular though

good luck

i seen females , males hern?......................one time i use herm polen...................herm  polen, herm strain. ..                                                                                             .good genetix   i cross regular seeds whit feminase,and i dont have that problem .. i had herm plants  to heat stress,and bad genes too......in the pass.....this sumer i grow whit 42c in my grow room from seeds,,,,not one herm ,just small plants, ..................................never seen it in greenhause seeds              .....................................               one love

On 31/08/2016 at 10:51 AM, dick said:

Hi hunters

As we all know stress affects female plants causing hermie tendancies.

Does the same apply to the male, if breeding with a stressed male does

he pass on the stress to new seed as in produce hermie off spring. One

could assume it does as its seems quite likely that the male would not

hermie and grow female parts.

Any info or papers to read on this subject would be helpful.

THX hunters and happy growing.

PEACE

not allways,but its there .....i have seeds from herm o some females  grow whit 3 leaves in all new frist leaves in veg,in flower extra branch

the males herm too,and my plants dint pass to the next grow cross wiht another strain,only that 3leaves grow.and extra branchs.theres a hunter call roo78 (first journal)o have photos of plants it that traits.