Growing your food.

Croc

But of progress this morning... I grant you it's still looking W?T??⚡️⁉️?F!? State. Keep in mind I am working the Stoneage style with an axe and a hammer... no power cutting tools... that's why I have difficulties to make nice regular stripes so I give up and just made stripes... it's mainly for the skeleton. And won't be visible at the end anyway.

IMG_6130.JPG

once everything is tied up it will be ready for Phase 2 Cob buildIng.

Just received 4 cubic meter of soil today that I am planning to use for my compost and my veggies garden area.

IMG_6136.JPG

IMG_6137.JPG

this is the type of soil I have to deal with and actually this one is way better then my garden soil lol... composed mainly of clay, sand and some other soil but mainly clay.

IMG_6147.JPG

so I decided to tripple my composting area, I harvest around 800l of good soil in 6 months with this little spot here.

IMG_6140.JPG

4m by 2.5m original compost area.

IMG_6146.JPG

I need more compost! lol.

Anyway I used that dirt I receive to mix in the pile in layer manner... and I kept layers quite thin to accelerate the process I hope.

IMG_6139.JPG

First a layer of dirt then a layer of compost and so on till reached desire height.

IMG_6141.JPG

IMG_6142.JPG

IMG_6143.JPG

I hope within 3-4 months to be able to collect some VIP growing medium. Humidity level in my area never goes below 60% lol and more often in the 80% so the process is accelerated as well.

• Like 2

Phase one of new raised bed completed with the transplant of my tomatoes.

IMG_6189.JPGmidway before transplanting.

IMG_6191.JPG

Phase 2 is in the wheel barrow, I am softening the clay ?.

IMG_6190.JPG

Phase 2 for tomorrow most probably.

And yes I know it still look rough lol... but everything comes to those who can wait lol

On to some Cob building for my tomatoe raised bed.

IMG_6198.JPG

It's a bit more advance then this by the end of the day. Hopefully I can complete it by the end o the day tomorrow.

I am re-thinking what I have done with my compost pile adding layer of soil in between might actual makes it impossible to turn over in time... we'll see.

Morning from my side Guys...Got a nice surprise from my Koi pond this morning that I wanted to share with you.

IMG_6260.JPG

IMG_6259.JPG

have a beautiful day, morning, afternoon, evening or night wherever you might be!

• Like 1

I have done some progress on my Tomatoe Cob buildIng raised bed... I will need one more batch to finish it up. It's a veggie raised bed so it won't necessarily need very nice smooth finishing anyway.

IMG_6340.JPG

• Like 2

I am going to leave the bamboo showing on the side of the raised bed as I might just attach strings to them and link with the stake that will support the plants.

Tomorrow I am on the new potatoes raised bed in a beautiful sun shining location. I have no idea why I didn't start all of this in the right place directly. Ah as we say in French :" faire, défaire et refaire c'est toujours du travail" ask google translate ?

Now that I have done this for veggie garden, I don't see why I should not try to make similar to grow out precious! It's dead cheap for sure and will be strong enough to be there through at least 1 entire grow.

Once done with your first grow and maybe you want to re arrange the set up, just wet the pot, break it and reuse same to remind another pot in another location... ok it's time consuming and tiring but really if you are ready to put a bit of effort to have lifetime availability of raised bed, seriously I'll probably end up never buying a flower pot ever again!! ?

That said, I am wishing you all plenty of good stuff for this new year 2017. Stay safe!

• Like 1