where can buy original OG Kush, WW, NL, JH?

Zeq

hi, i am very curious after have debate with my friend on my connection.

in my opinion, OG Kush, WW, NL, JH is a famous strain that is a must for every breeder to have it, which it all are the same taste or shape.

while my friend, she wont believe that its the same strain, she is think that we should get from the original breeder to make sure that is really2 pure (not modified or cross-breed with something)

but while im search on some seeds bank and type OG Kush, OH! MY! F! GOD! there are a lot of, very a lot of...

so somebody here can give some info/advice about this?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, Zeq, that is a problem in our universe.

We do like to give names to the plants that we develop for our use, just as mankind has been giving names to various breeds of chickens or horses or pigs or dogs or cats, whose characteristics we have enhanced through selective breeding and/or crossing with native breeds.

The problem is that we cannot expect to have any protection against 'use' of the names (or mis-use), because from where would the enforcement of that protection come?

Receiving the seeds in sealed professional packaging helps to ensure one, that he got the seeds from whom he expected. (But with printing and packaging technology today, even that can be copied, but at a cost - - -  "barrier to entry", that's another subject.)  And when there is no authoritarian, then who is to say who the original for a particular strain really is?

There could be the name, and a list of expected characteristics, and then multiple different breeders might have independently feminized and stabilized each their own strain with similar characteristics.

Other breeders may start with the developers seeds and perform continued feminizing, and then give it the same strain name.  (But then, to be fair, it should be packaged with their operation's name on it, not the name of the original developer, except as a genetic-sourcing reference.) 

Hence we say, "White Widow from GreenHouse Seeds" or "Northern Lights from Bulldog Seeds" when we want to be exact about our acquisition. 

Theoretically, feminizing from the pure single-mom seed-stock should continue to produce the same characteristics.   But it takes only an opened door or a  swift breeze laden with pollen to change an entire generation of seeds.  Even the original developer has a constant concern to hold to the characteristics (or the gewerbliche Erfolg) that defined the original cup-winning product, otherwise he could loose his marketshare and therefore his profit-momentum.

But every breeder is always shooting to uphold the quality of the original but as well, willing to accept a better result if it might come along; therefore, crossings are inevitable, sometimes for the better. 

So you are correct to be concerned about authenticity.  It is better to seek seeds from trusted sources, but you may also be pleasantly surprised by an unknown source.  It is also important to consider your route of delivery to avoid problems. 

These knowledges come with time and remaining in contact with trusted advisors.  This forum is such a place.

• Like 2

Zeq, look at some of the Distributor-Seedbanks' lists of sources.  Normally, listed-sources with a long history of being on the lists, and winners at cups, have earned those positions with their trustworthiness and stable behaviour.

If any seed-source develops a history of outright-cheating or low quality or bad product, one can expect a Distributor-Seedbank would eventually remove them from their offerings to avoid the complications that come with negative notariety.

Here's a link to begin that kind of research.

https://www.google.de/?gws_rd=ssl#q=distributor+seedbanks

Here is another link containing a long list of threads right here in this forum where seedbanks are discussed:

http://forums.strainhunters.com/search/?type=all&q=seedbanks

• Like 2

I found DNA / Grow Your Own to be a good source for the real OG originators. Make sure the  swedbank is from Cali or got direct links to breeders on the coast hence OG stands for Ocean Grown. One example is the Florida Gold, which is in fact the first real OG named strain - but it is from Florida. When the real run on theOG Kush started it was by breeders from the Emerald Triangle in Northern California who developed the OG KUSH from a Chemdawg - they added both Pakistani and Thai genetics to the 91 Chemdawg. Then it was further developed and stabilized outdoors not far from the Pacific Ocean, hence the title Ocean Grown = OG.

Best check out the DNA website/seedbank and you find a lot of details on their strains like the famous Skywalker Kush, which I grew and found out to be the bestKUSH I had bred so far. Taken a real old original Ingemmar White Widow mother clone and crossed it with the Skywalker Kush. The breeder tried to get more weight on the first OG Kush out there and once he had managed that he created 3 new genetics with it-a)Skywalker OG Kush, White Walker (the one with the White Widow) and finally the Lemon Walker by crossing the Skywalker Kush with an original Lemon Skunk fromLas Vegas. Also interesting the ALFIE etc.

Another good source are the Cali Connection with genetics mainly from the Lake Tahoe.

Not cheap but worth the extra bucks you pay hence the are not only top genetics with a killer effect but they usually produce up to 50% more than a good variety, let alone those who sell the so called OG's at low prices delivering weed, that is not on the same level or only a fraction of what DNA delivers...

Get the originals and see how others compare ...

• Like 2

I don't wanna comment and say anyone's OG is better than someone else's OG

There are infinite numbers, most of them rip-offs of the original

Having said that, although I'm not talking a straight OG, I had good luck recently with an OG x Chem #4. It's called Em-Dog. It's available from Humboldt Seed Organisation. Part of the B-Real stuff of theirs. It contains one OG-dominant pheno that is very tall and lanky, strong fuel, pine and earth scent. Strong as hell. Very reminiscent of everything you would look for in an OG to me

Here's a pic for you

DSC02487.JPG

so yeah this was from hot summer run, so I reckon she would be even more dense if you kept temps in perfect order

but yeah very flavourful and strong as oxes; I kept a cut of this one

there are other phenos too obviously; I would think this one comes up pretty often though in a five pack, in a ten pack you probably get her for sure guaranteed every single time

but that's as close to 'original' OG as I have ever found in my garden; however I am not an OG maniac, but have grown various Kush crosses, some based on OG stock, apparently at least

good hunting

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that looks awesome and Hunbold Seeds are from the Emerald Triangle, where the experts created an x-amount of great OG varieties, not to forget the OG-ALFI as in PINK GOO. Definitely worth paying the extra Euros for these genetics. Most are in fact based on the CHEMDAWG. I found that to be awesome. Greenhouse CHEMDOG, Royal Queen's KALI DOG and now I am trying out Barney's FARM and their TOP DAWG, which starts very promising. Barney's also offers a bunch of nice KUSHEs - The PVanilla Kush is really creamy and tasty ! New is the BAD AZZ KUSH. Grown by BAD AZZ a Rapper from LA, guy well affiliated with Snoop's DOGG POUND . The OG KUSH from Royal Queens looks great as well. Fat yellow-green colas sprinkled with crystals. Got some of these beans for further try outs..

• Like 3

This is a really good question for those who are looking for the Origin of things. I suppose there is a lot of phenos on this strain since it was at first "clones only". Some phenos are said to be even better than the original such as Og#18 (more sour and acid, yeild) or Kosher  (elite pheno, having won 2 Cups at least).

Actually i've found a really good video with real pros, concerning the history of the Og in the states, and even the origin of the Bubba kush... Enjoy!

0:05:35-0:11:00 1 of 3 History of OG Kush
0:17:40-0:34:15 2 of 3 History of OG Kush; Origin

1:17:15-1:25:50 3 of 3History of OG Kush; Terpenes

I like the history of the Bubba as well...

• Like 3

On 11/12/2016 at 1:23 PM, Bam-Bhole said:

Yeah, that looks awesome and Hunbold Seeds are from the Emerald Triangle, where the experts created an x-amount of great OG varieties, not to forget the OG-ALFI as in PINK GOO. Definitely worth paying the extra Euros for these genetics. Most are in fact based on the CHEMDAWG. I found that to be awesome. Greenhouse CHEMDOG, Royal Queen's KALI DOG and now I am trying out Barney's FARM and their TOP DAWG, which starts very promising. Barney's also offers a bunch of nice KUSHEs - The PVanilla Kush is really creamy and tasty ! New is the BAD AZZ KUSH. Grown by BAD AZZ a Rapper from LA, guy well affiliated with Snoop's DOGG POUND . The OG KUSH from Royal Queens looks great as well. Fat yellow-green colas sprinkled with crystals. Got some of these beans for further try outs..

royal queens og is very moldy....

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

KIK ID.......... lordpabloz

looking for long term customers
Great strains available from the best point. These genetics have been flowered out by myself and friends. Phenomenal flowers indeed. If you would like more info or pics just hit me up./../..///././..................... KIK ID.......... lordpabloz
These strains are Top Shelf Indoors and Outdoors.We had a great harvest this season and now we've got lots of Cannabis, multiple strains Currently working on some top shelf strains, You must not travel to get a good dealer but a good dealer should be able ///!! we give out Oz, Qp, Hp, to multiple lbs. KIK ID.......... lordpabloz

As for the OP looking for strains to cross:

I think OG is so overblown and so common now I would not bother breeding it. There must be 100 strains and stories that claim to be the 'original' OG. Many  are just the same cut. Many are back crossed, selfed, and odd ball crosses. I have grown several of them, like Ghost and Tahoe, and they were pretty much the same. OG does not do much for me. If I was going to work that strain, I would work with ChemDog, one of its parents. But again, Chem x Diesel x OG lines are all so overworked it is INSANE!  There are hundreds of each of those available now.

Personally I only cross land race strains to preserve their genetics. If I were to delve into more modern breeds, I would look at older heirlooms and land races to breed with, like WW, Durban, NL, Cali-O, an early Skunk,  Blueberry, etc. That way you can get a better genetic base for working with.

• 1 month later...

OG is going to be the only "tough" one, The saved genetics are available of the other ones. and Technically in theory all the same genetics exist still for OG but we don't know exactly whats in there. we KNOW a good portion. Not enough is known to get spesifics.  Thai X afghani, is a good starting point... but that plant in theory is the great grand dad to the original Kush/ OG cut that was going around in the late 90's.  I don't think its been definitively proved, if the cut we are all searching for is an S1 or F1  (we can safely safe after all the breeding done with legit OG in Amsterdam, that OGkush wasn't stable) 

The problem with OG is, Do you know If the bud you are referencing as OG, is actually OG? just like Hash Church, Adam Dunn of Th.s did a three part series also. 

If you were smoking back in the Late 90's, and were lucky enough to SEE the real deal grow before the OG moniker got tagged on, it was just called Kush then.   they are nearly un-mistake-able. These were never GOOD looking plans. Sickly weak looking plans that didn't really yield much. it was a sensitive plant, if you screwed something up it let you know. The old head stash hippies were growing it at the time as they were used to the low yeild and difficult of growing "haze" at the time. 

I personally don't think Chem91 is one of the parents. as ChemD doesn't really have the right structure. chem91 is closer but it seems more like a step Sister. than a pure sister.

I think there is something to the bags that Kush/OG and ChemX came out of likely are related by atleast one parent. they came out of bag seeds out of the same rough area around the same time. the Pollen in that area is the question.  they could be the same parents and just different phenos of the un-known hybrid. however i doubt it. 

Kush / OG kush came out of and Oz bag 3-4 seeds. Chem's girls came out of an ounce with more than a dozen seeds in it. Sounds like two separate runs with two separate pollen

OG sounds S1. Chem's sounds F1.

Just my 2 cents. I agree with Big Sur here.

Go back to atleast hybrid land race. pull out pheno's we've not been able to do. might come across something interest. 

I'd love to see more manageable Thai and Jamacian sativa hybrids worked into a few interesting hybrid lines. I"ve got some Idea's and schedules to work with once the legal climate here blooms so to speak.