Hello people out there. (Looking for info on Afghani strains)

Afghi420

Hello there to fellow smokers and strain hunters out there. I live in a small Province in Eastern Canada and have been toking for about 25 years, daily for about 20. I have been growing myself for the last 3 or 4 years. I happened upon a bag of Rockstar Kush one day, this version comes from Med Man, who is a top notch grower that i believe lives in British Columbia and happens to have some killer Afghani genetics. I happened upon a bag of this rockstar one day and when i got home i found an article in one of the magazines about this guy and his rockstar bud, along with other strains his has.. After reading the description and seeing the pictures of the strain i knew for sure i had the real deal version of his rockstar bud, so i am positive on the strain. Anyhow, i lucked out with a couple seeds out of the bag, which matched even nmore the description i just read in the magazine, which said this strain tends to be prone to hermies, although i have been growing it for a few years straight and have stressed it on numerous occasions and only once had a batch that had more than a a couple seeds. I have been using earth juice to grow my plants ever since i started and i do this just because the tastiest and best smelling weed i have ever had came grown with earth juice, and after trying rockstar grown by 4 or so different people i know for a fact the stuff i grow is more pungent, of course that could just be the pheno i lucked out on. Now i will get to the reason i came to this forum.. About 20 years ago there was a strain floating around my area that we just called Afghi, it was by far the absolute strongest smelling weed i have smelled in my days of smoking. I mean one little bud or a rolled joint sitting in a cupboard would smell the entire house up and go through walls. The only way i can describe the smell is 'Afghi'... Sort of a skunk smell,  but different.. The bud had very little crystal and shaggy leaf, the best part of this bud was watching people kind of turn their nose up at it because it looked like shit, that was until they smoked it, although with that smell you would have to be crazy to not know that it was high end weed. The buds practically oozed of a sap on the plant, not covered in crystal but crazy sticky and gooey when you opened the bud. The high lasted a good 3-4 hours and would plant you on the couch and might cause drooling in some people. The one thing about this strain, and i've not met many smokers in my life that seem to be able to relate to this, is the high was so euphoric it was more similar to a heroin high than it was a weed high. Obviously not quite that heavy, but it really made you feel pleasant and happy and would plant you in dreamland for hours. I have read a million indica descriptions that claim a 'euphoric' high and have tried numerous top rated strains, i currently have about 12 dispensary grade strains right now as i just got my medical right to use about 2 weeks ago and have been enjoying it ever since. I can safely say that out of the 12 A grade rated strains i currently have none are any better than the rockstar kush i have been growing and none come close as far as the smell goes. The rockstar kush i grow is an afghani cross and has a nice skunky smell, similar to the old afghi i used to grow but a little different, doesn't go through walls quite like the old afghi. Another thing about this afghi strain was the leaves were very wide and round and it flowered in 45 days, i could put it outside around mid June and it would be finished early August, it was a primo outdoor crop for that reason. There ios a strain listed by a company  i think is called British Columbia Seed Company that is called Couchlock, the description of that strain soounds similar to my old afghi, so does the original granddaddy purps. I'm wondering if the strain Afghani #1 is actually a high end afghi and possibly the strain i am looking for, has anyone tried growing it out from fresh seed stock recently? I have posted my 'afghi' strain description on about 5 occasions now trying to find someone that has even experienced the strain, or weed that gives you that type of high for that matter. When i say the high was different than anything i have ever smoked i mean it, i have been smoking daily for 20 years at least and have tried a few strains over the years and nothing has ever come close to giving me that type of euphoria buzz. I did get a bit of afghi maybe 5 or so years ago that was called afghi, had the smell but not the 4 hour dream buzz, the smell wasn't as intense and the high was still euphoric more so than anything else, just not quite as strong as it used to be. I can almost guarantee if this strain was around now it would be World famous in no time, although since it didn't have much crystal and look pretty maybe it wouldn't, unfortunately..If anyone has experience with the afghani strains or better yet knows of the afghi euphoria and which strains still have that let me know. I wish so much i had that strain today and could get it tested because i am positive something in those results would stand out and be very special for the medical community as well. Take it easy.

• Like 2

Hello and welcome to the forum,

It sounds very interesting your strain kush, and of course also the Afghan variety of which you speak.

Unfortunately, our brother Franco passed away a few weeks ago (RIP), he was possibly the person with more knowledge about old strains. 

However, maybe someone in the forum knows the variety you are looking for.

By the description, very intense smell, skunk smell .... I thought it was a skunk (strain). The skunk emits a very intense smell, a skunk, so intense that can aromatizar a hectare.

The pure Afghan, original, emits a strong smell too, but not so intense or so skunk, is different. Is it possible to be an Afghan and skunk cross?

I will be in the consultation, has aroused my interest :)

Regards!

• Like 1

It was definitely an Afghani variety, it had the classic Afghanica rounded leaves, the fattest and roundest i have ever seen by far. I have had a true skunk in the past too, the real skunk that smelled as if you were standing over a dead skunk. Actually the skunk strain i had was one of my all time favorite as well, it didn't have that special euphoria like the afghi but it was a couchlocking strain, which is what i am after, and how could anyone not enjoy a true skunk weed smell. I need to look up more info on Afghani #1 grows people have done as the strain does sound similar in description to what i had somewhat. All i can say is the afghi was very noticeably better than any other weed i have smoked, mainly because of the smell and that euphoria, the 45 day flower was nice too. Anyways, thanks for the welcome, see you around.

Sorry to hear about Franco, this was the first i had heard of him passing. I only knew him from watching all of the Strain Hunter videos, that must have been a real blow to all of you guys who worked with him personally. I'm sure his name will live on for a long time.

• Like 1

Hey Afghi420, Welcome to the forum. You mentioned a Afghani you grew about 20yrs ago. I too had a Afghani about 20-25yrs ago. The description sounds familiar. I did post pics of it in my introduction if you'd like to see them. The pics are crappy cause they are from 20+yr old polaroids. I will say though the Afghani I grew was a yielder, It could put out 1lb per plant pretty easy if you had the room. there isn't a pic of it in my post but I once had a cola bigger than my head lol. Unfortunately I don't have the strain anymore either. People I knew back then had the strain as well, but I haven't seen them in a while and not sure if I could get it again.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2017 at 7:28 PM, Cropsicle said:

Hey Afghi420, Welcome to the forum. You mentioned a Afghani you grew about 20yrs ago. I too had a Afghani about 20-25yrs ago. The description sounds familiar. I did post pics of it in my introduction if you'd like to see them. The pics are crappy cause they are from 20+yr old polaroids. I will say though the Afghani I grew was a yielder, It could put out 1lb per plant pretty easy if you had the room. there isn't a pic of it in my post but I once had a cola bigger than my head lol. Unfortunately I don't have the strain anymore either. People I knew back then had the strain as well, but I haven't seen them in a while and not sure if I could get it again.

I shouldn't say my old Afghi wasn't a yielder i suppose.. I wasn't too knowledgeable of a grower back then and wasn't doing much to promote bigger yields so there is a good chance it could have been a good yielder. I also used earth juice way back then as i still do now and it doesn't pump out massive buds, it does pump out the best tasting and smelling weed i've ever had though, thats why i stick with it.. I've had the same rockstar grown by other people with different nutes and it never has the same pungency as it does with the earth juice. Did your old afghi have that afghi stink? Mine would smell even as baby clones in a tray, just a little rub of the stock and you would be that afghi stink all over your fingers.  There is something nice about a strain that gives you that euphoric comfort like morphine.. The last time i got a bit of afghi about 5 years ago i smoked a joint and ended up laying on the lawn in my back yard for half an hour with my dog staring up at the clouds, i felt so good. That stuff was only probably a quarter the potency of the old afghi i had too, but it did have the euphoric feeling. I think the original granddaddy purps might have beebn similar to the afghi.. The way it just took the United States by storm is something that i guarantee would happen if the afghi were around today. I've been looking around for past few years online trying to find something similar with that euphoria or hopefully find the afghi itself. I couldn't imagine the concentrates that could be made with this afghi...

On 1/19/2017 at 7:28 PM, Cropsicle said:

• 4 months later...

i am here for same thing  i got some beans afghan kush from world of seeds out of 6 i got 2 to sprout and 1 was the most narcodic shit ever   . of the two seeds i popped i got 2 phenos one short wide fans  with a slight magnesium ? thing  that made stems underside of leaf and branches purple, most of it went away with added mag . but thats how i can tell its the magic one before getting to flower .  . the other pheno taller looks like a hybred no purpleing ,  i have same impression its like dope all other weed sucks compared to this . i have a pic at couple weeks and one  near finish .  super dankness like the 80s  lemon pledge and pine kinda like bubba  at times and at finish it suddenly goes super dank which is 65-70 days !     i came to see if anyone knew more before i go get 80 seeds from WOS looking for a purple male and female to normalize this pheno . it will be worth it . 

ak1.JPG

kush 1 & 2.JPG

• Like 1