Hey Guests, please register !!!!!!! (and a Quick-Guide)

Cannabissapean

HEY!

(This was written to help you get on the fast-track in this forum.)

All you people lurking around in here only as Guest.:cool:  Yeah, this means you.:taunt:  C'mon, register with us, man.  We are busting our budz to preserve this plant and to document the how-to's and what work's.  You are benefitting from it, but you aren't participating. :lazy:-_-

Please join with StrainHunters.  Register, create a rad User-Name, find a cool picture or graphic and use that as your Avatar.  We could use your input, and if you have questions, we can help answer those questions, but only if you post the questions.  You can post questions and open grow journals after you become registered.:gamer:

(Commit to your memory, or write it down, where you found this document.  This document is found under "Browse", then "Introduce Yourself", then "Hey Guests Please Register!!!!! Quick Guide"I promise you that you will want to return to this document again for the Quick-Guide.)

There is so much that you can do in here, but you cannot see it all, nor can you do it all if you are not registered. 

Examples:  Guests cannot access the Chats.:punish::drinks::friends:  We have live chatrooms and private one-on-one chats that run in real time.  Guests cannot post in the threads, nor upload pictures.:mail::paint::gamer:  Guests cannot participate in the new-strains seed-testing and nutrient-testing.:nono: xD That means that you will miss-out on the prizes that are awarded at the end of those testing contests. xD:girlwah:

It has been my experience that StrainHunters announces a testing contest once or twice a year, so get registered and participate to show us that you can perform testing and that you can journalize your work.

Here is a link to the registration page.  When the page opens, just scroll down to begin the registration:

http://forums.strainhunters.com/register/

When registering, don’t pull a stoner and forget your User-Name and Password.:smoke:  Write them down somewhere.:mail:  You cannot get back in if you forget them.:nono::girlwah::crying:

Exceptions:

If you forget your password, you can click on "forgot my password", and then through a link sent to your email, you can re-set your password.  Of course, in order for "forgot my password" to work for you, you DO have to remember your User-Name. 

If you have forgotten your User-Name, then you'll just have to re-register under a new User-Name.  If you are lucky, you might find an old post from your earlier personality, thereby rediscovering your old User-Name, and THEN you can try using "forgot my password" to again establish access to your earlier self.

If you have forgotten the password to your email, then maybe you're a little beyond my help.  ..  LOL

After you get registered, you can accelerate your participation by following a few simple steps of this Quick-Guide:

Step 1.  Please, please, please, write your first Post in the Topic Area called "Introduce Yourself" To find this Area, click on the "Browse" at the top of nearly any page of the website, then click on the first category "Introduce Yourself".  Then look to the right; find and click on "Start new Topic".  Here you will enter the Title, of your first Topic, then scroll down a bit and write your Introduction.   Other members will later respond to your Introduction as they "find" it.  This first step is important to build your confidence and to ensure that you have found the basic initial controls necessary for further posting activities.  After successfully posting your Introduction, do not wait for an answer.  Trust me.  Move on immediately to the next step.  I promise you, when someones responds to your Intro, you will automatically receive a Notification, as you will see later.  That means also, don't forget to return to StrainHunters.!!!! You will definitely have Mail here on your next visit.  (OK, it might take a day or two sometimes.)  But for now, go immediately to Step 2.  Here, the fun REALLY begins.

Step 2.  While you are waiting for others to find your Intro, go ahead and get involved in active threads.  Here's how:  Again, click on "Browse" and notice that a row of subtitles will open directly under the Browse-Icon.  To the far right is a subtitle called "Online Users".  Click on "Online Users" and you will see a listing of the Members who are currently online to include the Threads or Areas where they were most recently active and the time that had passed since their last activity.  HERE you will find Threads that are the MOST CURRENTLY ACTIVE.  Click on one that interests you and read the Thread for a while.  With time, you will begin to understand that other users are actually there, the most recent posts are always at the BOTTOM of the LAST page of each Thread.  You can see the speed of the activity by remaining aware of the passage of time reported in each post.  Be patient with yourself.  Be aware that the posting-times do not update in real-time.  Rather, they update ONLY each time that you click to post your comment or each time that you click to change a page.  You will find that, before you realise it, you will be chatting and responding right along with us.  In some threads, when there are 5 or 6 participants online at the same time, the discussion can be so fun or so fast that you cannot keep up.  Or sometimes, the discussion will proceed at the tact of hourly or sometimes overnight.  Or, the continuation of the discussion might simply be waiting on YOUR input.

Step 3.  There is so much more here to discover.  The entire Index of Topics under "Browse" is a huge database of active and previous discussions that you may enjoy and enjoin at any time.  The date of the latest response is always your clue as to how fresh the discussion is.  But old dates do not mean that there is not something interesting there.  These Topics are RICH historical archives of which YOU (or rather, your Avatar, are now a participant.  Look also at how many Replies there are under the Individual Topics.  The number of Replies sometimes indicates how interesting the subject was or is.  If you want to see wonderful pictures of GROWS, look in the Indoor- and Outdoor Grow Journals.  (There is also a Photo-Gallery Section for you to discover.)  By the way, if you are currently growing, then by all means, open a journal in the Indoor- or Outdoor Journals Areas and show us how you are doing it.  (Failed experiences are also appreciated.  We also want to know what doesn't work as well.)  As you will see later, normally only those members who can show good journalism techniques, photographs, and journals-to-completion may be chosen to participate in the New-Strains Testing or Nutrients Testing.  We also have Grow Competitions  or Photo Competitions that may result in Prizes or gifts being awarded.  Again, participation acceptance is normally contingent upon previously demonstrated journalism in this forum.  So get a grow journal started and completed soon.

Step 4.  If you wish to send someone a Personal message, click on their Avatar (their picture).  This will open their Profile Page.  Then click on "Message" in their Profile Page.  If you want to "Follow" them, then click on "Follow" on their Profile Page.  "Following" other Members is an exceptionally fast way to get involved.  You will see that in your Notifications.  Each new and interesting Member that you find.  "Follow" them.

Step 5.  When others send you a Personal Message, it will appear as a Numeral at the top of the webpage over the "Message" Icon.  When you receive a Notification, it will appear as a Numeral at the top of the webpage over the "Notifications" Icon.

I am not a Robot, therefore I cannot always be online to greet you, but to your advantage, it is extremely rare to find no one in here.  You will almost always find a new friend here with whom to chat or otherwise exchange information.   When you do find ME here online in StrainHunters, I will be happy to give you further pointers and preference-settings to optimize your forum experience.

Registering with StrainHunters will enable you to make friends AROUND THE WORLD who share your enthusiasm for Cannabis.  Just do it!  You’ll thank me later.

Cannabissapean

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm registered and VERY new to all of this.  I had a couple of seeds laying around so I started them.  They're looking pretty good but really leggy.  Got a clip on light to them and it's made a difference.  Both are girls.  No seeds.  Any advice on really good lights and fertilizer would be great.  Thanks all!

• Like 2

Hey Kittykat, welcome to StrainHunters forum.  In this post I'm going to give you LOTS of information.  Use it.

I do invite you to post another "Hello" in the "Introduce Yourself" Topic here in the forum, so that many more of the members will SEE you, and be able to write you a proper "welcome" message.  (To find the "Introduce Yourself" Topic, click on the "Browse" link (the little house-symbol at the top of the web-page) and then "Introduce Yourself" is one of the first Topics that you will see.  If you are using a Smartphone or Android, many of the features of this Forum are better accessible from a Laptop or PC-computer.

Congratulations on starting your 2 seeds.  We would so much like to see them.  Happy to learn that you have immediately recognised that better light is the key to avoid or to correct "leggy" plants.  And yes, we certainly can help with advice on lamps and fertilizers.

I do hope that you will post in the "Introduce Yourself" Topic.  THEREAFTER, please do open a post in the "Indoor Grow" area.  There, you can begin your first Grow-Journal using these 2 plants, and even more members will be able to meet you and to help you with THIS - your first grow.  Please take pictures of your plants and your setup, so that we can SEE what's going on.  Here at StrainHunters, we really enjoy viewing pictures, just as you certainly enjoy viewing the pictures of other member's grows.  So, please open a grow-journal, and let's get rocking.  To find the "Indoor Grow" area, click on Browse and scroll way down to "Indoor Grows".

In "Indoor Grows" (also "Outdoor Grows", and in many of the other Topic-Areas), you can see the journals of other members.  Study and Enjoy their efforts, and that will help you to develop your own style of Cannabis-Journalism.  Above all, HAVE FUN surfing the forum, reading the posts and submitting your own journals.

As you can imagine, there will be many different opinions offered to you from our members regarding lamps and nutrients.  I will begin here to suggest to you that good lighting IS VERY important for good results.  You will need to think about lamps for the Vegetative-Phase of the plant's life cycle, and then about lamps for the Flowering-Phase of the plant's life cycle.  Cannabis is a photoperiod-sensitive plant.  You will learn more about that later.  Fertilizer is also very important, and the plant's needs do change depending on its stage in life.  The characteristics of the water used are also important, particularly pH.  There is much much more to learn.  (I suggest that you use 2-36Watt T8 fluorescent coolwhite bulbs for veg-stage.  For flowering-stage, either an LED-array (90 x 3Watt, various wavelengths, ~270Watts) OR high pressure sodium (HPS is HOT and uses a lot of energy, though).  For nutrients, I do recommend Greenhouse Powder-Feeding  and I do recommend Bio-Bizz liquid feeding.  There are many manufacturers of cannabis-related nutrients, variously available to you depending on which continent you are.

I will offer to you a traditional video to watch.  Many of us have cut our teeth on this video when we started our grow setups.  It is entertaining and informative.  Take notes and enjoy.  This describes a basic setup, and every setup is certainly different in one way or another.  On YouTube, look for "Mr. Green - I Grow Chronic".  It is split into 9 or 13 different videos (depending on the channel). 

Hope to see you soon in your own grow journal.

P.S.  How do you know both these seeds are girls?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

OK, if you are ready to get going, follow this next step:

Write your first Post in the Topic Area called "Introduce Yourself".  To find this Area, click on the "Browse" at the top of nearly any page of the website, then click on the first category "Introduce Yourself".  Then look to the right; find and click on "Start new Topic".  Here you will enter the Title, of your first Topic, then scroll down a bit and write your Introduction.  Other members will later respond to your Introduction as they "find" it.  This first step is important to build your confidence and to ensure that you have found the basic initial controls necessary for further posting activities.  After successfully posting your Introduction, do not wait for an answer.  Trust me.  Move on immediately to the next step.  I promise you, when someones responds to your Intro, you will automatically receive a Notification, as you will see later.  That means also, don't forget to return to StrainHunters.!!!! You will definitely have Mail here on your next visit.  (OK, it might take a day or two sometimes.)  But for now, go immediately to Step 2.  Here, the fun REALLY begins.