First time coco

Henrik

Hi there.. Hope all is well?.. My question is on coco... Im starting my bubba kush fem on indoor hydro setup.. But only for  mother plants and to keep cuttings and veg.. Will be moving them outdoor to flower...i have made up a soilless mix of coco,  perlite,  rock phosphate,  dolomite lime,  diatomeceous earth,  mycorizhae and turbo grow...could add more bt dont wana overdo it coz i plan stick my clones in this mix also... I want to feed them on fish emulsion,  seaweed,  nd molasses for veg, and bat guano, seaweed nd molasses for flowering...i want to set them on a feeding regimen of 200-300ml every 2nd or 3rd day,  bt for this reason i dont want make full strength ratios.. Could u help me with this?..is ther any problems with what im tryin to do?...would i need anymore added nutrients and fertilizer?...havnt tried the soilmix so would like to know ur input on it... Thanks.. Hav so many questions bt lets deal with this first 

im never use a coco, but as i read your post...yes, im sure i wont to use coco...wow, its that difficult to us coco? LOL. i am using an super-aquaphonic since the very first time, and i never thinking to use another methods, this is the best and simple.

Hi zaq..i dont believe its difficult..ive neva used it before and just need sum advice or jst need to know if im on the right track with my soil mixture and the way i want to fertilize...i love growing outdoor jst neva done it in pots,  well i did once wen i was a student still,  experimented with a wick system that i kept on my windowsill, using small pots and 2lt bottles..it ws a great experiment, in that time also had dwc system  that i made myself...fell in love with that..still keeping to it.

hi hendrik...I AM SO F JEALOUS with everyone which lives on a country that cannabis is legal. this is totally not fair. while we are dreaming to plant it outside, they are face the fact. plant it outside is the super-simple method of all, no need bla-bla-bla which make so depression and very cheap in cost also...

right now, i am so in high-passion for learning all about cannabis, join with trusted community and forum about cannabis, hopefully will be legal soon

So zaq i take it u from south africa also, or wher u from....hey man after all the years of growing ive neva let the illegality get to me,  feels legal to me...Bt we dont need to worry,  it wo t be long...People in our country are starting to see the major benefits of medical marijuana,  especially our elderly..ive bn providing my family nd sum friends parents for a while now... They becoming more open..bt it should be tolerated for religous and medicinal purposes only,  not legalized...we dont want our government to take over our medicine...its big business  and it will happen if its legalized

HI...i am from somewhere in south-east asia, sorry im not share my country in a public forum, but an private email, i do. its very very very danger in here, they can throw you on a jail for 20 years even you have only half gram of buds!, and im sure you know how bad life going on a jail, bad food and bla-bla-bla its all bad, and the worst ofcourse a sodomi. LOL! it so F jail here. in here, im not sharing or even talk to anyone, even my butt did'nt know that i plant a cannabis. i use for my self and make it ultra-super-duper-secret. let me tell u, pal...i have a working room on my house, i dont let anyone to enter / peeping that room...on my working room i have secret room, that i use for making some electronic tools, a kind of my hobby...and on my secret room, i have another secret room that i use for biology lab where i plant all my strain.

Henrik,

I'm not an expert on the use of coco, but there are some here who are.  I'll put a link in your intro thread to link others directly here, and maybe the coco experts might see that and bring you some good info.

I do know something about maintaining mother plants though.  It comes from my own hydro-in-Rockwool-Vegg tent.  And that is:  For maintaining the mothers, you don't want high intensity lighting, otherwise your mothers will out grow your tent and outgrow your processes.  A couple Fluorescent Cool White bulbs is sufficient to maintain mothers in slow-growth, and they are easier on your pocketbook.

Hi Henrik,

Well i am not a user of coco pure neither, i use to mix with soil to give it a bit more of air but never alone. What i know from the coco is that it is a sterile medium, theorically there is absolutely no microbial life in the coco and it can not survive very long by itself if you introduce in coco neither. So i dont know if the choice of organic nutrients like you are using is best for you. I Could be wrong but i dont think the medium will alow your nutrient to transform like it should to be available to the plant if there is no microlife in your medium. for that you would need to add some soil to it probably. 

Im not saying coco and organic will not work, but just that it will not get the best out of your nutrient line.

Beside this for the waterings and all the rest you will need to adjust the frequency to your valuables in the grow, but most of the times with coco is daily watering anyway.

Good luck in this man!

• Like 1

Hi guys. Thanks for ur responses.  Hav been doin sum research yes.. Do understand that i hav to add microbial life to coco,  thats wher the mycorizhae rock phosphate, rock dust and all the other things come in..do hav extra add ons,  bt will experiment. And as they say, the key to success is failure..bt will keep up to date on my trails  

• Like 1

Hi cannabissapien,  hope u well?..im doin my mothers in dwc,  under a 80 watt cfl,  clones under 4 4 foot floros with a 30watt aquariam light,  flowering is done outdoors,  our weather is way too good to let that sunlight go to waste

• Like 2