Great white shark Girl Scout cookies black D.O.G led coco

Stop wasting your seeds until you fine tune the problem. Stop Germing! Figure out what's wrong..i want you to succeed for more than 1 reason..a little out of selfishness to be honest..i know you have to be low on funds since your expecting a newborn..but i truly believe if you can get by this phase with everything against you. I did you can too..STOP germination of more seeds lets correct the problem first!

BMG

Once you understand what your doing wrong and correct it then germ and throw away all you want.. Stop germing and lets figure out what your doing wrong. I say this because when i first started learning i went through $600 worth of seeds and had to order again when i did get it tuned in and was able to figure out what i waa doing wrong..Stop wasting seeds if your funds are low!

I hear what your saying. I've gone back to using canna products as that's what I'm used too the DNA coco I didn't empty bag and mix it up so the cork was at bottom of bag the coco has held too much water in there and needs watering every 5 days by which time the top half is bone dry and bottom still sodden so the ph in coco gets too low and sulphuric I flushed them  five days ago and gave them canna feed they instantly thanked me for it.they are nearly rooted well into pot so will repot them into canna coco like my new seeds and will get better results I thought I'd give DNA mills nutrients a bash as it was a free sample just gonna go back and stick to what I know! The new ones are going into their own tent when they get bigger. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mungbean79 said:

I hear what your saying. I've gone back to using canna products as that's what I'm used too the DNA coco I didn't empty bag and mix it up so the cork was at bottom of bag the coco has held too much water in there and needs watering every 5 days by which time the top half is bone dry and bottom still sodden so the ph in coco gets too low and sulphuric I flushed them  five days ago and gave them canna feed they instantly thanked me for it.they are nearly rooted well into pot so will repot them into canna coco like my new seeds and will get better results I thought I'd give DNA mills nutrients a bash as it was a free sample just gonna go back and stick to what I know! The new ones are going into their own tent when they get bigger. 

Great!! Im glad you didn't abandon it! Im on the side lines rooting for you to win!

Well after all the troubles I have had with ph dropping too low and stunted growth coz of it. I decided to try mills nutrients another go but changed my coco to gold label 60/40 coco/hydroton claypebbles gave them a feed of ec 0.9 and ph 5.9 and after first feed 2 days later they all lol a lot happier. My favourite of the lot of which was the only one I managed to get pic of before misses moaned saying I've been up their too long! ?? is the baby twin GSC she is doing very well only 2-3" above coco she split herself and has 4 tops to her! A little comparison photo of the differenc after giving mills nutrients and change of coco. 

C9E541DF-7631-46F6-B741-446C257DF65F.jpg

• Like 1

@I'm Sal cheers mate! They ran into problem in the start I thought it was DNA mills nutrients that was the problem as my first time trying it when in actual fact I didn't get on with their coco. I like what I've seen from one feed. I my next grow I'm going to mix up some charge (insect frass) into the coco and use some great white mycorrhizae. And use green planet terpinator in flower. Just gonna see what this does on its own first I like the way mills nutrients are organic and you can use it on soil coco and hydro! What I don't like they don't tell you what's in it!

• Like 1

Repotted these on Sunday they were looking very sorry for themselves you can see on the Black D.O.G lowers how unhappy they were but since repot change of different type of coco and different feed fed at same levels! They have improved no end in 4 days the growth has been exceptional gonna give them 2 more weeks at this rate!IMG_1325.JPGBlack D.O.G pheno 1IMG_1327.JPGBlack D.O.G pheno 2IMG_1328.JPGviper cookies IMG_1329.JPGGirls Scout Cookies big twinIMG_1319.JPGBaby twin Girl Scout Cookies

• Like 1

Hi Mungbean glad your plants are doing better.

Ive grown with leds and coco before so I thought I might offer a little advice.

The deformed leaves could be the plant getting used to your led light. This happened to me and the plant adjusted and grew out of it with no bad side effects.

If you are new to coco be careful of the brand you buy. Ive seen many people complain about the salt content of there coco. When trying a new brand its a good idea to run pure water through it then test the ec of the runoff before planting or adding nutrients.

I recommend using coco bricks made by botanicare. Ive never had salt problems with botanicare coco. The bricks also seem less likely to have bugs that sneak in during shipping and handling from the producer to the grow shop. There easy to use just need the bricks and some perlite to make your own mix.

Are you using beneficial bacteria or a sanitizing product?

• Like 1

Hey @Chris97223 hope you're good thanks for your advice. this is my second grow with spectrum king led from seed. But not new to coco been using it 18yrs I have used and liked canna coco decided to give DNA coco with cork a go wasn't for me I'm now using gold label 60/40 coco hydroton clay pebbles which I like and they seem happier! Although I have noticed a mild salt build up on second feed! I will give those bricks a go next time sound a good idea thanks for the pointer I may also add some clay pebbles in too as I like the aeriation for the roots and some insect frass and use great white mycorrhizae. At the moment I picked up a sample pack off DNA mills nutrients to try they seem a lot happier on same ec levels as when I was feeding them canna nutes of which I've had a love hate relationship with over the years lol. I might get some great white mycorrhizae in the next few days start using it with this lot all I have used other than the sample pack is some cannazym 

The higher end great white shark is a good idea. One thing I have noticed is the lower heat from led lights will slow the intake of water making your coco more vulnerable to mold or bad bacteria when transplanting. The company I got my light from even suggests using fabric containers to increase drying of the medium and oxygen intake because of lower heat levels. Ive used clay pebbles before but have found it gets salt build up way to easily.

• Like 1

@Chris97223 out of interest what led did you use? Ive got spectrum king 300 &400w when she put both on temps according to my greenhouse thermometer and digital hygrometer says it's 34-36c although when I sit unde the lights it feels a lot more comfortable than that. I hear you on the clay pebbles I'll just run water through them once a week to keep under control. 

Thanks for the news man the plants should get a nice boost with the bigger pot :)  And for botnicare i tried there line of nute also and it pretty nice, i dont know about their coco tho ^^

Have a good grow man!

The light I use is a Phytomax 600 made by a company called black dog led. lol I thought that was what you were using when I saw the name of your grow.

It's 600 watts (true 600 watts not a 600 watt equivalent) It uses 5 watt leds including UV spectrum.

You can check out blackdogled.com for the specifics.

It's very bright and I find it to be equal or above a 600w hps. 

These lights are made for growing cannabis most of the pictures on the website and growing info are for cannabis growing.

My only problem with the light is you have to filter the intake air if you want it to last a long time because it uses 6 computer size fans to cool it and if you don't filter the intake air the inside would get dusty quickly. The 600 watt unit I got cost 1,800.00 USD so yea you will want it to last awhile.

• Like 1

I have looked at them and they and a uk company budmaster uk were the only other ones I was interested in but very few places in uk sell them and coz of that shipping charges make it unaffordable the spectrum king has no fans (supposedly has its own cooling system) but my 400+ eq. To 1000w runs at lowest 23c depending on outside temps and sometimes goes into the 30s my last crop I had both my 300&400 in 1.2sqm tent with temps at 32 added a exhale bag for CO2 didn't seem to affect it makes me think that you can get away with running higher temps with LED I have found you need a fan blowing directly upward to the fitting to keep hot air from canopy although to hand it doesn't feel uncomfortable whatsoever. The Black D.O.G is a newish strain by humboldt seed organization 7week flower they were som freebies I have as tempted to buy but got 2 when I ordered some cinderella99 Brothers Grimm 

hi

in reading the post before last, where you said you can get away with

higher temps i think you are spot on, i remember watching a video

saying the same, with HID lighting the light penation is more intense

with this the air temp of 75 keeps internal temps of plant to 85

with led an 85 air temp is needed to to heat the internal flesh of the

plant to 85. if i manage to find this video again il post it for ya

peace

• Like 1

Just poked my head in to tent I have 8 seedlings in there. 

When I started my Girl Scout cookies they came out a bit deformed and bleached like I thought it was genetic issues but a couple of my new seedlings are doing the same thing makes me think that some strains are a bit sensitive to LED light may put my propegator tent up with fluorescents in to see if that help them get on a healthy track. 

• Like 1

IMG_1402.JPGNot being much to report part from for some reason I've noticed my fittings have been on 24hrs I must have knocked the switch on timer I've left it like that didn't know whether putting back to 18/6 would make them confused or do it gradually!

I'm debating to put them into flower next week the week after. I mixed up some ecothrive charge into my coco for the seedlings and sprinkled potting holes with great white mycorrhizae hoping they will have a boost and catch up with others. Hope to be able to put them in flower at same time to fill in gaps if not they will go in another tent under 400w mh till they are ready hoping out of the 6 I have and least 3 females

IMG_1397.JPG

IMG_1398.JPG

This is the runt of the twin GSC biggest of all my plants she makes me want to give her the tent to herself she is going mental loving mills nutrients want to give them 2 more weeks vegbut the way she's going think it may only make another week! Tied the 4 branches down to the corner of pots to open. Her up and get all branches light. 

IMG_1430.JPG

• Like 1