Quickest way to see sex . ??

So i personally havent experimented much into this so basically ive had plants before under a 12/12 light schedule from start to finish but for them to show sex it used to still take at least a month mattering on the genetics to be honest . But what im trying to get at is , is it possible to get a plant to show sex at like 14 days and if yes how are you depriving it from light for a couple of days . what are you doing. 

Peace 

I turn off the lamps in the sealed bloom tent for 36 to 48 hours.  Thereafter, the lamps are operated 12/12.  The pre-flowers usually appear within 7 days after the light deprivation.  The bloom tent must be sealed during dark periods, otherwise you wont have light deprivation.

If you don't have a sealing tent, then if your plants are in pots, you can stick them in a dark closet and seal the light out using duct tape (careful not to destroy the paint on the door and the door-frame.  Wifey won't like that.).  Be sure to water the plant and throw away the run-off before sealing her away for the couple days.

If the plants are in the ground or located somewhere similar, if you want to deprive light, you'll just have to invent some way to cover her with some opaque material like black visquine (black plastic), but CAREFUL!  DO NOT ALLOW THE PLASTIC TO TOUCH THE PLANT!  Black plastic in the sunshine gets hot enough to burn and quickly dehydrate the plant.  You must be concerned with monitoring and quickly correcting the temperature under a black cover.  Keep the plastic at least half a meter (1,5 feet) away from the plant, and be sure to usa a fan to keep the air moving under the plastic.

4 hours ago, Cannabissapean said:

I turn off the lamps in the sealed bloom tent for 36 to 48 hours.  Thereafter, the lamps are operated 12/12.  The pre-flowers usually appear within 7 days after the light deprivation.  The bloom tent must be sealed during dark periods, otherwise you wont have light deprivation.

If you don't have a sealing tent, then if your plants are in pots, you can stick them in a dark closet and seal the light out using duct tape (careful not to destroy the paint on the door and the door-frame.  Wifey won't like that.).  Be sure to water the plant and throw away the run-off before sealing her away for the couple days.

If the plants are in the ground or located somewhere similar, if you want to deprive light, you'll just have to invent some way to cover her with some opaque material like black visquine (black plastic), but CAREFUL!  DO NOT ALLOW THE PLASTIC TO TOUCH THE PLANT!  Black plastic in the sunshine gets hot enough to burn and quickly dehydrate the plant.  You must be concerned with monitoring and quickly correcting the temperature under a black cover.  Keep the plastic at least half a meter (1,5 feet) away from the plant, and be sure to usa a fan to keep the air moving under the plastic.

With this technique do you think you could get a 2 week old plant to show sex. 

That is a bit young.  But I have seen some grows in here where they switched to 12/12 right after the cotyledons were shriveled.  So, yes it is possible.

To help the plant show sex early, you might also need to flush away the high Nitrogen nutes and replace them with nutrients for flowering (P&K), then the plant will have what it needs to start flowering.  If the high N nutes remain, and the plant doesn't have the P&K, then it might not be able to start flowering.

But remember, if the plant is not able to develop enough in Vegg stage, then it won't have enough vegetation to provide sufficient energy to the flowering effort, and your yield (whether seeds or weed) will suffer.

Hi guys, when you do  a grow in 12/12 from seed, you can count on the sexing to appear around day 20-21 more or less, and for most strains, rarely before. When you veg a plant for a long period as well, like a month or over, the plant always shows sex at the internoedal base once she is mature sexually, even in veg, so if you watch closely the preflower sites among the stem you should be able to see some good hint of rather it is a male or not, Otherwise the best is like Sapean said to force the plant, or a cut from the plant, to flower and see the sex :) 

Have a good experimenting around ;) 

• Like 1

My experience is photoperiod plants need 30-35days before show sex 12/12 from seed. Autos show sex in 18-27days with 18/6. I have Blue Dream 12/12 from seed, she showed sex in 29days from leaves opened, 34days from when i soak the seed. In hydro with proper light that 30days is enough if there is some sativa in genes.

• Like 2