its not going to be able to open far enough for air to

exchange properly.

is there no way you could put intake or exhaust out

bedroon door and use curtain to help seal or use that

kind of method.

PEACE

• Like 1

Hi @slimjim

The exhaust has some power to it, so the hot air get shunted out quite well I think as long as I have the window open 8 inches (not on the latch). 

I've put a thermometer 6 inches into the end of the exhaust ducting and it's currently (the girls are in bed) measuring 23.1ºC with humidity of 39% (dehumidifier is IN tent on Laundry Saving mode, creating heat).  Canopy temp is 23.6ºC with 35% humidity.  So I think the exhaust is doing ok at getting hot air out.  Probe temperature (that's on the one fabric tent air intake is 16.4ºC, so cold air is defo making it in through the same small window the hot air is being blown out of; down the curtains and in through the single tent vent/intake.  .  There are three fans in the tent, so when the cold air comes in, it is mixed well with the air already in the tent (temp at the same height as the fabric tent air intake  but on the opposite side of tent reads 22.5ºC with humidity 38%.  

Edit: measured the exhaust from the dehumidifier: 36.7ºC and humidity is 10%.

Kind regards, Shaggy

Last night with the above setup, Canopy temp got down to 21.6ºC and maxed out at 23.3ºC, probe temp on the air intake got down to 14ºC. Dehumidifier sucked 2 litres of moisture.

So, I think I'm good as long as I keep the window ajar by 6-8 inches. 

No need to water today as the pot is not as light as I'd like it.  Likely because the dehumidifier was not on for 2 nights (so 2 x 2 litre not sucked out of tent air) and because there are fewer fan leaves (I've been defoliating the yellow ones). Today is one week since first proper flush (10 days since last feed; rest; and flush).  So a week-ish to go to harvest.  Excited, much, you betchya!

In the process of making some bubble hash from the defoliation I've been doing.  I do not expect much.  I've used 160, 73, and 25 micron bubble bag filters (unused were the 220 and 120 micron bags I also have.

Looks a bit green.  On on the left is 73 micron, one on the right 25 micron.

Do you make bubble hash, if so, which micron bags do you use?

I think it's green because I mixed too much and got plant matter/chlorophyll in there.  My leaves were dry, I will freeze them next time.  Googleing around seems like I need a 90 micron and 45 micron bag as well.

IMG_20171110_120252.jpg

First hit of that bubble hash gave me a cerebral high and put me on an energetic mission.  Lasted quite a while as well. Had a few more bowls throughout the day at different strengths.  The very large bowl I had at 7.15pm put me to bed.  I had a great nights sleep.  Dried, it's a lot less green.  

IMG_20171111_081527.jpg

• Like 3

Wow ShaggyGrower, 

It looks great, dry acquires a more natural color (green was strange hehe).

Thanks for sharing! Does the powerful brain effect let you sleep? Personally I need something corporal (indica strain) for the evening ... but it is good to know more opinions.

We'll be alert!

25 minutes ago, Jose.gh said:

Wow ShaggyGrower, 

It looks great, dry acquires a more natural color (green was strange hehe).

Thanks for sharing! Does the powerful brain effect let you sleep? Personally I need something corporal (indica strain) for the evening ... but it is good to know more opinions.

We'll be alert!

Hi @Jose.gh,

The cerebral high occured with the bowl filled a quarter or a third. It got more body effects the fuller I filled the bowl. Think I went a bit OTT on the last bowl which is why it zonked me.  I'm guessing as a suspected sativa dominated hybrid(s), sativa affected first then the indica part took over. I slept like a log.

• Like 1

Harvested a few lower branches yesterday and fashioned a drying box which is kept at 70-75°C with humidity ~ 50%.

I've also made a couple of CO2 generators (water, sugar, yeast) which may or may not help (mainly for my new grow) - in for a penny ..... :)

Only a few fungus gnats flying about now, so my perlite top & bottom seems to have helped.  Actually, just moved the opened bag of coco which is next to my big tent and there are lots there, so I may have found the source.  I shall keep the bags of opened Tropic Bat Mix and Coco Pro outside (in the cold) from now on.

I've lowered max temp to 75°C and min is ~ 64°C.  Humidity is a little high at ~ 50% (decided to save myself ~400w and worry by not using the dehumidifier), but there is lots of air flow so fingers crossed mold won't be an issue.

Tomorrow is pencilled in for harvest, but I would like to let their pot go very, very dry before harvesting so might delay that.  Additionally, I've read conflicting statement regarding leaving them in the dark for 24-48 hrs before harvesting, what are your thoughts?

IMG_20171116_075236.jpg

IMG_20171116_080527.jpg

• Like 2

Hi @Cindy

I've delayed harvest until their container is dry.  They went into their long last night yesterday (4pm GMT)  and I hope to harvest this afternoon (Sunday) after I'm back from golfing.  I've just put the dehumidifier on to get them extra dry by this afternoon.
I'm currently out of stash.  Boo!  I kinda had a bet with myself not to buy any more and just smoke my growings.  Granted, it aint going to taste it's best.  So, I cut a niceish nug off yesterday of 22.5g wet; partially fast dried some of it under the grill again, and knocked off some & smoked.  Again, cerebral and energetic at first becoming more body stoned later with a great sleep afterwards.

IMG_20171118_163805.jpg

• Like 1

Harvest time.  I've used my propogation tent as a drying tent and placed that in the rearranged big tent to help with smell filtration.  Steady 70-75 with ~50% humidity in there.  My harvest thus far has exceeded all my expectations.  I just hope I don't bugger up the drying/curing stage.

IMG_20171119_162322.jpg

IMG_20171120_064448.jpg

IMG_20171120_064501.jpg

IMG_20171120_064309.jpg

• Like 1

Final harvest tally. About 8oz plus change (about 2oz of change).  Not bad for some bag-seeds I did not expect much from, and I've learned a lot along their journey so hopefully the next batch will be better.

I need to work on a lot of things, drying especially as I think they dried to quickly in only 6 days.

Final_Harvest.jpg