First journal

Roo78

DSC_1723.JPGMy first attempt at a journal.

I'm not sure what the name of the strain I have is. Hopefully this journal can shed some light on the subject. 

I'm a little late to start my grow this year but this won't really matter a whole lot as they don't grow big anyway. 

The seeds where germinated on a plate covered with damp tissue paper then placed in pots. I'm using a premium quality potting mix to start them off. 

The photo is of the first one to emerge on day 5. I'll update as more break thru. 

Also I have added an old photo of what this strain came from 15 years ago. Poor quality I know but what can expect from an old polariods. 

Roo78 

14811040139031513066543.jpg

1481104057565-1794722638.jpg

• Like 4

Your polaroids remind me of Northern Lights from Bulldog Seeds, which I have grown outdoors before.  Mine had grown with relatively slender Sativa-like leaves, but the plants grew to only about 1,5 meterss in height, and the internodal distance remained relatively short. 

However, some other members here have described the Northern Lights leaves as broader than mine had grown.

Where did you get the seeds?

And WOW!    That first seedling appears to have 3 cotylin leaves instead of the usual two.  Is that really the case or am I mistaken?

I've never seen that before.  Can you capture a sharp close-up of this seedling so that we can see the triple cotylins?

Seed stock of unknown origin. Just a mixed bag from early on in my life when I was living with a alternative lifestyle family. 

I knew the plant I have now was in there it was just a case of culling out hundreds of seedlings to keep just a few. 

No you are not mistaken it does have triple cotylins and it is a common sight with this plant. 

I spent quite a few years only growing out that specific trait. The double still remains tho.

If you haven't seen it before I'm a little shocked,  I've had it for a while now and didn't give it much thought. Thinking if I have it then others have to.

It's a little bit exciting thinking it could be something different. Looking forward to further discussions. 

I tried to get a better photo but my phone just won't focus any closer. I'll update as it grows. 

Roo78 

DSC_1756.JPG

DSC_1737.JPG

• Like 2

On 7/12/2016 at 9:02 PM, Cannabissapean said:

Your polaroids remind me of Northern Lights from Bulldog Seeds, which I have grown outdoors before.  Mine had grown with relatively slender Sativa-like leaves, but the plants grew to only about 1,5 meterss in height, and the internodal distance remained relatively short. 

However, some other members here have described the Northern Lights leaves as broader than mine had grown.

Where did you get the seeds?

And WOW!    That first seedling appears to have 3 cotylin leaves instead of the usual two.  Is that really the case or am I mistaken?

I've never seen that before.  Can you capture a sharp close-up of this seedling so that we can see the triple cotylins?

hello.i make my seeds (strains) my first cross,my males herm to heat stress.the cross produce that 3 leaves plants,all to harvest extra branchs(buds)....i dont now if  its   genetix,or stress...one of my plants now, from a good cross ,  grow  3 leaves in 2 week in veg,only that 3 leaves whit 2w and 14cm,after  that normal grow....

one love

my seeds were from ace sees spain seeds bank,landerace mix pac.

• Like 1

Thanks for opening a journal man, looking forward to see what the plant will look like, are these the same seeds as the plant you showed before that was looking like the duckfoot and smelling earthy? 

Wish you all the best for this outdoor season!

• 3 months later...

Hi community, 

Apologies for my long absence, but I've had a run of unfortunate luck and don't have any grow journal updates. 

Extended periods of hot days and pests have put an end to this Year's grow.

Not from lack of trying from me but it just wasn't tobe. 

Good thing availability of seed isn't an issue as I went thru some trying to salvage something for the year but it's all part of the game. 

I promise to start my grow earlier next year so they get a chance to establish themselves before the weather heats up..

Just to reply to dust. 

It is a good quality smoke mate.  I've been inbreeding it on and off for the past twenty years.  Some years I selective pick male/  female, other years I don't. 

For a few years I only selected and grew the triple cotylins seed.

Just recently I grew some other strains, a sativa and indica style heritage unknown and they just aren't as good so they won't be back..

I'm going to track down the history of the strain I have so we can all hopefully learn something of its origins. 

Roo out:-) 

• 4 months later...