Mother plant better in soil or hydro??

Mormo

Couple questions for the ppl that keep mother plants for long periods of time!! To start off I have never had Mother plants and I would just start from seed then take a couple clones off each then put it in flower. 

So my question is would it be better to keep them in soil or would dwc be ok for the long haul?? I'm going to build a room just for the mothers with led lights and keep the flower room run on dwc with 1000w hps. Just don't want to run into problems later on with the roots of the mothers.  I have plenty of room for whatever the best way is. Any information would be helpful. 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

well for sure having mommies with hydro is more tricky because they are so vulnerable to root problem and could die in few days and lose everything, htats why i think most people like to keep them in mediums, even if they are soiless mediums like coco or whatever, it gives you a bit more protection against illness so i would prefer it to a dwc, but it doesnt mean its impossible neither, if you are absolutely sure you have a good control on your dwc feel free to do it, try to find some nice articles about how to train them and top them to benefit the branche growth. It is not so hard once you get the hand on it ;) 

Have a good grow!