So I put 6 of the 12 seeds I received in water/paper and 5 devoped a very nice sprout. One seed sadly showed zero development. So I put these 5 in starter pots and slowly but surely they raise the seedshell above surface. Once they got proper leaves I will take a picture. Looks promising. Soon the tent will be empty, so that I can give them proper growlights. But before they rest under a Neonbulb.

• Like 3

I erased one seedling. It was too far behind the others and it took forever till it began to open the seed shell. Stayed closed with hardly any stretching, while the strongest had already grown 3 times as high and with some leaves. I wait till all 4 are beyond the critical starting stage. 2 show nice development, while the other 2 are smaller and beyond- Still think they will make it. If everything works out as expected I wil show them to ya. Just hope tis strain is worth the effort/space. I learned not to put all my trust in a strain I haven't grown with success at least a few times - and even then I prefer to have some variety. So far only Exodus Chees, Chemdog, Damnesia and White Lemon are strains I trust enough to grow at least half of my grow space with oneof those. DAMNESIA is the only strain I have grown all 10 from a 10 pack at once.

• Like 1

Thanks for the news man could you put some photos for us and some details on how you germinate and water them? 

Thanks man have a good grow with the ladies! I hope it will be a new keeper for you ;)

• Like 1

Hello Bam-Bhole,

I am glad that have germinated well. Think like you, if a plant is delayed in growth, it is better to delete. I avoid plants that start bad, because rarely end well. energy needs to be focused on plants that come out strong and healthy :)

I also reserve part of my crop strains that I like, and elsewhere for new things (always algop try again). But it is a guarantee, known strains grow, because you know you'll like :)

I hope that soon you can put a picture!

Regards!

• Like 1

Hi folks. I am loading the battery for my camera, so pictures will follow pretty soon. The remaining 4 seedlings are doing really fine; esp since I reaped all plants and could use the tent for VEG. SOMA got me the confidence to put young seedlings (and even freshly sown seeds - I was waiting for Greenhouse to come up with CHEMDOG for nearly 2 years; so I looked for a substitute and am trying out Barney Farm's TOP DAWG now. I also got a BLUE CHEESE free seed), so I decided to grow 2 from 5 TOP DAWGS and that BLUE CHEESE as well. One seed has already opened up and lost it's seed shell after 2 days under a 400 WATT MH. I also had to start the remaining seeds I had, since it took way too long till the Test seeds arrived. I expected them to arrive early/middle of september so I planted 2 LEMON KUSH and 2 remaining DAMNESIA seeds. When it was taking even longer and I reaped the Blueberry Cheesecake and loved it really much (just the yield was disapointing but the aroma resin and effect was top notch)oI planted the last of my remaining 2 seeds as well.. It is time for the Lemon KUSH + DAMNESIA to be put into flower next week, so I will change the lights to HPS and to 12/12. The seedlings will get 6 hours extra lights under T5-NEON.

I will see how I actually do that.

DUST asked me how I started the seeds and how I water it. First I put them in water for 24 hours, then in a towel till the rootlet can be seen, then they go into a mix of Coco and CANNA TERRA Professional.

Watering is pretty easy. I prepare 1 litre of the new GH GROW powder and check the ph vale with PH Down liquid and a test set fluid that shows the PH value in color. Golden Green is top.

That fits into a spray can and I give each pot the needed amount. Best is checking the weight. A bit every day works best for me. Of course the bigger pots for the Lemon KUSH ( 6.5 litres) need more at once. Damnesia + Bluebbery Cheesecake are in 3 litre pots atm. They will end up in my trusted cottonGrow bags. The LK will stay in these 6.5 litre pots till the end. The other Habrids/Sativas will get more space ...

The  pictures will show you what exactly I am talking about.

P.S. SOMA drops the paper towel part. He waits till the seed cracks open and shows a sign of a rootlet - then transplant it

It is safer that way imo

• Like 2

I took pictures sunday night but had no time to post them untill now..

These 3 pix expain what I was talking about - square pots 6.5 litres LEMON KUSH. Next 2 Damnesia + 2 Blueberry Cheesecake - 4 SUPER BUD - Trainwrecks

picture 1 - the 4 Test Seedlings

Next overview KUSH, DAMNESIA and the 4 SB-TW Test seeds

picture 3 shows how I start seeds - Blue Cheese already with green, The Top DAWG's were sprouting then

DSC00670.JPG

DSC00669.JPG

DSC00673.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So it was time to change the pot size - all 4 were properly rootd and sit in bigger shoes just fine - Also starting to flower them - 4000 watt HPS for 12 hours. Used PLAGRON Light Mix this time..

3 in square pots, the one with the fastest growth is in a Root Pouch..

Pictures show them before transplanting first, then the actual growth ...

Very happy with the development. All 4 were properly rooted and look healthy. Was time to put them into flower since the 1st of this month.

DSC00676.JPG

DSC00677.JPG

DSC00678.JPG

DSC00679.JPG

DSC00680.JPG

DSC00681.JPG

• Like 5

Thanks for the news and infos man looking like the girls have some nice wide fat leaves on the photos? They should have a good boost now with the repot it will be nice to see how stretchy they get.

Have a good grow keep us updated ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was interested in this combination of Superbud&Trainwreck because I expect it to be quite familiar with the fine CABOOSE - a Californian strain made with the Big Bud (Salmon Creek) with Trainwreck. That is indeed a very unique type of ganja plant. It develops a ton of broad wide leafs with a short distance between internodes. The scent is also unique but best is the effect-a 10 minute trip High evolves into a deep narcotic body stone, that will relax you so strong you may fall asleep.

So Super Bud and Big Bud are probably from the same family. The plants I got now are also producing wide, broad and large leaves-easy to spot among other strains but the internode distance is longer with a strict top bud getting ready. For the short time they are in flower they pack a punch into the bud development. Hope to see more buds on the laterial sides soon... Sadly the tent is packed, so I cannot top these 4 atm. Next time maybe. Anyway. Looking healthy and quite uniform - astonishing for Test seeds. The differences come from various pot sizes.. 

Pix will follow soon

• Like 4

As promised here are a few pix from the plants. 2 are in the middle towards the end of the tent and 2 in front. Interesting are the broad leaves and the fast growing flowers - round like knobs. Medium sized . anyway will watch the development closely...

DSC00682.JPGDSC00685.JPGDSC00686.JPG

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Not yet able to tell. They just start to give some nice aroma and 3 out of 4 are at least decent, one is definitely not satisfying in terms of height, flowering and won't give more than 10 grams or so. One is really nice and overall that strain ain't bad I guess. Of course the SLEX was a lot more productive and for whatever reasons I need Sativa to come to results, that do more than simply cover the costs.This ain't the fault of the genetics just a bad timing, Usually I got 3 or 4 plants per month and now the tent is full with 10 plants and it doesn't seem to bring much more than 100 grams and it took/takes 3 month plus to reap them.I need stronger genetics, less plants, longer vegged and topped to make up for this.. But thanks to Barney's I already got a very nice BLUE CHEESE and 3 TOP DAWGS vegged for more than a month and topped , that I put in flower this week, so one by one I can make up for this disappointing grow . I still got 6 beans left of the Test seeds, so depending on the effect I will grow these later and hopefully get bigger and better results.

Anyway. they are healthy and the buds are nice round with an enticing aroma. Look and judge yourself..

First I show 3 on the left hand side, one is in the middle. I changed that and showed 2 more closely, the middle one alone and finally the most disapointing with a different bud shape-not round - small straight sized..If it doesn't get a punch in the remaining time that will probably give lessthan 10 grams...sigh..

What I do like is the amount of fluffy round buds around the middle of the plants-pictures don't really show that. 3 have that unique round bud structure I really like, one is looking more like the Blueberry Chesecake's I also grow - only the aroma tells me what is what. Overall they are pretty uniform, one is light green, most have a darker green look.

If you grow these make sure you veg them really long and do some LST-not sure about topping - just letting them grow is not enough to get fat results.For whatever reasons  I have too many low yields with Indicas - Probably a SOG might be a great way to grow this strain...

DSC00687.JPG

DSC00688.JPG

DSC00689.JPG

DSC00690.JPG

• Like 3

Well Bam, first a cuestion if I may,  4000 w HPS? Its that correct or its a 400w HPS? 

If it is 400 I have the same setup and maybe I can share some of my conclussions. The issue has been always for me the penetration of the light. I dont grow staight up anymore for that reason, always lst or taking the top of or main linning. Also trimming the big leafs helps, indic strains with those fat leafs dont let the light pass thru to the second level and in short veg inferior branches dont really develop quickly witkout some help. In my opinion best results indoor come fron the scrog, less plants but longer veg, and its pays of beacuse you get an even surface for the light to hit and all at the same height.  

A way to maybe get a little bit more un your situation is to harvest first the top and then mive the litght closer and let the rest flower a couple of weeks 

See you brother

• Like 1

These plants will look really beautiful. Although I agree that they seem unproductive, maybe the system used, or simply the genetics itself. We will review all the tests and also assess the quality.

Some strains like Flower Bomb Kush, are also not very productive ... but it does not matter, because they are incredibly delicious lol

You already know the tricks, a SOG with indices in the best way to get great productions in the interior. It is even preferable to avoid branched plants and use only plants with good central bud (Pure Kush for example).

Sea like the sea, your plants look great. Sure in a few days, those buds fatten a little more (they will not be big, that's obvious, but something more if). I also practical LST, for me it's the best :)

Regards!

• Like 3

Thanks brothers - I knew before that my way of growing is not very productive but due to a) great genetics I get top quality results and usually I was steadily filling up the tent with as many plants as possible. That made Scrogs and SOG a no no. This time it was different cause I only had left 6 beans - 2 Lemon Kush + 2 Blueberry Cheesecake from female seeds left over and 2 DAMNESIA. So I started these after the last decent yield. I would have ordered new seeds long time already but was waiting for the test seeds. So I had 6 young plants in Veg/early flower until I finally got the Test seeds and so I added another 4 of these. Problem number one - The very productive Lemon Kush is the worst genetic I ever grew, Leaves all over buds hidden beneath, not sticky, hardly any aroma- I made oil from it last time and they do not look promising again shortly before harvest in a week or two-so that is a big disappointment-Their Automatic KUSH was excellent and gave me up to 40 grams. No idea why the fem KUSH is such a slouch ! The Blueberry Cheesecake smells exactly like the cake and is top notch weed BUT not productive.The Test seeds are better yielders. The Amnesia takes forever and is not of the same quality it once was imo. The Test seeds back in the days were too great and a pack of 10 I grew 2 years ago was also more sticky with longer fatter colas but I guess I will have to wait 111 weeks at least- There is some juice and aroma nowafter 40 days in flower. The Super Bud&Trainwreck seems to shift gears after the last feeding. Who knows how they all look around christmas time or around new year. I started to top and Vegged the next bunch really good-more than1 month under 400 MH now first week under HPS. It also seems to me that the Reflektor I got in the tent with the prism acting like a cool tube allows plants to grow very close towards the light is not ideal for Indicas, I get stronger and bigger plants with a regular reflektor, The room is much hotter and the distance from top to lamb is at least 30 cm furtther away forcing the plants to grow taller...

• Like 2

I think the best for your style of growing would be to be in 12/12 always like i use to do and like jose did as well, 8-9L pots for everybody sativa or indica, and you can just harvest and add seeds whenever you want, and get good decent result with any strains, count they will veg more or less 20 days before showing sex and start the stretch and end up with good size most of the time. It would suit you pretty good i believe ;)

There are a few very nice frosty buds visible by now. From now on I feed them RIPEN. After watering and a closer detection I noticed the Super Bud  & Trainwreck to be okay in vitality. They are just a it over 40 days in flower-so we'll see the final development later this month/early january..These yellow 400 Watt HPS make it difficult to take pictures that match , what I actually see. A lot more frost. The other fotos I took show even less frost - so just 1 left to show off.

DSC00692.JPG

• Like 1