Cheese X White Widow From Argentina

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!

Hello partners! Well after almost a month of absence I was able to start everything up again.

Transplanting one of the girls from her pot of 4 liters to a 25 liters that will be the target of the modular scrog.

LEdlGL9.jpg

Here is a picture of how the bread is with the Mad Rocket pots those slots make them the same pot to, in theory, guide the rots so that they grow down and not the sides. Unfortunately the root development is not what I expected after almost 2 months.

The other 3 remaining transplant to pots of 10 lts.

QsrXmBa.jpg

Now that they are in their final home are under a piranha led panel Tesla 360. in a photoperiod of 12 hours of light 5 hours of darkness, one hour of light again, and 5 hours more of darkness.

In these days I will be setting the mesh for the scrog since with those had previously were small: /

• Like 4

12 on + 5 off + 1 on + 5 off = 23 hours   (1 hour is missing there somewhere)

But nevermind that.  I too don't understand the reason for this lighting schedule.  Are you still lighting part-time with the sun and otherwise with a lamp?

If so, I think it would be better to try to keep the lighting times contiguous, completing a single lighting period every 24-hours, otherwise it could stress the plant to hermie.  This could also be a reason that the root development is not meeting your satisfaction. 

Another possibility for the underdeveloped roots is that if the pots are sitting in the sun, the plastic surface could be getting too warm.  Wrapping the pot loosely with a newspaper would help to reduce the heat absorption of the pot when it sits in the sun.

• Like 1

On 23/12/2016 at 7:37 AM, Dust said:

Hello man, Thanks a lot for the news and photos, can i ask you why you give 5 hours of dark and then 1 of light? 

On 24/12/2016 at 9:07 PM, Cannabissapean said:

12 on + 5 off + 1 on + 5 off = 23 hours   (1 hour is missing there somewhere)

But nevermind that.  I too don't understand the reason for this lighting schedule.  Are you still lighting part-time with the sun and otherwise with a lamp?

If so, I think it would be better to try to keep the lighting times contiguous, completing a single lighting period every 24-hours, otherwise it could stress the plant to hermie.  This could also be a reason that the root development is not meeting your satisfaction. 

Another possibility for the underdeveloped roots is that if the pots are sitting in the sun, the plastic surface could be getting too warm.  Wrapping the pot loosely with a newspaper would help to reduce the heat absorption of the pot when it sits in the sun.

Hello colleagues, thx for the words, the issue with the 12/5/1 light period are as follows

1.- It is not advisable to use the led panels for more than 20 hours, and I really want to stretch the useful life as much as possible.
2.- is actually 12/5: 30/1/5: 30.
3.- I read there on the internet, that this photoperiod helps the growth of secondary branches.
With respect to the root development had not thought that it was the matter of temperature to be outside and more being the black pots.
Unfortunately I no longer have the possibility of putting them directly in the sun, and the mesh is armed and this week begins the placement and the

• Like 2

Very interesting.  I had never heard of a variable/alternating light schedule being used for the purpose of encouraging secondary branches.  This may be new to some others in here as well, I dont know.  

But I love learning things new, so I will definitely sit back and watch this technique unfold.

Dust, have you or any of the SH/GHS developers ever heard of this before?  If not, maybe we are being exposed to a new technique with the promise of increasing production.  We'll just have to wait and see.

OR experiment on a batch and a control group and compare the results.

Bubureload, if you still have access to the internet source of this information, a link would certainly be appreciated.

(Note:  12 hours ON + 5,5 hours off + 1 hour ON + 5,5 hours off = 24 hours.   With a total of 13 hours ON during each 24 hours, this sounds at first glance to be insufficient energy during Vegg-phase; or maybe it is intended as only an interim treatment during Vegg, and after the desired effect is achieved, the lighting is returned to 20 hours.  However, if this is used during the flowering phase, my next big concern is whether the interruption of the dark-time might disrupt the flowering reaction or even cause hermying.) 

Don't get burned... Careful with that Axe, Eugene. 

Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rov-STc48FA

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cannabissapean said:

Very interesting.  I had never heard of a variable/alternating light schedule being used for the purpose of encouraging secondary branches.  This may be new to some others in here as well, I dont know.  

But I love learning things new, so I will definitely sit back and watch this technique unfold.

Dust, have you or any of the SH/GHS developers ever heard of this before?  If not, maybe we are being exposed to a new technique with the promise of increasing production.  We'll just have to wait and see.

OR experiment on a batch and a control group and compare the results.

Bubureload, if you still have access to the internet source of this information, a link would certainly be appreciated.

(Note:  12 hours ON + 5,5 hours off + 1 hour ON + 5,5 hours off = 24 hours.   With a total of 13 hours ON during each 24 hours, this sounds at first glance to be insufficient energy during Vegg-phase; or maybe it is intended as only an interim treatment during Vegg, and after the desired effect is achieved, the lighting is returned to 20 hours.  However, if this is used during the flowering phase, my next big concern is whether the interruption of the dark-time might disrupt the flowering reaction or even cause hermying.) 

Don't get burned... Careful with that Axe, Eugene. 

Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rov-STc48FA

Good morning colleagues, regarding the queries about the period of light that begins to use, I did not find the original page from where I read it, but if I discovered that it is called photoperiod of Reinhard Delp, here is a brief description.

Saturday, 29 January 2011 03:30 Written by Joseph R. Pietri
How to reduce the cost of growing cannabis saving 30-50% on your electricty bill using the 12-1 lighting schedule.
The biggest innovator in the history of cannabis in my generation is Reinhard Delp. Not only did he invent and is the holder of the patent for ice water extraction, he has been building flower forcers since 1992. His new solar powered Sun-gate is the leader of the industry. He was the first to feminize seeds and sell them in Europe in the late 90’s. His process was done naturally, without the use of any chemicals.

No one is more copied but seldom matched than Mr. Delp, who to me is the top grower of our generation. The first time he impressed me he showed me 2 plants, planted next to one another, 1 completely covered in powdery mildew, the other completely clean and beautiful. He was developing mildew and mold resistant genetics.

In the late 90’s Reinhard brought back the gas lantern routine that you find in any college grade horticulture book, and applied it to cannabis. Cannabis needs only 13 hours to stay in the vegetative growth stage. The 18-6 lighting schedule in vegetation, actually stress your plants, that never get that much light in one-day outdoors. Cannabis is an outdoor plant. Growing indoors you should copy how it grows outdoors. No Cannabis growing in Afghanistan gets 18 hours of light in growth pattern. Most strains today have some part Indica in their genetic pool. Even equatorial strains don’t get 18 hours of sun a day.

The 12-1 lighting schedule is as follows 12 hours lights on, 5.5 lights off, 1-hour lights on, 5.5 lights off, and repeat schedule. The 1 hour on in between off period fools the plants that stay in vegetative growth state! Your immediate savings are 5 hours in energy costs daily, as well as your bulbs and equipment lasting longer. But how do the plants react to this lighting schedule?

You see immediate growth response from your plants, they are happy from the added rest time. By day 14 the plants tripled in size. The plants are bushy with twice as many bud sites without topping or bending, In fact when you top and stretch your plants out, you get many more bud sites than you would have had under 18-6 using same procedure of topping and stretching plant, your growing bigger and better and faster.

So your saving 5 hours daily in energy costs, as well as your excellerated growth pattern which also saves you time and energy and equipment use. 

In the flowering stage, never use 12-12, start your flowering period at 11 hours on 13 hours off. When your are growing outdoors each day you get less and less sun light, you should copy the way the sun acts naturally in your indoor grow. So first 2 weeks of flower you go 11 on 13 off, the next 2 weeks you go down to 10.5 on 13.5 off, next 2 weeks 10 on 14 off, next two weeks 9.5 on 14.5 off and the last weeks of flower you should be at 9 hours on and 15 hours off. You’ll get bigger and better buds by copying the way the sun light works on cannabis outdoors. 

Cannabis is an outdoor plant and you should copy the way it grows outdoors indoors. The only thing that 18-6, and then 12-12 lighting schedule's do is make the energy companies rich as well as the people who sell lights and equipment, the more you use the more you spend. 12-1 lighting schedule is a more natural way to grow indoors and you well have the best results you have ever had and save as much as 50% in energy costs.

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing the info man, it will be interesting to see what results you get, the best would of course to be able to have a clone of the same plant with a regular cycle and see how it does. I have always wanted to try cycle that are not of 24h myself, to see how it would change but for the moment didnt get the oportunity to try it. 

Well good luck with this looking forward to it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys!  long time no see. A lot of time has passed since the last update. Fortunately everyone goes on wheels. Excellent health and very good growth.

Here I have some photos of the improved mesh for the modular scrog.

01-01-71

17sudeS.jpg

YzlUTCX.jpg

14 days later are the plants

OdfoenL.jpg

HbLO9cW.jpg

y7vmnMh.jpg

61SMJNH.jpg

The next photos are going to be with the lights off, you can not see the scrog well.

Things I see improved, in the light being stronger and being in a more direct way is causing the plant to branch quite a bit. For the next photos will be more detailed. Surely you have 2 more semamans to pass them to 12/12

• Like 3

Hello! Very interesting the Reinhard Delp´s photoperiod. I tried one time, but without exit... Other people have expressed hermaphrodite problems, so definitely I decide not to try it a second time.

What panel model are you using? It seems interesting :)

Cheers

• Like 1

Thanks for the news man  nice short internoed on that plant you are holding and nice sharp leaves :)

The LEDs are for sure getting better and better and i hope for you that you will have good result with it!

Have a good grow and keep us updated ;)

19 hours ago, Jose.gh said:

Hello! Very interesting the Reinhard Delp´s photoperiod. I tried one time, but without exit... Other people have expressed hermaphrodite problems, so definitely I decide not to try it a second time.

What panel model are you using? It seems interesting :)

Cheers

14 hours ago, Dust said:

Thanks for the news man  nice short internoed on that plant you are holding and nice sharp leaves :)

The LEDs are for sure getting better and better and i hope for you that you will have good result with it!

Have a good grow and keep us updated ;)

Thanks for the words Conpadres, Respect to the panel is a Piranha tesla 360 with the following specifications.

SOURCE OF LIGHT CHIP COB EPISTAR AND BRIDGELUX
NUMBER OF CHIPS 4 PIECES COB OF 90W
SPECTRUM ISSUED 380 - 750NM
TYPE OF COVERAGE FULL SPECTRUM

Regarding the internodal distance, I am very satisfied with the short distance. Something that was not getting in the other crops. I think it's due to the LED.

• Like 1

News compadres!
Yesterday pass to the 12/12 period, within 15/20 days you will surely make the change at 11: 30/12: 30 and keep lowering the light hours to reach 10 hours of light and 14 hours of darkness.
The reason for this is to simulate the summer / fall photoperiod, in addition to saving hours of light, lowering temperatures, and extending the useful life of the lights.

LFAKEjR.jpg

As I promised here are photos without the invation of the violet panel light.

Q5OOQgM.jpg

To the 10lts pots, remove all the low branches and leave some to make clones.

Are molded with wire and some other cropping.

GtrpOfF.jpg

It has a ring to open and the branches receive as much light as possible.

Q5OOQgM.jpg

As you can appreciate I like to experiment with plants and try to take advantage of the maximum of the strange space with which I count.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! We continue with the follow-up

After almost 15 days of 12/12 already begin to show preflowers

5PajCbs.jpg

UpZl3mu.jpg

nsGTKSx.jpg

Definitely the Scrog is cultivation system to take advantage of the little penetration of the led

V66lE7O.jpg

The other plants are growing favorably. From this week I will start fertilizing via fertilizers.

1t4QvMV.jpg

BKvQFua.jpg

HjzqjwD.jpg

I'm still not sure which fertilizer line to pay, Green House feeding seems to me to be correct for Green house plants.
But also I draw much attention the line of Nutrients Advance with its perfect PH. Any recommendations from you?

Thx for the advice, these days I'm starting with fertilization.

Okey, now in a review note that they had a period of 90 days, and takes about 19 days of flowering already.

There is not much to add except that the plants are advancing favorably.

4nmiG67.jpg

VplxAWF.jpg

Gdlej7R.jpg

o38Al6s.jpg

NLAl0K7.jpg

4pjmaE3.jpg

p5nvW97.jpg

Another thing that can be observed that some develop more branches than the others

• Like 1

Hello compadres, I started with the fertilization with powder feeding and the truth that as comrade atanasius said the change is incredible in a very short period

xa01geo.jpgLTuVh60.jpg

The plants continue advancing well, I had not taken into account that they have only 3 weeks of flowering and I was despairing not to see a good development like that of other colleagues.

tShjKOl.jpgkDv7MWf.jpgLtBOahK.jpgcfen7La.jpgdN7eHum.jpg

The truth that there is not much to add, are currently being fertilized with feeding and Carbomax from Grotek

itpOSs0.jpg

MpmvfjV.jpg

t3lYPnm.jpg

GKiVNfc.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello colleagues, I have news, because the space was getting smaller and the plants were very crowded, I decided to put a tent of 1 mt X 1mt x 2 mts. The plants are now much better distributed the light arrives couple at 3 and I am happier

iq28Caj.jpg

With regard to fertilising I am giving them 1g of powder feeding and 1g of carbomax diluted in 1 liters of water. The scrog receives 2 liters of water per irrigation and the other 1 liters, is watered every 5 days

Fortunately they are advancing more than well the plants are already starting to release a sweet aroma, I do not know if it is due to genetics or Carbomax.

UuGOQCH.jpgr4HTD3x.jpgK14F5C1.jpghnwirKg.jpgErywHah.jpgj2LDsms.jpgU6ALHrI.jpg

And finally some macro photos, they are not with much increase but can distinguish the trichomes

a5HPWrp.jpg9tbKOKn.jpglwoIxri.jpg

• Like 2

UPDATE

Good friends, after making a vacation getaway to the lands of colleagues close to the sea and observing the other plants of the same genetics and being able to savor those sweet aromas of White Widow I realize that my girls are on the right track.

Regarding the plants, they already have 43 days of flora, go for 6 weeks on 12/12, I take 5 weeks of flowering since the first week appeared the first preflows, I continue to supplement with Powder Feeding for at least 2 weeks more. Then perform a root wash.

SCROG

oZYsqyN.jpgCASESLq.jpg8lqK1XT.jpgTNhTOku.jpg

OTHERS

edxBcoe.jpgR2p1zbe.jpgAw4LdAy.jpg

ZMal23i.jpgVBrSStE.jpg61UoXbC.jpg

R6xIqQX.jpgpX3uRMx.jpg4O9Vqw8.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good companions, here we bring new photographs, there is not much to add, some branches are being overcome by the weight of the buds, I had to put some tutors and others to hang them from the ceiling, I am very happy with the final stage of these beautiful plants, really One of the best crops I had, until now.

Already start washing roots

xtvU8aK.jpgSCHbrKp.jpgBxe0swg.jpg7pDbDaX.jpgkOivVve.jpgc0Ha0ti.jpg

• Like 2