Green House BIO Feeding TEST

Jose.gh

Hi,

With the onset of winter, and the low temperature, I am happy to start a new indoor crop, a winter crop. My intention is to make a 100% Natural culture, 100% BIO. So .... What better occasion to try the BIO nutrients from Green House Feeding? 

In this crop I will use the new BIO nutrients from Green House Feeding (coming soon). It will be great to evaluate results personally. If you want to see how they work, or have any questions, maybe I can help solve it :drinks:

This time I decided to use cuttings, instead of seeds. My intention is to grow a lot, before beginning the flowering. Maybe three or four weeks under 400w / 600w metal halide. Then, maybe the flowering will begin on the middle of January (if all goes well).

It is an indoor of 1.2m2
With light 250w / 400w / 600w and 600w SL
Extraction and intraction system of air
Substrate:  soil - Normal soil / A little coconut fiber
Nutrients: Green House BIO Feeding
Containers: Smart Pot 12 Liters / 3 Gallons

Ok, it's the first time thats I use Smart Pot containers, so you should have patience haha 

First of all, I want to put a little armalite / arlite (volcanic rock) on the bottom. This is to improve drainage, just put it a little.

6104.jpg

Actually, how is the first time thats I use this type of container .... I want to see the difference, So I add a classic container 12 liter / 3 gallon.

6110.jpg

I put some earth, about halfway. And then I add some Green House Feeding BIO GROW.

6111.jpg

6118.jpg

According to the indications, 3gr / liter of BIO GROW should be used, for a standard culture of one month and a half, or two months of duration. I start with cuttings, so the growth period is only a few weeks or a month. I Use only half of the recommended dose, use 1.5 gr / liter.

6119.jpg

Once I added BIO GROW, I put more soil and put it all together. Be careful not to move the volcanic rock from the bottom. I try to make a good mix. 

Also I add a big handful of coconut fiber to each pot. I like to mix it up, to make it a little more fluffy, and keep the moisture better.

6125.jpg

Now only the transplant is left. This part is boring and dirty, you have to be careful with the delicate roots of the cuttings.

When the transplant is finished, I water the pots with water. Only water with PH set to 6.2  (about 1 liter per pot).

Once finished, I like to add a bit of volcanic rock / arlite, on top. In this way I can retain moisture better, the soil does not dry out easily.

6138.jpg

At the moment, I will use 400w. only. In a few days, maybe 600w. 

6145.jpg

The volcanic rock / arlite, has a horrible ph. You have to soak for several days, with a regulated pH (a bit acid). So that they stabilize. Always, before use.

For now .... this is it :)

• Like 10

Very nice, Jose.  Thank you for showing us the newest products.

Your cuttings are from which strain(s)?  It looks like they are from a few different strains...

You are mixing this powderfeed with the soil.  Is the BIO-powderfeed also suitable for hydroponics?

And when will BIO-powderfeeding become available for the rest of us?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cannabissapean said:

Very nice, Jose.  Thank you for showing us the newest products.

Your cuttings are from which strain(s)?  It looks like they are from a few different strains...

You are mixing this powderfeed with the soil.  Is the BIO-powderfeed also suitable for hydroponics?

And when will BIO-powderfeeding become available for the rest of us?

Hi mate, 

Now it is off (sleeping) and I do not remember everything by heart, the quantities of each. But there is White Widow, Super Critical, Hindu Kush, Great White Shark ..... a little bit of everything, all Indicas (except one).

About Green House Bio Feeding, We hope it is possible, about Spannabis (10 March). Although not 100% sure, it is only an estimated date.

Bio Feeding isnt for Hydro systems, but is very good in coconut.

Cheers! 

3 hours ago, Dust said:

Good luck with those bro ;) Hope they will do you good!

Thanks bro!

I hope see you in a few days! 

Cheers

Thanks for the answers Jose.

I sorta figured that it wasn't designed for hydro.  But I'll give it my best effort if you-guys want me to run a dial-in test on about 4 plants (I have the seeds already).  I expect that I might need to grind it with a mortar & pestel before weighing and mixing into the reservoirs.  Not knowing anything now about its contents and strength, I would only guess how many grams powder I might need for 4 plants over a ~10-12 week period.     150g?  300g?    It might be interesting to see how the plants react to the Bio-Nutes in hydro.

I know  it's a long-shot, but let me know if you want me to give it a go...

And thanks for the heads-up about Spannabis.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cannabissapean said:

Thanks for the answers Jose.

I sorta figured that it wasn't designed for hydro.  But I'll give it my best effort if you-guys want me to run a dial-in test on about 4 plants (I have the seeds already).  I expect that I might need to grind it with a mortar & pestel before weighing and mixing into the reservoirs.  Not knowing anything now about its contents and strength, I would only guess how many grams powder I might need for 4 plants over a ~10-12 week period.     150g?  300g?    It might be interesting to see how the plants react to the Bio-Nutes in hydro.

I know  it's a long-shot, but let me know if you want me to give it a go...

And thanks for the heads-up about Spannabis.

Hi friend, 

It's tempting, but it's not a product designed to be used on Hydro.

I Sent a query to our engineer, he answers this:

Dear Cannabissapean,

I'm sorry to tell you that our Biofertilizers are not designed to be used in Hydroponics, it can only work in Soil or Coco. Most of the raw materials are non soluble nutrients, they slow-release nutrients into the mediums like soil or coco and needs this kind of substrate due of the beneficial fungus on it. Without a medium to develop these fungus the Biofertilizer loose his properties and we can not guarantee is going to work. Therefore and because of it, we can not send it to you to be tested on Hydroponics.

Thank you for your interest. 

Kind regards, 

Cheers, Jose

• Like 3

Hello Jose,very good work!!

im curious to see this new fertilizer action, I imagine your tent in a bit of time will be a nice show , not that it already is !! how soon you put in bloom and how many varieties you have in your garden? looking forward to seeing the next updates. ;) 

Have a Happy growing!

• Like 1

Jose had responded:

I Sent a query to our engineer, he answers this:

Dear Cannabissapean,

I'm sorry to tell you that our Biofertilizers are not designed to be used in Hydroponics, it can only work in Soil or Coco. Most of the raw materials are non soluble nutrients, they slow-release nutrients into the mediums like soil or coco and needs this kind of substrate due of the beneficial fungus on it. Without a medium to develop these fungus the Biofertilizer loose his properties and we can not guarantee is going to work. Therefore and because of it, we can not send it to you to be tested on Hydroponics.

Thank you for your interest. 

Kind regards, 

OK, I understand.  I'll just wait then until it becomes available for sale, and of course, use it in soil.  A couple friends have asked me often whether I am growing my plants "bio".  Thanks for the answer...

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, 

The plants have grown at a good pace,  has been used water with pH regulated to 6.2 and 400w of HM illumination. The irrigations were every four or five days. There is not much heat, it is good to maintain moisture. They have a nice color, it is a natural color, very healthy.

aaa1IMG_6289.jpg

aaa2IMG_6296.jpg

The cuttings have adapted very well, grow many new branches and everything at a fast pace. In a few days I had a pruning of low branches, because it already seemed a little jungle. The plants grow very quickly (much),  I think change to bloom soon.

aaa3IMG_6315.jpg

aaa4IMG_6322.jpg

On the Tuesday 10th, it seems like a good day to make the change from growth to bloom. 

So I made a light bulb change, now I'm using a HPS bulb (Philips sont pia plus) at 600w. 

I has also removed all the arlite from the top, has been added the Green House Bio Feeding for flowering, and put the arlite again.

aaa5IMG_6331.jpg

aaa6IMG_6348.jpg

aaa7IMG_6362.jpg

aaa8IMG_6374.jpg

aaa9IMG_6408.jpg

I had to remove the lower branches again, another pruning :). They grow at full speed.

Now I irrigated with water, with the pH adjusted to 6.5, they are at 12/12 (light).

What I like the most, is the speed of growth, and the fantastic color they have. Really healthy, you can tell that they are happy plants.

Currently: Lighting 600w HPS / 12-12 light time / water schedule at 6.5 ph / Temp. Max. 26º Temp. Low 17º Temp Normal 22 ° / Humidity 65%

Soon more photos and info, regards

• Like 9

Hi Jose, great grow!

I'm not an expert of hps lights because I've always used leds, it is not too close that 600w bulb to your canopy?

An other question: which irrigation system are you adopting? I don't see any saucers! Do you move the plants in another location for watering?

• Like 2

Hi Jose, thanks for very informative journal. So in veg you dont add more feeding after you put some in the soilmix? And how about in bloom, should that one dose be enough for rest bloom or you have to add more later? I think that feeding would be perfect for outdoor guerilla grow when you cannot visit you spot too often. And of course im curious if there is gonna be any testing coming. You guys in ghsc must make make it avaible for spannabis :) 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, jHumbert said:

Hola Jose, gran crecer!

No soy un experto de las luces de HPS porque siempre he utilizado leds, no está demasiado cerca que la bombilla de 600w a su toldo?

Otra pregunta: ¿qué sistema de riego que está adoptando? No veo ningún platillos! Cómo se mueve las plantas en otra ubicación para el riego?

Hi jHumbert!

Indeed, the bulb is too close (now 600w super lumen = 660w). It is because it is very cold, the street air enters at low temperature (intracción), so it is possible to lower the bulb more than usual. When the cold wave is end, I should raise the light bulb a little. To avoid heat, and to avoid excessive lighting (can also burn the plant).

The irrigation system is horrible jeje, it is a 100% manual system. Now I must water every 3/4 days, but when no cold air, every 2/3 days.

Manual watering, I take all the smartpots and I am introducing them by rows. I irrigate each row individually, approximately one liter per smartpot at moment.

This helps me to realize new locations for each plant, this way of continuously rotating position. I hope to get a better production. Smart Pots is not the best system to irrigate, it needs a slow and homogeneous irrigation. But it's the best system I've ever seen, in root development. In photos photos I will try to show.

Cheers! 

18 hours ago, Nordic Grower said:

Hola Jose, gracias por la revista muy informativo. Así que en VEG usted no agregar más de alimentación después de poner algunos en la soilmix? Y ¿qué hay en la floración, debe ser que una dosis suficiente para que la floración de descanso o tendrá que añadir más tarde? Creo que la alimentación sería perfecto para crecer guerrillero exterior cuando no se puede visitar a detectar con demasiada frecuencia. Y, por supuesto im curioso si no va a ser ninguna prueba acerca. Ustedes deben hacer en GHSC hacen disponibles, para Spannabis:) 

Hi Nordic Grower! 

Yes, during the growth only he used the earth and some dust fertilizer (green house bio feeding). Irrigation only with water, with pH adjusted.

In the flowering, I added a little more dust. Powder for flowering (diferent that grow dust). According to our engineer, it is a powder of slow dissolution, so that it releases nutrients slowly with each irrigation.

No need to add anything else .... but obviously, it's something I can not personally certify (at moment). I hope we can all see the results in this follow up :)  Now I still use water to irrigate, with the pH to 6.5, nothing more. According to the engineer, only one dose at the beginning of flowering is sufficient (3gr / liter of soil).

There is more evidence on these nutrients, but they are still private tests, made in Green House laboratories. (Not for public at moment).

We hope to be able to offer the product in the next Spannabis :)  Maybe also free samples, but it is not yet verified.

Cheers! 

• Like 3

Hi again ;)

I come back with new updates, the flowering period has started very well at a general level. Plants look really healthy, they seem to be enjoying themselves! During the first days of flowering, they always become a little crazy, do not know if to grow or bloom ... so they do everything haha

FOTO-IMG_6414.png

FOTO-IMG_6420.png

FOTO-IMG_6429.png

With the Bio Bloom fertilizer, I can appreciate the appearance of beneficial fungi. They are fungi in the substrate, white or white bone, very beneficial. You can research more about this type of fungi, for example in USA  they are already  "requesting".

FOTO-IMG_6428.png

The plants looks very vigorous, even an explosion of roots. 

FOTO-IMG_6456.png

FOTO-IMG_6446.png

I have started using a new product from the BIO range of Green House Feeding, it's called BioEnhancer

Bio Enhancer is a mixture of algae and humic acids, also includes tricoderma and bacillus. It is a compound of nutrients, acids and fungi beneficial to the substrate and to the plant.

It is a black powder, one gram per liter of water is added and allowed to stand for 24 hours. Then, shake vigorously, adjust the PH and water with this.

It should be used every two weeks. From the stage of growth to harvest.

FOTO-IMG_6493.png

FOTO-IMG_6513.png

The water takes on an petrolium color, dark black. But do not worry, it's totally normal. 

The water only ups the EC  0.3 (the water that I use has 94ppm / after add this product has 262ppm) ie it had 0.2 and now has 0.5 EC

The plants do notice, because the vigor and root development is incredible.

FOTO-IMG_6459.png

FOTO-IMG_6463.png

• Like 6

Personally I think, that this nutrients are working very well. It's all 100% natural, and the plants are really healthy. 

I only removed one plant (a crazy GWS) because my dog decided to eat it haha. Instead, I have put a FBK (Flower Bomb Kush), something smaller in size ... but I hope to contribute some grams in good buds.

I like the strength of roots. They are everywhere, in all.

FOTO-IMG_6469.png

FOTO-IMG_6471.png

FOTO-IMG_6475.png

FOTO-IMG_6478.png

FOTO-IMG_6479.png

FOTO-IMG_6483.png

The first buds begin to form .... :)

That's all for now!  Cheers! 

• Like 8

Really nice to watch the BIO powder feeding in action...! Nothing works better than a demonstration.

The Hindu Kush must be one of my all time favorites, old school natural flavor combined with a relax smooth feeling, while the Great White Shark is in my Top5 Indica for evening relaxation inducing sleeping. I remind the White Shark Bio that i used to smoke back in time... Wonderful taste/effect. A winner natural medicine. First time i smoked it, it pushed me to bed twice during the day.(ok, it was a cold rainy sunday). The White Widow, is one of those strains that can't be forgotten as well...!

On the 11th picture, my two favorites were the bottom left and the bottom right plant.

Those pot are the best for indoor/outdoor... Plants just love it. Tried and approved.

The Bio revolution is coming on for the best.

• Like 1

Hi, 

Thanks for the feedback mates :drinks:

The plants continue to grow little to little, at the same time they are also making flower. Now it's all very interesting, I can even check some benefits of the BIO fertilizer.

The appearance of beneficial mushrooms gives me a lot of confidence. Only substrates with a lot of life, have this type of fungi. It is very positive for my plants, because they look healthier.

FOTO-IMG_6658.jpg

FOTO-IMG_6631.jpg

The fungi do not appear on all the plants, I imagine that in some of the pots it has been very mixed with the earth. Maybe that's why it only appears in some pots.

The plants are growing at a good pace, some of them need tutor. So it's time to tie :)

FOTO-IMG_6522.jpg

FOTO-IMG_6529.jpg

I am also growing some specimens of Flower Bomb Kush, under LED lighting.

I made the mix of 50% soil and 50% coconut for them. They are about to pass a flowering, they use one gallon in smartpots. 90w LEDs are enough to grow, with obviously high quality LEDs.

I used 3 grams of BIO Feeding per liter of mixture (coconut and soil). At three weeks, I used BIO Enchance (and I repeat every two weeks onwards).

I wanted to do a test without  use a clay balls (volcanic clay), to evaluate results. Coconut fiber is more aerated, in conjunction with soil, it also has a great microbacterial life.

What happens if we use high quality BIO fertilizers and a suitable lighting system?

What happens if we use high quality BIO fertilizers and aerated soil?

The results are impressive. Plants with a superior growth, a powerful speed. Plants with optimal health, really healthy. And above all ..... An EXPLOSION OF THE ROOT SYSTEM.

The roots of the plants go crazy, they are so healthy that they have developed to  snows never seen.

I do not know how to explain it, they develop so much that they try to get out of the pot hahaha they are great.

FOTO-IMG_6595.jpg

FOTO-IMG_6560.jpg

FOTO-IMG_6546.jpg

There are lots of roots, that's super positive. A cannabis plant with many roots, is a plant that can be nourished well, fattening the buds very easily. A plant with a good root system is a very healthier plant.

But in addition, the roots are incredibly healthy.

FOTO-IMG_6556.jpg

FOTO-IMG_6542.jpg

FOTO-IMG_6552.jpg

FOTO-IMG_6552-2.jpg

Everything is perfect for the moment. The flower bomb Kush are surprisingly healthy and powerful (today or tomorrow will begin blooming).

The rest of the plants are progressing very well, now it is in its third week of flowering (more or less). They eat very healthy, forming many shoots and filling the indoor with a delicious smell ....  

FOTO-IMG_6620.jpg

FOTO-IMG_6668.jpg

FOTOS-IMG_6662.jpg

All for now :)

Cheers

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again :)

The plants continue to evolve favorably, the formation of buds in notorious and soon begin to form the first nice buds. They will now be on the 30th or 35th day of flowering, roughly in the middle. I can not see any lack, so everything, for the moment, works great.

FOTO-IMG_6687.jpg

FOTO-IMG_6741.jpg

A big mistake has been put many varieties that are very branched. When they put so many plants in so little space, it is better that they are all of central bud .... 

But no problem :) I just have to put a little more attention to avoid excess moisture, and that the buds not collide between them.

I used a lot rope, to shape the stripes that were falling by the weight of the shoots.

FOTO-IMG_6749.jpg

The buds begin to form, now everything is full of smell and resin, it is a paradise.... 

The maximum temperature is 27º, the minimum of 17º. Humidity is between 40% and 60%, usually about 55% constant.

I use water with pH adjusted to 6.5 for irrigation. I do not add anything except the new BIO BOOSTER.

BIO BOOSTER is an excellent pk BIO, to add right now, when the flowers need a little more to fatten their buds. It is a liquid product, it is added to the water of irrigation during the fattening of the buds.

FOTO-IMG_6763.jpg

FOTO-IMG_6764.jpg

FOTO-IMG_6765.jpg

FOTO-IMG_6766.jpg

But all it's not good news ... The guest has arrived home, someone who did not want see me, want see my plants ...has come: The Red Spider.

Yes, unfortunately I have seen some leaves with bites, I have looked with the microscope (and with the macro camera) and yes, it is red spider.

It is not yet at a very advanced stage, but I am in the middle of the flowering stage. If I do not control it, it can be a big problem (they multiply at incredible speeds).

Impossible to use chemicals, impossible to spray anything on my buds, because I want them 100% natural. So, I bought red spider predators (natural).

I bought a quantity equivalent to the treatment of 100m2 (I use only 1.5m2), so .... I created the cannibal holocaust in my indoor. Im happy now lol

FOTO-IMG_6759.jpg

On the other hand, the experiment 50% coconut 50% soil, with nutrients 100% BIO (Organic food by GH Bio Feeding), is being nice. It is beautiful to see the health of the roots, they grow every day more, how healthy they are ....

FOTO-IMG_6734.jpg

FOTO-IMG_6710.jpg

FOTO-IMG_6708.jpg

FOTO-IMG_6778.jpg

FOTO-IMG_6696.jpg

FOTO-IMG_6693.jpg

The images speak for themselves. When the plants are happy, it shows. I think this type of powder feed (Green House BIO Feeding) is going to be the future for indoor crops, and of course for outside grows. They are very simple, the plants are very healthy, everything works well.

Only need see the one how to fattens the buds of the plants, remains during the next weeks. And of course, smoke and value the taste, the smell, the effect .... the quality :)

I know, that when we used natural nutrients, it is not necessary to perform a wash of roots, or at least not with intensity.

But, I am a very stubborn grower, I have my grow habits engraved with fire in my mind. When there are about fifteen days before harvest, I will do a full, very intense wash of roots.

I know the plants started to use their own nutrients, the food they have in their leaves and stems. So I will get a little ugly, yellow leaves, etc ....

I do not care that in a few weeks they are ugly, the only thing that matters to me, is that they are big buds and of very high quality. And for that, in my humble opinion, ALWAYS needs to perform a great wash of roots.

Cheers! 

• Like 8