Cheers from Italy

LedCherryBerry

Good evening, fellow growers.
Just wanted to introduce myself :)

I've already grown back in the days, mainly critical haze and, as my name suggests, red cherry berry (which i recommend you if you're looking for some nice couch lock stone).
Since i'm thinking about doing a grow journal (came up with the idea this summer), and since i've been reading tons of info on many, many forums, including this one, i thought i might sign the hell up for once, and share it with you. Also, i think it's a beautiful opportunity to learn more. 
Anyway, as I said, i'm italian. I'm no cook, but you can ask me whatever you want: if we're all with the mafia, if we play mandolino, how's the weather, if we stink like cheese or beat our women with salami.. i'll be glad to answer.

I'll head tweaking a bit my profile. 

P.S. It's been like 10 years or so since i wrote something on a forum, i'm feeling a bit embarassed.
Also, my English ain't that good, please be merciful :3

• Like 2

Thank you, Cannabissapean. I'll start writing one as soon as i find a good vpn to write here. 
Italy's a weird place: you can buy zig zags, paper filters, grinders, but you're supposed to use them with tobacco. 
You can buy weed seeds, yet you cannot flower them (you can grow them to veg phase, but then you have to kill them).
Our laws prohibit personal cultivation, since it assumes it is only for "dealers". 
I could get 6 to 10 years for growing weed.

I'll start tomorrow.. ;)

• Like 3

Hello LedCherryBerry and welcome to forum :)

Actually if I have a question for a good Italian .... How do you prepare homemade pizza dough? I love pizza :)

We hope you enjoy the forum and you can share and learn.

Regards!

Good morning Jose, thanks for letting me in!

A good pizza? Huh, this is gonna take a while.

First of all, you've gotta prepare your "base", the "bread soul" of your pizza. That's gonna take you:
- 300g or 10.5 ounces "00" flour (dunno how you call it)
- 200g or 7 ounces manitoba flour
- 300g or 10.5 ounces water 
- 12g beer yeast
- 10g olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of fine salt

- In a bowl, mix water, sugar and yeast, until they mix perfectly.
- Add flours and start handle the "thing".
- Add salt and oil and keep kneading for at least 8-10 minutes. What you need to obtain is a soft bready blob. Not too hard, not too.. blobby, i guess.
- Let it rest in a clean bowl, covered, in a furnace or on your table. At 28-30 degrees Celsius (approx 84F) it'll be ready in 2 hours or so.
- When it's ready, deflate it and smooth it thin on a woody surface. Help yourself with additional flour or it'll stick to your surface in a matter of seconds. That's basically digestible superglue. If you're poor and have no glue but flour.. :D
- If you're doing baking tin pizza, oil the baking tin first OR add the cooking paper. Let it rest another 2 hours and it'll be ready to.. uhm.. decorations. Like, real hard ingredient spam. Like your grandma would love.
If you want it round, just.. round it, i guess. And indeed, let it rest 2 hours and spam the shit out of it.

A standard Margherita in italy (tomato, mozzarella) is composed of:

- Our base
- 400g or 14 ounces of tomato paste (not sauce)
- 250g or 9 ounces of mozzarella
- 10 basil leaves (optional, but they give taste)
- olive oil
- salt
- origan

- When you rounded your pizza, take a small bowl or a cup, and mix together a spurt of salt, your tomato paste, your oil and half the basil. Mix and take a taste to mix the salt, eventually. Important: if you fucked up your salt, for the love of your gods, DON'T ADD SUGAR.
- Move your base on some cooking paper (so you don't mess your place, dummy, and it wont stick), and add your mix to the base. Spread it in a way that a round border appears.
- Add your mozzarella.

For cooking it:
If you have an electric furnace: keep it closed, insert your pizza when it's really hot and cook for 8-10 minutes keeping an eye on your temperature and blow the air bubbles if she does them. If you don't blow them, they'll be burned and taste a bit, indeed, of burnt. I like that, but some may not appreciate it.
If you have a regular home-furnace: cook your pizza at 190 C°, or 374 F°, for 10 minutes static, then some minute with air flowing.
IF you have the REAL LUCK of having a wood furnace: cook your pizza when the furnace is around 230 C°, or 446 F°, keep rotating your pizza to cook all the "sides".

A word on this: i cook my pizza a bit differently. I make it a bit thicker, so the "floor" is crunchy but the top is soft and absorbs the ingredient juices. I also add a ton of shit to it, but i have to write this rule, otherwise people will fuck up italian cuisine.

Don't. Add. Pineapple.     Please.          We beg of you.

Unless it's Pineapple express.. :D

Have a good pizza!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, LedCherryBerry said:

Italy's a weird place: you can buy zig zags, paper filters, grinders, but you're supposed to use them with tobacco. 

You can buy weed seeds, yet you cannot flower them (you can grow them to veg phase, but then you have to kill them).

Our laws prohibit personal cultivation, since it assumes it is only for "dealers". 

I could get 6 to 10 years for growing weed.

I'll start tomorrow.. ;)

LOL,    That's the spirit, CherryBerry...    :rofl:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cannabissapean said:

Oh Yes YES  YES!!!

I love the way you write recipes.

By the way, if you cook with cannabis, we have a Topic Category for that too.   http://forums.strainhunters.com/forum/30-cooking-with-cannabis/

Please keep writing for us.   :clapping:

Thank you sir. I am not perfect, but when i do things i try to do them at best. 
Recipes are our way of life, no matter what kind! :D
Also, i'm assuming you are a Sir, but if you're a Madame i beg your pardon.

I did cannabutter back in the days, and i used it to make cannacookies. 
Unfortunately i can't remember my recipe. They were too good to be remembered.. hehe.

I will keep writing until i have hands. 
Some hours ago i posted my first grow journal, still ongoing. 
I missed some info on that, but i'll update as soon as i.. indeed, have updates. 

Cheers!

• Like 1

"Thank you sir. I am not perfect, but when i do things i try to do them at best. 
Recipes are our way of life, no matter what kind! :D"

I like your style, and I trust that as an Italian, you certainly know how to cook.

I know I will be looking forward to whatever recipes you may have to offer.

"Also, I'm assuming you are a Sir, but if you're a Madame I beg your pardon."

"Sir" sounds too British.  You may call me "Don".

(My wife and I just finished watching all 3 parts of the Godfather, Wow!)

"I did cannabutter back in the days, and i used it to make cannacookies. 
Unfortunately i can't remember my recipe. They were too good to be remembered.. hehe."

Hehe, I know that loss of memory very well. 

I have about 500 grams of Cannabutter in the freezer right now.

I am very much looking forward to my next lapse of memory, mmmhmmm.

Maybe cookies or brownies or a Rührkuchen.

"I will keep writing until I have hands. 
Some hours ago I posted my first grow journal, still ongoing. 
I missed some info on that, but I'll update as soon as I.. indeed, have updates."

Yes, I saw your journal.  As I had said, I like your style.

Ciao!

• Like 2

And i love the way you write replies!

Don't trust ANY italian you may ever meet. We're bad people: racists, liars, smugglers, bad politicians, tax evaders, scammers..
I can cook a very, very limited amount of meals. Two of which i've already said (pizza and canna cookies). 
But hey, at least i don't smell like cheese.

If you're the Don, then i'll be just a picciotto (which, i think might translate in "short and fat guy").
500 grams! Holy heck! 
I remember i managed to gather up to 150g, but nothing else. I made a few cookies, not too many.

High the may with you be, my friend. Good night.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2017 at 11:17 AM, LedCherryBerry said:

Good morning Jose, thanks for letting me in!

A good pizza? Huh, this is gonna take a while.

First of all, you've gotta prepare your "base", the "bread soul" of your pizza. That's gonna take you:
- 300g or 10.5 ounces "00" flour (dunno how you call it)
- 200g or 7 ounces manitoba flour
- 300g or 10.5 ounces water 
- 12g beer yeast
- 10g olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of fine salt

- In a bowl, mix water, sugar and yeast, until they mix perfectly.
- Add flours and start handle the "thing".
- Add salt and oil and keep kneading for at least 8-10 minutes. What you need to obtain is a soft bready blob. Not too hard, not too.. blobby, i guess.
- Let it rest in a clean bowl, covered, in a furnace or on your table. At 28-30 degrees Celsius (approx 84F) it'll be ready in 2 hours or so.
- When it's ready, deflate it and smooth it thin on a woody surface. Help yourself with additional flour or it'll stick to your surface in a matter of seconds. That's basically digestible superglue. If you're poor and have no glue but flour.. :D
- If you're doing baking tin pizza, oil the baking tin first OR add the cooking paper. Let it rest another 2 hours and it'll be ready to.. uhm.. decorations. Like, real hard ingredient spam. Like your grandma would love.
If you want it round, just.. round it, i guess. And indeed, let it rest 2 hours and spam the shit out of it.

A standard Margherita in italy (tomato, mozzarella) is composed of:

- Our base
- 400g or 14 ounces of tomato paste (not sauce)
- 250g or 9 ounces of mozzarella
- 10 basil leaves (optional, but they give taste)
- olive oil
- salt
- origan

- When you rounded your pizza, take a small bowl or a cup, and mix together a spurt of salt, your tomato paste, your oil and half the basil. Mix and take a taste to mix the salt, eventually. Important: if you fucked up your salt, for the love of your gods, DON'T ADD SUGAR.
- Move your base on some cooking paper (so you don't mess your place, dummy, and it wont stick), and add your mix to the base. Spread it in a way that a round border appears.
- Add your mozzarella.

For cooking it:
If you have an electric furnace: keep it closed, insert your pizza when it's really hot and cook for 8-10 minutes keeping an eye on your temperature and blow the air bubbles if she does them. If you don't blow them, they'll be burned and taste a bit, indeed, of burnt. I like that, but some may not appreciate it.
If you have a regular home-furnace: cook your pizza at 190 C°, or 374 F°, for 10 minutes static, then some minute with air flowing.
IF you have the REAL LUCK of having a wood furnace: cook your pizza when the furnace is around 230 C°, or 446 F°, keep rotating your pizza to cook all the "sides".

A word on this: i cook my pizza a bit differently. I make it a bit thicker, so the "floor" is crunchy but the top is soft and absorbs the ingredient juices. I also add a ton of shit to it, but i have to write this rule, otherwise people will fuck up italian cuisine.

Don't. Add. Pineapple.     Please.          We beg of you.

Unless it's Pineapple express.. :D

Have a good pizza!

Wow thanks a lot mate, I love it :)

I promise to make this recipe over the next few weeks and add some photos :)

Greetings friend!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@LedCherryBerry  

This weekend I made the recipe, everything came out great :)

The dough made it very thin and crunchy, then added the ingredients and a more baked.

Sorry for the poor quality of the photos, I used an old cell phone.

Regards!

Don't take it as a personal offense, but i don't know how to react: stupefied or horrified.
It looks like a cow hide! 

Uhm, i think i forgot to mention you have to put the tomato-cheese-other ingredients ON the pizza before baking it. 
Otherwise the ingredients will taste acidic, and too raw. 
Pizza is art, it's a blend of tastes, a mix of flavours, and a lot, like, a real lot of swearing. Like, the first times, GOD is going to cover his ears..

Another thing i forgot to mention: home furnaces are assholes. They cook unequally. 

Peace!

EDIT: Next time mom makes her pizza, i'll take some photos of the process ;)
I am really, really a rookie when it comes to cooking. 

She knows her shit.

Hahaha no, it's not a problem.

When I put the ingredients and then I bake, then the dough is somewhat soft (I suppose because of the humidity of the tomato, cheese, etc ...).

So I do two parts:

First I bake the dough and leave it dry, crispy.

Then I add the ingredients (tomato, cheese, tuna, onion, etc ...)

And then I bake everything again a short time, at a lot of temperature. For the ingredients to cook fast.

So I take out the pizza with the baked ingredients, and with the crunchy dough even in the middle.

It will be good to see photos, although I'm sure you give me envy :)

• Like 1

Man, reading again my reply, i noticed i sounded like an asshole. So rude.

Your recipe looks much more like our "spianata", which is a very baked, crunchy version of a flat bread.
The spianata is also stuffed with other ingredients, such as fresh tomatoes, salad, cheese, bacon, etc...
Also, the spianata is rolled on itself, like the french crépes. Final product is a solid, rolly, crunchy piece of bread full of joy and unicorn tears.

A reference image:
spianata.jpg.074aef8bd7a0484d12199b9564cc176f.jpg

A homemade, italian pizza should look like this:
59f86ec213c88_Tegliadipizza.jpg.66919935386054852aa6bae34fd1017c.jpg

Ahem, those are not my photos. These guys are rookies hehehe

Cheers!

• Like 1

Maybe next time, bake the ingredients first and then add the dough ... maybe give me the nobel :)

Hahaha kidding, I'll make more pictures next weekend when I make more pizza (I've frozen several portions of dough without kneading)

Regards!

• Like 2