What about vibrations effect on plants?

Dust

Hello guys and lgirls,

So here I am with you to feed my thirst of knowledge ^^

So I have read there and there, that music had an effect on plants, ok. But more specificly, what really act on the plants? some frequency? the melody ? the bass vibration?

I have found a very interesting article about an experimentation with tomatoes in africa, they produced a sound that was supposed to represent a specific molecule ( TAS14 supposed to be the anti-drought molecule)
So they made two field of tomatoes on the same land, one watered 2 times a day, and the over only once a day and exposed to 3 mn of that sound.

Well, according to that article, after a few weeks, the musical field was already 2times higher than the other, much more reactiv to the diseases ( healing their selves faster) and their fruits production muuuch bigger.

So to come to myself, since my first session I'm on a forum with thousands of growers, and I keep wondering why during the veg period (that's where I most see it) my plants seems to go much faster than the others! So i Know it could be due to the strain the T° hygro Light, but even someone with the same strain and amount of light add a visual differences!
So i came to the point of wondering If the 1200W rms and turntables I had in the same room could be the answer?! So everyday they have more or less 20 30mn of GOOOOD bass

Do you think guys this could be a possibility? Could I have in some of those vinyls a sound that helps my plants, vibrating with the good molecule? Or simply vibration in the pots helps the roots moving forwards, who knows...

So Please give me your impresions, experience, opinion.
express your self

Tchoussss

Music travels by vibration, so if the plants receive those impulses from a good source(a good pair or more of good speakers) I'm sure they will love it! As we do too ;)

But I dont know about specific sounds to reach specific molecules... I guess bass sounds can have a good efect on them, mine probably do. I have a nice set of studio monitors to give them basssss!

take care

Yeah for sure it can't hurt them ^^

But it would have been interesting to know if someone (I'm sure there is someone here ^^) knows, what molecule act the most in our plants at wich periode, and I'm gonna look what the web says about reproducting molecule's sound.. weird ^^

I like all this lil contest to my self ;) Knowledge is the truth :D

So everyone tell us what you know

Tchousss

• 1 year later...

well i've read a lots of article and some very interesting things don't remember where ^^

and i keep playing music everyday and if luckily the right frequency that concern Calcium or Potassium or any other molecule, passes in some of my tracks then it can't hurt them ;)

But definitly if you have time and knowledg and money it would be worth doing real researches :)

• 4 months later...

Perhaps it is a real plant music record.

the resonance of the molecules like NPK etc are already known by scientist and can easily be reproduced, the thing is the duration of the resonance which is very important to know, to not "break your plant" that they don't know really know how to use it.

Really i love that subject but is far above my competences in plant science when it comes to a certain point.

• 2 weeks later...

you can there are lots of subject on it on the web, i remember reading one that was done in africa where they experienced certains frequency that were supposed to act on the water need of the plant, and so allow africans o grow with less water and better results and it actually worked, but can't find it back now.

I'll have a better look later :)

• 3 weeks later...

About a month ago I took five clones off of my mother exodus cheese plant and popped them in some rapid rooter plugs.

My propagation tray was sitting on a table with a fan, and that fan was sending vibrations thru the table, and I could see by babies shaking from that vibration.

Well those vibrations seem to have helped the rooting process because my clones rooted in about half the time that they normly would for me.

Typically would see roots about 2 1/2 weeks after I cut.

Well this last time all five clones rooted in about a week.

Now I don't know if it was the vibrations or the strength of the mother plant, but I do know I will be doing my clones the same way from now on.

• Like 1

nice man!! thanks for your report, i guess it might be the vibration that helped, just like the air movement in the room help the plant cause the molecule are alway moving, maybe the same happened with you :)

Thanks for sharing, and good to know would need to be tested :D

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a new grower, and scientifically speaking I have nothing to back this up but, I totally believe that the plants feel the good vibes and the love and music..well that's just more good vibrations..literally. I have music plugged into a timer and when the lights come on..so do the tunes :) I leave it on a classic rock station..I'm sure they don't know Hendrix from Clapton but it's a lot of good vibes! Great to see a subject on this..thanks Dust!

• Like 1

hi man glad that you enjoyed the subject!

Today i'm very glad cause i found back the article that made me wanna looks into this very hard subject, really it starts to be far above my knowledge really quick when you dig a little into it, but still so interesting to search all those things ^^

Here is the article about the tomatoes in africa.

Musical Tomatoes

Two years ago in summer, an interesting experiment was planned in a region affected by drought in Senegal in Africa.

The aim of the experiment was to draw full potential of tomatoes with the help of music in the course of cultivation. For this purpose, a conventional radio-cassette recorder and a tape on which is recorded a melody were used. These were all the preparations.

We often hear that music is effective in promoting the growth of plants. However, no one has been able to give convincing explanations of such phenomena. It is therefore natural that most of the reactions of those who engaged in the experiment were negative: "It's joking" or "Incredible".

For comparison, two sections were prepared for cultivating tomatoes: a section with music (referred to as "music section") and a section for control without music (referred to as "control section"). Taking into consideration the results obtained in the preceding experiences, the quantity of water given to each section was different: twice a day for the control section according to the standard of the region; once a day for the music section but with music for three minutes every day.

No less than two weeks, the difference of growth became remarkable between the plants of tomato of the two sections. The difference of heights became larger and larger thereafter. When the time of crop came, the difference in number, size and appearance of fruits was apparent between the two sections. The harvest of musical tomatoes became, as a whole, twenty times more than that of the control section. Furthermore, what is to be noted is that although insects gave damages to fruits in the control section, tomatoes in the music section were left intact.

Facts are more convincing than theories. Seeing is believing.

The difference was so apparent that farmers who have observed the experiment from the beginning have completely changed their mind in the course of the experiment and even said at the end: "We have expected such good results from the beginning".

What "magic" was used to produce such remarkable effects?

The key to understand the magic consists, of course, in the melody recorded on the tape.

The melody was offered by Dr. Joel Sternheimer, a physicist in France. He has elucidated the secret or a secret, at least, of the effects of music on living creatures through the research of quantum physics and molecular biology.

According to him, the principle is as follows:

Animals and plants synthesize a number of proteins in their body. In the process of synthesis, each protein being formed emits a series of quantum-mechanical signals which are related with the amino acids sequence. By decoding the signals and transforming them into audible sounds, melodies proper to each protein are obtained, which are called, as a whole, "Protein Music". If the Protein Music is in turn played near animals or plants, the synthesis of corresponding protein is controlled through a kind of resonance phenomena. This is the essential difference of the Protein Music from that composed by human beings.

The melody used in the experiment of tomatoes in Senegal was that of TAS14.

In general, plants begin to produce a special protein when sufficient water is not available so that they can be resistive to scare water. The mechanism might be obtained in the course of evolution to survive even under severe circumstances. One of the proteins which increase resistance to water deficiency is the TAS14 of tomatoes.

By playing the melody of TAS14 near the plants of tomato, the synthesis of the protein was promoted and water resistance became increased, which has lead to good growth of plants and fruits of tomato.

Source : http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/~dr.fuk/MusTomE.html

I know you get good results with classical music, divrebbe be pretty good vibes for your plant.

I undertook an experiment done by a Japanese, where practically subjected to a test, 3 grains of rice submerged in 3 different containers filled with water.

At the first grain of rice, saying words of hatred and contempt, and a grain of rice has been rotted.

The second grain of rice, said nothing, and a grain of rice has remained in good condition.

The third said words of affection and love, and a grain of rice was kept in good condition and had doubled its size.

This source was suggested by a friend of mine, the video is on youtub, if I can find the link I put.

• Like 1

I know you get good results with classical music, divrebbe be pretty good vibes for your plant.

I undertook an experiment done by a Japanese, where practically subjected to a test, 3 grains of rice submerged in 3 different containers filled with water.

At the first grain of rice, saying words of hatred and contempt, and a grain of rice has been rotted.

The second grain of rice, said nothing, and a grain of rice has remained in good condition.

The third said words of affection and love, and a grain of rice was kept in good condition and had doubled its size.

This source was suggested by a friend of mine, the video is on youtub, if I can find the link I put.

Thanks for that info bro! That is amazing, and to me, completely believable! Being Buddhist, (not that I want to discuss or bring religion into any topic lol) I strongly hold the viewpoint that we are all interconnected, human, animal, plant, earth, entire universe. With that in mind I believe out thoughts and vibrations, negative and positive surround us and effect everything around us. I've decided I'm going to start doing my morning meditation in the room with the plants from now on (when I dont skip it lol), the positive energy and extra CO2 from my breathing can't hurt :)

• Like 1

Very nice to meet you brother, I am a Catholic but does not believe in the church.

And my beliefs, they approach more to a Buddhist teaching, rather than Catholic.

I do not see Buddhism as a religion, but as a philosophy of life.

I really admire people who live according to the beliefs of Buddhism.

Returning to the plants, I think your company will do them only good.

very nice video man i loved the cristal pictures, too bad they didn't show the result of the rice at the end.

I think i remember a doc i had seen too that said you would even be able to recreate the music back just with the ice that hardenned with this music. don't know where it was tho lol ^^

Thanks for sharing that video man, and of course i'll keep playing music to my plants regurary ;)

hey dust, if you go on youtube and type in the name of the character, you can see more videos on the subject.

Certainly, if everything is already inside the growroom ok, a bit of good music to do just fine.

• Like 1

Mykol very nice to meet a like minded brother ) ...I am Anglican by birth, not a native Buddhist so to speak, but I also accept all religions and faiths that promote peace, goodwill, compassion, and helping to ease some suffering in this world. I also agree that Buddhism is much more like a philosophy of life :)

• Like 2