Sensi Seeds feminised mix - Mars Hydro

Crentz

@slimkush I was getting some yellowing of the leaves with the veins staying dark green, the Epsom Salt cured this problem and some of the purpling of the stems but not all of it?

@Cannabissapean thanks man?

I'm going to add hydroguard,Cal Mag, Bio-root and Diamond nectar to my feeding schedule this week once I receive delivery and add everything in the order below.

Silica
Hydroguard
Cal mag 
Micro
Bio-root
Diamond nectar 
Grow
Bloom

I wasn't going to do any lst training or super cropping on these girls but decided to start yesterday, plant 2 has now been super cropped as it was starting to stretch a good bit and I'm just doing some light bending of branches on the other two plants. 

Plant 1 and 3 has 7 tops and plant 2 has 8 tops. 

IMG_5989.JPG

IMG_5991.JPG

IMG_5993.JPG

IMG_5994.JPG

IMG_5995.JPG

IMG_5996.JPG

• Like 1

hello crentz !

it is difficult to see exactly the problem with the purple light but with you said i think you're right. more, if you solve it with adding epsom salt you was  totally right .

it's cool to see that. . i hope it will be the last problem for you man !

continue to read and observe your plants like that.

On 15/04/2017 at 7:00 PM, slimkush said:

hello crentz !

it is difficult to see exactly the problem with the purple light but with you said i think you're right. more, if you solve it with adding epsom salt you was  totally right .

it's cool to see that. . i hope it will be the last problem for you man !

continue to read and observe your plants like that.

I have found that growing in Hydro is very finicky so far and unless you have everything dialled in to nearly 100% like environment/nutrients then things can go wrong very fast....growing style and the way you problem solve also play a big factor in it too. 

I deliberately used the feminised mix seeds for this grow as a test run so I can have optimal conditions for my second hydro grow, I'm still having some small issues like EC and ph rising while water levels are dropping which I will post in more detail soon here and I am hoping some experienced hydro guys can point me in the right direction on how to correct this. 

@slimkush thanks for the advice and help it's always appreciated man?

Day 7 of flower

PH 5.3

EC 1.5

Temps 23 degrees 

Humidity 58%

Water temps 20 degrees 

Just changed out the nutrients into 20 litre buckets and switched over to bloom mix, still no sign of pre-flowers at day 7. 

Dropped the PH to 5.3 for this nute change and I will let it steadily rise to 6.2 before adjusting back down.....hopefully this will give the plants a good range of nutrients at different ph levels. 

I was having some issues with EC and PH rising and water levels dropping before the last nutrient change, I'm guessing this in down to my nute mix being to strong and the plants are taking up water faster than nutrients but maybe I'm wrong.  Hopefully some experienced hydro growers can point me in the right direction regarding this?

My understanding is EC levels should be dropping as the plants feed, I lowered the EC to 1.5 and I'm hoping this fixes the problem.

Feeding mix for this nute change is as follows.

General Hydroponics Flora Series 

Per 12 litres of water or 3 gallons 

9ml Grow

9ml Micro 

15ml Bloom 

32ml silica

0.5ml Super Thrive

Tap water starting at 0.7 EC or 350 PPM 

Total EC 1.5 or 750 PPM 

I'm waiting on a delivery of Cal Mag and Diamond Nectar which I will also be adding, I would like to add B52 by Advanced Nutrients but it's out of my price range at the moment so any suggestions on something similar would be great.

The two Mars Hydro 300w lights have been lowered to 18 inches from the canopy and the plants are really starting to bush out now. 

Thats it for now, if anyone has any ideas about the issues above I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks? 

IMG_6011.JPG

IMG_6013.JPG

IMG_6020.JPG

IMG_6021.JPG

IMG_6022.JPG

Day 13 of flower

PH: 5.8

EC: 1.6 or 800 PPM

Humidity: 53%

Temps:
24 degrees lights on - 19 degrees lights off.

Water Temps: 20 degrees

Ok so I'm 13 days into flower now and still no signs of any of the 3 plants showing their sex, no white pistols at all.
This has me a bit concerned and the only thing I could think of doing was adjusting my light timer so lights on will be 11 hours 45 minutes and lights off will be 12 hours 15 minutes.... hopefully this will move them along a bit faster.

I decided not to change the nutes out for another week as my EC was raising and the plants didn't take up much nutrients. In one week the EC has raised from 1.5 to 1.8, my next nutrients change I'm going to drop the EC to 1.3 or 1.4 and see if this fixes the problem of my EC raising.

For this week I plan on dropping the EC slowly by adding just plane tap water PH'd to 5.3 until I find the sweet spot where my water levels are dropping and EC stays around the same.

I have narrowed the strains down to either Shiva Skunk or Skunk Kush or maybe even both. 

Overall I'm happy with growth and they seem to be happy enough for now, over the next week I'll open them up a bit and remove some leaves for better light penetration and do some lst on them.

Any advice welcome. 

Thanks for looking. 

IMG_6157.JPG

IMG_6159.JPG

IMG_6155.JPG

IMG_6158.JPG

IMG_6156.JPG

IMG_6160.JPG

IMG_6161.JPG

IMG_6154.JPG

IMG_6163.JPG

IMG_6162.JPG

Side by side picture of growth in just one day:pleasantry:

IMG_6188.JPGChanging up the light timing did the trick, two days after changing to 11 hours 45 minutes on and 12 hours 15 minutes off buds are forming nicely with lots of white hairs now.

IMG_6191.JPG

Day 18 Flower

PH 5.5

PPM 820

Humidity 50%

Temps 19 Degrees lights off - 24 Degrees lights on

Water Temps 20 degrees

Changed out the nutrients today and trying something different, below if the feeding they got this time around.

Silica 25ml

Cal Mag 10ml = 150ppm

Micro 10ml = 145ppm

Diamond Nectar 8ml

Grow 2ml = 30ppm

Bloom 13ml = 100ppm

PK 13/14 3ml = 35ppm

Super Thrive few drops

4ml ph down

Starting ppm 360

Total 820ppm

Starting ph 7.3

Finished ph 5.5

Plants look really happy but bud production looks a little behind for this stage of the game, doesn't help that I don't know which strains I'm dealing with and if they are early or late finishers.
The leds are now lowered to 12 inches from the canopy and the plants are showing no signs of light burn, I'm hoping the pk 13/14 kicks bud production into overdrive but let's see what happens.

Overall I'm very pleased with how my first hydro grow is going, I was expecting it to be a hell of a lot more complicated than it is.

thanks for looking

IMG_6214.JPG

IMG_6216.JPG

IMG_6213.JPG

IMG_6212.JPG

IMG_6211.JPG

IMG_6210.JPG

IMG_6215.JPG

• 5 months later...