Rest in Smoke Franco Loja

Dust

Hello hunters, so here i am to announce this very sad news that some of you must know already, we have lost a hunter but will keep fighting!

Respect my brother 

Franco2B&W.jpg

Franco is an icon and helped change so many peoples lives. He will deeply be missed as a brother, father, son, friend and so much more. 
"Cannabis is my passion, my bread, my home. I feel it is my duty to make sure this amazing plant is preserved and enjoyed. I am a smoker, a grower, a breeder, and a strain hunter. For life."
Franco, the Strain Hunter
May 20th 1974 - January 2nd 2017

• Like 17

We all loved him, brother.

His passion was certainly an inspiration for me.

I am so happy to have gotten to know him, even if it was only through the grow session videos and the documentaries and an occasional reply in the forum.

So, now his dream lives on in us.

I am proud to be a Strain Hunter...

Let's carry on his work...

And thank you, Dust.  Your comment confirmed what I had hoped for, that we will fight on.  It would be a shame to not carry on what he had started.  I want to do my part.

My thoughts are also with his family and friends.  And he has lots of friends. 

Our hearts are heavy with grief, but time will heal.

• Like 4

It's a sad loss for all Francos family, including the ghs and strain hunter family too. I only knew of Franco from growhdtv and strainhunters videos but I feel like I've lost something too. I've never before seen somebody show such character and emotion at the sight of a plant. The weed world will miss him for sure.  I just planted some seeds this crops for Franco 

RIP BUDDY

• Like 1

Franco my friend, in 2010 you give me the chance too participate at the famous HTCC ! You are son frendly, energic and  in love with THE plant. You give me your passion and your knowledge. I remember the last day I see you in jamaica at the cup in 2015. Thanks for all you make for this comunauty. Stay strong Arjan, Heiko, Dust, all GHcrew, family and friends.  As Franco say "Peace, love and thc"! I drop a seeds in your memories !

• Like 1

My honest and deepest condolences to Franco's family & close friends, the GHSC staff and all who knew him personally.

So sad he had to leave so young, leaving his family behind, which breaks my heart.

R.I.P. Franco

Fim

Lars

• Like 1

I, too, have dropped a seed in memorium of Franco.

I'm sure that Franco was actively planning a number of strain-breeding projects, but one in particular, of which he may have been especially proud, was the SLEX (SuperLemonHaze x ExodusCheese).  At least he seemed very excited about it when he was interviewed recently by Zamnesia Magazine.  The testers here in StrainHunters have been very happy with SLEX.  The initial SLEX grows have already been harvested, and the smoke-reports are now being posted with positive opinions.

I will be ordering the SLEX for sure, as soon as it becomes available for sale.

By the way, if you don't know already, there is a Condolences Board opened if you wish to leave a message of condolence for Franco's family and friends, or a farewell message for Franco.  On the page showing various pictures of Franco and displaying his life's philosophy, before you click on the link to the actual Condolences Board, first simply scroll down below Franco's pictures, and then you can read Arjan's special message to Franco and to us, Franco's friends, the StrainHunters.

Here is the link to the Condolences Board:

http://www.greenhouseseeds.nl/franco/

Thank you , too, Arjan for the reassurance that Franco's legacy will continue.  Hang in there, buddy.  We're with you.

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still can't believe this! 

Haven't bin active in ages and come online and see this such sad news! 

He was good man! 

Lotta love for that dude! 

I remember when he gave some Panama Haze when i first arrived in Amsterdam one of the finest smokes i had the whole trip!

always had kind words and full of wisdom and inspiration could talk about strains for days! 

The community lost a good man! 

May his work continue with others and his knowledge he passed to us is passed to many others! 

Much love hunters and keep hunting and fighting the good fight! 

Peace

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Today is a sad day, Hunters! We lost a legendary Hunter one year ago, but as you all know, legends never really die! We'll always remember him laughing, joking, talking, smoking! I'll light up this exo for HIM rather than a candle! :) Fullgas, Brother!!! Rest in Peace, Love, THC!!!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Franco, this week have something special because a strain come out with your name, the Franco's Lemon Cheese but some of you already know it under the name of "SLEX" and we could test it here around 2015, her are the infos we can find on GH website!

FrancosLemonCheese_WEB.png.0c0b6f3f9dd62f2027adbb3bfc49db9b.png

60%  SATIVA  -  40%  INDICA   

THC:  21.58  CBD:  0.6   CBN:  0.19   

GENETICS 
Super Lemon Haze x Exodus Cheese (Franco's last selection) 
A part of the money from the sales of this strain goes to the Strain Hunter Foundation Franco Loja fund.

EFFECTS 
Very lemony smell with the typical cheese taste on the exhale. 
It is a very powerful high, very social and energizing.. 
Medicinally effective in pain therapy and appetite stimulation.. 

FLOWERING INDOOR 
9-11 weeks, with a production up to 750 gr/m2. 
Medium-tall plant, long and wide branches, needs support. 
Ideal for SCRoG or LST. 

FLOWERING OUTDOOR 
Finishes early November (Northern hemisphere). 
Production can reach 1000 gr/plant. Ideal for equatorial, tropical, 
subtropical and temperate climates.
Tall plant, needs support. 

AWARDS 
Not yet introduced.

Yet, I know the strain i will found at the GH both at the spannabis this year! I have grow right now and have already grow the  Super Lemon haze. I have in stock and have already grow the Exodus Cheese and now we have a cross of this two beautifful strains, What a great week for all of us Hunters!

Can wait to put these strain to flowering!

As you say always; Peace, love & THC

• Like 2