Auto Seed Run and Photo's

I couldn't help but coming back sooner than later.

Autoflower Seed Run #1

This is 1 out of 4 seed runs. This seed run will be Crosses with Fast Buds Girl Scout Cookies! I will be pollinating 4 plants 3 of witch are different strains with the 4th being an a IBL back to itself . The 3 that will be Crossed with Fast Buds Girl Scout Cookies are Sweet Seeds Black Cream, Buddha Seeds Purple Kush and Delicious Seeds Dark Purple.

Photoperiod 

So this is the story behind these seeds... It was a freebie from attitude. The Strain is Critical Sensi Star , but here's the thing..This strain was brought up in my pollen tent and theirs a Potential for 4 different strains to be the parent of these 2 Seeds! Since I'm not sure I do not want to keep the genetics in my library , so that's the reason for me growing these 2 out.

Starting to Prep for everything. Tent is Clean , Seeds are germinating , Pots are filled.

16 hours ago, Cannabissapean said:

Alrighty-then...

It seems you are well-prepared.

Are you germinating the seeds in wet paper-towels or are they germinating direct in the soil?

I used a Rapid Rooter with a Heat Mat and Dome. I have trouble germinating any other way. I've gotten 100% germ rate everytime I used it. I did take them out the Rapid Rooter once I saw they popped and placed the Auto's in their final pot. The two photo's are in small containers to be transplanted later on.

20161231_053823.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your new grow with us ! I wish you all the best for it and some happy dense nuggets ;) So many LED grows now it is always interesting to see how they perform! They clearly improved a lot lately.

Have a good grow 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dust said:

Thanks for sharing your new grow with us ! I wish you all the best for it and some happy dense nuggets ;) So many LED grows now it is always interesting to see how they perform! They clearly improved a lot lately.

Have a good grow 

Thank you Dust! I'm glad to be back to share this journal. I have to admit I'm not the best but am getting better every grow and always learning where I can improve! So please feel free to offer any tips or advice!

• Like 2

Had a bit of a problem this morning I would like to share with you guys. Well I'm using 2 different mediums because I had some promix left over. They are promix HP cc and fox farm light warrior. The Promix plants medium won't dry as fast as the light warrior so I turned down humidity and lowered the lights witch was a big mistake! One of my Auto's witch were in light warrior looked like it struggled a little with the heat, the leaf didn't look to well and only this plant. I believe with my feeding , humidifier back up to correct RH and raising the lights back up helped this plant within minutes say about 10 I've noticed it look better! Lesson learned "Don't Fuck with your temps and RH" it's important!

This is the seedling I believe to be affected by the heat.What do you guys think am I correct on my assumption? I'm still learning how to read my plant so your input will be appreciated!

20170103_153545.jpg

20170103_153759.jpg

Seedlings often exhibit some strange shapes.  There could be a number of reasons; sometimes it is because the seed hadn't finished developing fully before it was separated from the mother plant. If the seedling successfully stands, odd leaf shapes in the first or second leaf-sets is usually no big deal.  As long as the cotylin leaves (the rounded baby leaves) are healthy, the seedling can overcome lots of problems.  The cotylins are responsible for special enzymes that help to regulate growth rate and immunity responses. 

Yours still look fine to me.

But you are right, in general, you should try to avoid wild swings in temp and humidity, especially in the seedling stage.

In plants that are a bit older, when they have that "traditional" cannabis-leaf shape, you can usually diagnose heat-stress when you notice that the serrated edges of the leaves are turned upwards.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2017 at 1:13 PM, Cannabissapean said:

Seedlings often exhibit some strange shapes.  There could be a number of reasons; sometimes it is because the seed hadn't finished developing fully before it was separated from the mother plant. If the seedling successfully stands, odd leaf shapes in the first or second leaf-sets is usually no big deal.  As long as the cotylin leaves (the rounded baby leaves) are healthy, the seedling can overcome lots of problems.  The cotylins are responsible for special enzymes that help to regulate growth rate and immunity responses. 

Yours still look fine to me.

But you are right, in general, you should try to avoid wild swings in temp and humidity, especially in the seedling stage.

In plants that are a bit older, when they have that "traditional" cannabis-leaf shape, you can usually diagnose heat-stress when you notice that the serrated edges of the leaves are turned upwards.

I'm afraid I might loose this strain. It's the the last seed I have of this strain, I was able to collect pollen from its predecessor. Hopefully it pulls through so I can make copies but it's taking it's good ole time.

11 hours ago, Cannabissapean said:

Slow growth is no reason to throw it out. 

My most stunted seedling among the Kaia Kushes turned out to be the biggest plant and heaviest yielder of my grow.

Canna I have a few more questions for you please.

1.When does a cannabis plant /Auto finishes its seedling stage and go into preveg? And how long is the preveg stage to veg?

2.When using seedling nutes should you water a few days with plain ph'ed water before switching to veg nutes?

BMG, I must say, I love that you are asking me these questions, because I thoroughly enjoy passing on what I know, or if I dont know something, by participating here, I learn a lot.  But I also look around, and I can just imagine all the big guys, the true professionals are all laughing at me.  There are lots of truely professionals among us here in StrainHunters.  I am a grower, but on a small scale.  Some of the others in here have huge rooms, and there are others who may not have big operations, but they have much much more and richer experience than I do.  I started my first seeds back in ~1979, but I didnt know a thing about growing, and they all failed and I stopped.  After that, I pursued a 20 year military career followed by 13 years of career-changing.  I returned to the growing scene in a big way when I discovered StrainHunters November 2013.  I was enthralled with StrainHunters and I jumped in with both feet, and I never looked back.  I am a cannabis enthusiast through and through, though I cannot claim to be as dedicated as Franco was, nor as dedicated as Arjan or the other StrainHunters and employees SH/GHSC; because they earn their living from the industry.  I work in a completely different industry for my living, and I love it.  But I love the cannabis culture and the technik that surrounds it as well.

I just wanted to be completely honest with you, and not mislead you to think that I am some guru.  I just enjoy studying cannabis and the technik, and passing on as honestly as possible what I have learned.  And I enjoy helping others also discover the technik and this wonderful forum.

The real experts here have left their legacy within the forum in the grow journals and in the Grow session videos with Franco and Arjan.  That is where the knowledge really is.  Oh and not just the great journals, but also the grow journals that contain the big flops are important.  By seeing the mistakes of others, we can also learn, without necessarily suffering the cost or loss in order to learn what not to do.

OK, to your questions...

Grow phases, basically they all over-lap.  As soon as the seed stands and the chlorophyl can see the light, it has begun the vegetative phase.  We just sort-of split-up the vegg phase into sub-sets for the purpose of discussions. I like to think of the seedling stage as from stand-up until the cotylins dry-up or die or fall off.  It's only a reference point.  I usually don't worry too much about nutrients while the cotylins are full; too much nutrients can kill a seedling quickly.  But when the cotylins begin to fade or yellow or fall off, then that's a good time to slowly introduce nutrients, half-strength for the first feeding, wait and read the plant, then increase a little more the next time, then full-manufacture-recommended strength.  I've never heard of "pre-veg", I dont use that term.

Remember, the first couple sets of leaves are often funny looking.  No big deal.

• Like 1

My god! 1979 I wasn't even dreamed of! I was born in 86 so not to far away.Very interesting career, I bet you've seen a lot and did a lot of things people never get the chance to in their entire life! My goodness how the world evolved from then to now I can only imagine! So you lived through the era when guy's wore bell-bottoms and it was in style! From what your saying I'm assuming your about my dad's age. You were born in the 50's? What was your role in the military if you don't mind me asking.