hi, all of u / try to find unique strain

Zeq

hi, i am an indonesian hidden grower :-). its been for a years from the beginning i've start to do this. follow my passion. all my friends here call me a mad-scientist (but im not a scientist). i have a huge dream to found some unique shape strain, so we no need to plant it indoor again which it very expensive cost. i only have 1 and only regular seeds, its a ruderalis indica from sensi seeds. its not easy to buy seeds here since the government decide to buy 3d x-ray machine. my newest experiment that was totally fail is crosses : (((ruderalis indica x GHS NL5 haze mist) x barneys farm Dr. Grinspoon) x dutch passion frisian duck). she is become / looks like a sativa. the unique branch from NL5 haze mist is gone, the unique buds from Dr. Grinspoon is gone and the duck leave is also. #huffffftakeadeepbreath. could anyone give me some advice to?

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum mate,

NL is one of my favorite varieties, so you certainly get a good taste in their crosses :)

I can not advise you on crosses with "automatic" because never did ..... varieties But surely some forero can provide advice.

Regards!

hi jose.gh

yes, you are right, my experiment # 1 : even it fail to give me a unique shape strain but it really F good in taste, its so high, LOL.

and i am agreed with you with GHS NL.

no one, could produce a very good strain except GSH, i am talking about a very huge yielding and taste.

i adore all GSH product, specially SuperBud, BigBangAuto, GreenOmatic, just while i really out of money, i'll come to Kera Seeds for Royal Queen Diamond, im so sorry GSH :-)

• Like 1

Each time you perform any male/female cross, the result will be a plethera of seeds with ever-widening and differing phenotypes.

In order for you to begin to develop a strain with specific characteristics, you must perform selection via:

1.  Separating plants with undesired characteristics and no longer including those plants in future crossing or induced female crossing.  (They can be further grown for their harvest, but not for their seeds or clones.)  This step alone could involve many generations or years of work.

2.  Growing and maintaining mothers who do exhibit the desired phenotype characteristics.  Testing the viability of those mothers by growing the clones from those mothers to check their final results.  The mothers of undesireable clones should be also excluded.

3.  The above processes require many generations of work.  It also requires great discipline on your part, and almost assuredly, it will require a large and professional setup similar to what Greenhouse or other big commercial seed developers have.

4.  Eventually (after many generations of selections), you will need to master the art of feminizing the finally selected plants and begin crossing the females against clones from the same mother (not against clones of different mothers; crossing clones from different mothers who themselves are not clones from the same mother introduces genetic variety similar to male/female crossing).  Repeating this process again and again (all the while excluding undesireables), you will begin to stabilize the strain into a feminized strain.  This procedure will need to be repeated also over generations for stabilization.

What you want to do is not easy.  You may be lucky to get a few plants that exhibit desireable characteristics, but if you do not follow through with the rest of the procedures, the strain will be quickly lost.

In general, male/female crossing, even crossing females who themselves are not clones from the same mother will introduce genetic variety, causing subsequent generations of offspring to approach the original wild form of Cannabis.