Good day to you all!

LeoGetz

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to learn, share what I already know and associate with like minded people. 

I am a regular, almost every day smoker for very long time, so I try to cover my own needs and maybe share with only the closest friends whom I can trust. Where I live marijuana is completely illegal apart from the Medical Marijuana story in the public media for the last few years. Therefor I do not sell what I grow because I consider that pushing my luck since I am already getting away with growing it. I grow strictly outdoors and far away from the area that I live in. That is  continental climate somewhere in Europe on the lower mountains, altitude 700 meters above sea. The soil is yellow sandy loam because all the compost is washed away from the surface by rain. I prepare the raised bed after every harvest  near the natural water spring and abandoned cottage.The area around the bed is on the flat surface  in the middle of a very slopped side of the hill. It catches all of the morning sun since it is facing east and misses a few evening hours of it. Trees are close enough to protect from the strongest winds and not block the light at all. I fill the bed with the soil brought up from the  stream bank where all the surface nutrients  end up, then decomposed wood and finally some aged sheep manure. I am trying to use what I find in the neighborhood. The reason for this is that the area is very hard to reach with the car from the nearest village, so I always walk trough the forest for several kilometers. Besides that, my financial means are very limited so I find this the cheapest way to grow. I do not know much about nutrients and indoor growing but I have been a guerrilla grower for more then a decade. The seeds are the ones I picked from the best weed I smoked and then reproduced creating my own seeds. There are lots of strains that look, smell and taste different but all of them are very potent.

• Like 2

Hi LeoGetz, welcome to forum

This is really how a guerrilla grow, far from civilization and well hidden, should work. The natural way of growing with organic nutrients, can be stretched or you can use a new range of organic acids powder (coming soon at greenhousefeeding.com).

It would be great if you can comaprtir some photos of your plants, to appreciate :) Enjoy the forum!

Greetings!

• Like 1

Wonderful Introduction, LeoGetz.

Welcome.  We look forward to your Grow Journal Outdoor, if you would like to open one. 

And I had been growing in an area near to you (Central Europe ~500 meters).  But man, the slugs and the deer ruin me every time.  What do you do to win against them?  It seems I can never win against them.

1 hour ago, Cannabissapean said:

Welcome.  We look forward to your Grow Journal Outdoor, if you would like to open one. 

And I had been growing in an area near to you (Central Europe ~500 meters).  But man, the slugs and the deer ruin me every time.  What do you do to win against them?  It seems I can never win against them.

İt might not be my buisness but i couldnt help my self. Dog litter cat litter even your own litter scattered around your grow and that will definetly help with the deer and pigs. With slugs . Beer is the trick bro . dig a small hole put a cup of beer under your tree and slugs will fall for the trap and most likely drown them selves in the beer. :) 

Peace 

• Like 1

That's OK, No-comment.  It's right on the theme of the current discussion.  And your comment might help other drive-by readers.

Yeah, I've heard of those tricks before.  And maybe they do work.  I don't have a dog, but I definitely have lots of cat schnit.

I'm a little afraid of using the beer trick, though.  Because the beer is also an attractant, and there might be one or two slugs that find the plant before they find the beer. 

(But there is another way to think about it.  It's a really good excuse to take about 3 or 4 beers into the woods.  The slugs won't get all of it.)

I've also heard of using dog-hair (like from a poodle-parlor). 

I guess my problem was bad planning and general laziness to do what was necessary.  But, now, it seems that there are just too many people wandering around in the woods where I want to plant, I'll just have to find another place.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2017 at 11:29 PM, Cannabissapean said:

It seems that there are no slugs at all here, but i had a similar problem with snails closer to the city I live in, at 200 m altitude and bit warmer climate then the mountains. The soil down here is darker then then on higher altitude, less sand but sticky, airless. It was an attempt to use a neglected, overgrown park. Further away from the main park road I made my way deep into  thick thorny bushes, where I cleared some space using clippers. The plants were growing rapidly but got eaten by snails completely. After every rain, right the next morning they were gone. Natural snail repellents such as garlic, coffee and copper did not have any effect.The problem is that the snails come in swarms during the night when the rain falls, so even if some of them drawn in beer, the rest of them will eat your plants. Its also hard to make a beer container that will let the snails in but prevent it from being filled with rain water. After two unsuccessful seasons i gave up on this patch.

I run into deer every time during a climb trough the woods, when visiting my current patch in the mountain, but never had any problems there. There are also a lot of wild boars that used to terrorize farmers crops, such as potatoes and corn, before this area was abandoned. I simply pile up thick dry branches around my raised bed and prevent the access. Wild animals move along their standard routes that are somewhat visible and should be avoided when you are picking a spot. Since I plant the seeds directly into the medium  I also have to worry about birds.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...